more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (09/10/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 09, 2015, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Emmo And US Progress

Emerson Hyndman was a 59th-minute substitute as the US Under-23s earned a 4-0 win over Panama on Tuesday night.

The victory saw America top Group A and move into the Semi-Finals of the 2015 CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

After a goalless first half, the US came to the fore in the second 45. An own goal by Panama defender Fidel Escobar just after the break opened the floodgates as Jerome Kiesewetter and Jordan Morris both bagged a goal apiece in six minutes, before Luis Gil capped the scoring from the penalty spot on 71.

The USA will face the loser of Group B's Mexico or Honduras in the Semi-Final on Saturday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/october/07/emmo-and-us-progress?

WhiteJC

Maestro Memories

Sunday 18th October will mark the 10 year anniversary of Johnny Haynes' passing, and to commemorate our greatest ever player we'll be posting plenty of Maestro-related content on fulhamfc.com throughout the day.

One such feature will be your memories of Johnny. Whether it's a game that particularly stands out where he ran the show, or perhaps you met him on Stevenage Road after a game and had a chat.

We'd love to hear any stories or tributes that you may have, and we'll include the best ones on the 18th. Simply fill out the below form to submit your memories, or email us any anecdotes or photos you may have of the great man.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/october/08/maestro-memories?

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ben Pringle reveals QPR flatmate, enthusiasm for Game of Thrones, first wage, and other secrets

Whites winger on life off the pitch

It's personal: Ben Pringle

Ben Pringle was a Fulham capture from Rotherham United in the summer on a free - and wasted no time making an impact on the Whites left.

Two goals in 12 appearances, including a cracker against QPR in the west London derby two weeks ago, bodes well for a decent season.

But what of the private Pringle? The player opens up to GetWestLondon.

Pringle's screensaver on his laptop is the famous aquarium in Dubai.

Water view: Dubai Aquarium

This was prompted by his last holiday, which was to the UAE resort.

Sun, sea and soccer: Dubai

Pringle can afford it now, but his first wage was as a £90-a-week scholar at West Brom in 2006, about half an hour's work these days.

Start: WBA's home, The Hawthorns

His first car was a Renault Clio - it cost him £1,700.

Va-Va Voom: Pringle car

Pringle's last download was the award winning Game of Thrones. He didn't say whether he is going to watch it in Westeros or Essos.

Crowning glory: Game of Thrones

One of the winger's best friends is former QPR winger Tom Hitchcock - son of ex-Chelsea and QPR goalkeeper coach, Kevin.

They shared a flat together at Rotherham when Hitchcock junior was on loan there in 2014.

Pringle pal: ex-QPR Tom Hitchcock

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-ben-pringle-reveals-qpr-10219128?

WhiteJC

Dembele set for new deal talks at Fulham

HITC Sport understands Fulham are seeking talks with Moussa Dembele over a new deal at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are stepping up their efforts to secure forward Moussa Dembele on a new contract with the player's current deal due to expire next summer.

French youngster Dembele is highly-regarded at Fulham and he was a reported target for Everton during the summer, according to the Daily Mail.

However, Fulham managed to keep hold of Dembele and the 19-year-old has established himself as a regular in Kit Symons' side this season.

Dembele made 15 appearances last season, but the powerful forward has already made 12 appearances so far this season and chipped in with three goals.

Fulham are aware that clubs are monitoring Dembele's situation in West London and are hoping to land him on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season.

As a result Fulham are seeking urgent talks with Dembele as they look to ward off rivals by tying down the striker to a new long-term deal.

Dembele, who has represented France at every age level from Under-16 to Under-20, has scored five goals in 30 appearances for Fulham since joining from Paris Saint Germain in 2012.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/08/dembele-set-for-new-deal-talks-at-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Fulham striker set for contract talks after impressive start to the season

Fulham are set to approach young striker Moussa Dembele about a new contract as they look to tie down the 19-year-old amid interest from the Premier League, reports HITC.

The French youth international has been impressive for Kit Symons side this season, scoring three times in his 12 appearances so far this season. Matt Smith has been missing through injury and Dembele has stepped up well to as the Cottagers look to push for promotion.

Dembele's contract expires at the end of the current season so handing him a new long term deal will no doubt be near the top of Symons' priorities as the 6ft forward has already attracted interest from the Premier League, most notably Everton.

The 19-year old will be keen to test himself in the Premier League so it will be up to his manager to convince him that Fulham will be able to return to the top flight soon, if he has any hopes of keeping a player who is so highly-rated at the club.

Fulham currently sit in 13th position in the Sky Bet Championship table, and have endured a mixed start to their 2015/16 campaign, which has seen them win three times, draw three times, and lose four times.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-striker-set-for-contract-talks-after-impressive-start-to-the-season/?#cbT7QwoA6DzUWGPr.99

WhiteJC

Yeovil winger Iffy Allen attracting Premier League and Championship interest

HITC Sport understands that Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton are among those monitoring the highly-rated youngster.

Yeovil Town winger Iffy Allen is being tracked by a host of clubs, HITC Sport understands.

The 21-year-old is a product of Fulham's youth set-up but his breakthrough came at Barnet, who he opted to leave in the summer.

He agreed a deal with Yeovil and has played a handful of games, but despite not being a regular at Huish Park, his progress has caught the eye of a number of scouts.

Many clubs have likened him to the likes of Jason Puncheon, Albert Adomah and Yannick Bolasie - who all had to drop down and make progress through the ranks of the Football League before making an impact in the game.

HITC Sport understands that there are Premier League and Championship clubs who are keeping close tabs on Allen with a view to picking him up in the summer.

His first club Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton Athletic are understood to be among the second tier sides checking on him.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/08/yeovil-winger-iffy-allen-attracting-premier-league-and-champions/?

WhiteJC

Concern About Dembele`s Fulham Future

One of the stars of the season so far, for Fulham, has been Moussa Dembele.

Dembele, still just 19-years of age, has appeared in the first the twelve times this season, a stark improvement on the fifteen appearances he made during the whole of the last campaign.

However, with his contract expiring in the summer, Fulham are afraid that Dembele could go the same way as Patrick Roberts and leave Craven Cottage.

In the summer transfer window rumours, that we reported on; inferred that Dembele was on the radar of Everton Football Club.

To that effect, Fulham are keen to open talks with Dembele, who has three goals to his name already this season, about extending his stay at Craven Cottage.

It remains to be seen whether Dembele sees his immediate future at Craven Cottage or whether, just like Patrick Roberts, he`ll be tempted away by a Premier League club.

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=416569

WhiteJC

Shameful Sky Sports, Shameful!

Today Sky Sports announced which Football League matches they would be covering live in the month of December.

Just for your titillation we`ve re-produced them below (because we`re allowed to these days).

Study the list!

• Thurs 3: Reading v Queens Park Rangers (8pm)
• Fri 4: Ipswich v Middlesbrough (7.45pm)
• Fri 11: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Nottingham Forest (7.45pm)
• Sun 13: Sheffield United v Coventry City (midday)
• Tues 15: Queens Park Rangers v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
• Wed 16: Hull City v Reading (7.45pm)
• Thurs 17: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United (7.45pm)
• Fri 18: Birmingham City v Cardiff City (7.45pm)
• Sat 19: Brighton & Hove Albion v Middlesbrough (12.30pm)
• Sun 20: Walsall v Port Vale (midday)
• Sat 26: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Reading (5.15pm)
• Sun 27: Nottingham Forest v Leeds United (4.30pm)
• Mon 28: Bolton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers (12.45pm)

Have you noticed anything?

The name of our fine club appears to be missing.

Despite providing the viewing public with a performance of stunning quality when that lot from Shepherds Bush were routed, 4-0, Fulham Football Club will not feature live on the box in December.

One word sums it up for me - shameful!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=416573#ixzz3o3KGGfNX

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday to rival Fulham to the signing of tricky winger

Several clubs within the Football League are said to be monitoring the progress of highly-rated Yeovil Town winger Iffy Allen, according to HITC Sport.

Allen, 21, was a product of the Fulham youth academy but left to sign youth terms with Barnet in 2011, following his release from Craven Cottage.

In 2012, the silky winger made the breakthrough into the Bees' first-team and went onto play seven times for the club before opting not to sign a new deal in the summer.

Yeovil boss Paul Sturrock offered the youngster the chance to sign terms at Huish Park ahead of the new season and Allen jumped at the chance.

He has played four times for the Glovers so far this season and has caught the eye with his energetic style.

It is thought that Championship trio Charlton Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday and his former club Fulham are all monitoring the situation.

Allen would certainly add an element of pace and flair to whatever Championship team he joined, but his decision making is still relatively raw so he may find it hard to adapt to the Championship initially.

Yeovil Town currently sit in 22nd place in Sky Bet League Two and are seriously struggling in the depths of the fourth tier, and losing Allen would be a major blow in their hopes of escaping the dreaded drop to the National League.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-to-rival-fulham-to-the-signing-of-tricky-winger/?

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster Emerson Hyndman states desire to leave club

The American midfielder's contract is set to expire at the end of the season.

Having barely featured for Fulham so far this season, 19-year-old American Emerson Hyndman has revealed to American Soccer Now that he is looking to leave Craven Cottage.

Widely regarded as one of Fulham's top prospects, Hyndman made his professional debut for the club in last season's Championship opener against Ipswich Town, aged just 18, before earning surprise first call-up and senior international cap a few weeks later in a 1-0 win over the Czech Republic.

The playmaking midfielder who go on to make 11 total appearances for Kit Symons' side over the course of the campaign but could have featured more had he not been sidelined for several months after suffering a fractured collarbone at the 2015 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship.

Nevertheless, his performances were impressive enough to attract reported interest from Borussia Dortmund last winter [h/t Goal USA], while several more European clubs have since been added to his list of potential suitors after watching him captain the USA to the Under-20 World Cup quarter-finals in the summer [h/t MLSSoccer.com].

2014-15 Championship   Position   Team   Goals   Assists   Key Passes   Total Passes   Passing Accuracy   Touches   Dispossessed   Unsuccessful Touches   Appearances   Mins Played
Emerson Hyndman   MF   Fulham   0   0   9   415   89%   496   5   7   9   650
With only eight months left on his contract, Fulham have unsurprisingly been trying to tie him down to a new deal of late but the Texas-native has been reluctant to agree to fresh terms due to the interest in his signature and, as a result, now finds himself out of the first-team picture.

Limited to one eight-minute substitute appearance in the League Cup so far this term, the situation has left the promising American more than frustrated and he has now made it clear that he intends to seek a new challenge in 2016.

"It's a little difficult right now," Hyndman told ASN. "I've told them in the past that I think it's time for me to move on. There are clubs out there that are interested and that I am excited about, so it's difficult for me right now, and I can't see myself getting too many first-team minutes. I feel that I had a good preseason, and I thought I might get a chance, but I am really looking forward to the future more than anything.

"I am looking at all possibilities and I am not ruling anything out yet," Hyndman added. "I am keeping everything open. I think a style-of-play change would be helpful for my development at the moment. I think it would swing me forward quicker. All I want to do is play and get first-team minutes consistently."

Meanwhile, Hyndman is currently showcasing his promise at the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying Championship in the States, where his impressive performances helped the US Under-23s claim maximum points in the group stages to get within one win of sealing their place at Rio 2016.

Tipped to be future regular at the senior level, former Fulham boss Felix Magath compared his advanced passing skills to those of Andrea Pirlo last season, while USA head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has also sung his praises on several occasions.

"Emerson is phenomenal," he told the Telegraph last November. "This kid came to our first game after the World Cup, and in our first training session he played like he was always with us.

"He's barely 18. I said to my coach: 'Are you seeing what I'm seeing?' Everyone was like 'woah'."

It is certainly not surprising that so many clubs are reportedly seeking his signature given that kind of praise and, for Fulham, the prospect of losing a talent of his potential must be devastating.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/08/emerson-hyndman-states-desire-to-leave-fulham/?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 09, 2015, 08:15:25 AM

Today Sky Sports announced which Football League matches they would be covering live in the month of December.

Just for your titillation we`ve re-produced them below (because we`re allowed to these days).

Study the list!

Despite providing the viewing public with a performance of stunning quality when that lot from Shepherds Bush were routed, 4-0, Fulham Football Club will not feature live on the box in December.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=416573#ixzz3o3KGGfNX

That's fine by me !!!

I know the demands of TV regards kick off times and dates are unstoppable but for those of us who have to plan a long train journey to each home game, the more matches in the traditional Saturday at 3 pm slot the better.

General

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 09, 2015, 09:35:35 AM

Study the list!

That's fine by me !!!

I know the demands of TV regards kick off times and dates are unstoppable but for those of us who have to plan a long train journey to each home game, the more matches in the traditional Saturday at 3 pm slot the better.

I'm also of the impression that we may just not pull in the viewing figures they need to sustain their business. - especially for a london derby in the championship which both clubs supporters could easily make (being a couple of miles from one another)

Horsfield_No9

It works on a rotation and we just had 3 games on TV in a month.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Neil D

Study the list!

Confirms my decision to cancel Sky Sports was the right one.

MJG

It's well known at Sky that we tend to get very low figures on TV when playing.