News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-bored with the weekend ahead.

Started by bog, October 09, 2015, 01:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I cannot be the only one who is already bored with the weekend ahead?  :016: Club football ahead of  internationals for me every time.

Thank you and good night.   092.gif   

Texas White

Nothing like watching Fulham, however unpredictable we are.

Burt

Got the inlaws down so no footie is a bit of a disaster  :022:

filham

This week end we can watch a winning England team in two matches, would you be prepared to forsake this for a single game watching our unpredictable Fulham side.

I would choose Fulham every time and am annoyed how much these international breaks interfere with the league programme.

cmg

Yes, I'd have to say I find these international breaks, although I remain a supporter of our national teams, annoying and intrusive.

Fairly meaningless football and rugby fixtures still provide a bit of interest for me...but there is something better.
Ever since my first visit to Canada and the extreme cold of Exhibition Park in the mid 80s I have considered myself a Toronto Blue Jays fan (baseball). This year I have had the most unusual experience for a Fulham fan of following a team who actually won something (AL East). As I write I'm watching them play Texas Rangers in the AL Divisional Series although these days they are snug and warm in the incredible Rogers Centre with its giant retractable roof.
I guess there are some on here who are hoping for a different result to me.

LBNo11

...well how about supporting non-league clubs? It's Non-League Day tomorrow, why not go and spend some cash on clubs that desperately need it - check out the web-site for details:-

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

If you don't know what clubs are close to you type in your postcode and hey-presto:-

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

I have been going to these for years. imagine, a short journey to watch football, on a Saturday - at 3PM, you can drink on a terrace (unless it's an FA Cup game), if you smoke you can do so as well, the food is not overpriced microwaved cardboard, the drink is reasonable, and these clubs need every penny to survive!

Treat yourselves - and them, by turning up - like me you may be pleasantly surprised at how much you enjoy the experience. I will be going to watch Hampton FC aka The Beavers (yep heard it all before) give it a try...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Neil D

Tomorrow is non-League day and the third qualifying round of the FAC.  You could always support one of these...
Oops just noticed the previous post. What he said.

bog

I was so bored after 20mins I could not believe I ever would be watching England and turned over to another channel. The second half I turned back just as we scored the second goal. I found the prog on BBC 4 about the early days of being in a pop group far more entertaining. Rather worrying aye wot.

Thank you and good night

092.gif 

grandad

I feel sorry for the people actually at Wembley. Paying a fortune to see that dross.At least I was able to cat nap & then switch off.
Where there's a will there's a wife