watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Eye Steve Bruce

Started by bucksfulham, October 11, 2015, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksfulham

According to a report in The Sun, Fulham will target Hull City boss Steve Bruce if current manager Kit Symons doesn't post a considerable improvement.

Fulham have experienced a frustrating start to their Championship campaign, with the team bereft of consistency as they seemingly follow up every impressive victory with defeat.

The club's hierarchy are growing impatient with Symons, and without a considerable improvement reports in The Sun suggest they will seek Hull City's Steve Bruce to take over in his place.

"Fulham will move for Steve Bruce in the next few weeks if boss Kit Symons does not get the club climbing the table," the report states.

Potential step in the right direction?

Since dropping down to the Championship, Fulham haven't been shy in splashing the cash and it was in fact their deal to sign Ross McCormack which prompted an increase in transfer fees across the board.

After a disastrous spell under Felix Magath, Symons has steadied the ship but there seems little signs of the club really pushing for the playoffs – an evident target set by those in power.

For every impressive 4-0 defeat over decent opposition such as Queens Park Rangers, a damaging defeat has ensued and such inconsistent form is damaging for morale.

The report states that Bruce has been identified as an ideal replacement and it's easy to see why, considering the job he has done at Hull City and Wigan Athletic previously,

The Tigers are in a good position to make an immediate return to the Premier League, so it is hard to see him walking away from his job at the KC even if the money is right.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/10/tt-report-fulham-eye-hull-city-boss-as-potential-kit-symons-repl/?

MJG

I'd rather Lambert than Bruce who I don't rate at all.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

H4usuallysitting

Can't we have Bruce Wayne instead

colinwhite

Snibbo

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 11, 2015, 09:54:05 AM
More likely Bruce Forsyth. I can see the post match interview "Didn't they do well".

Blanco

I like Steve Bruce. Would be happy with either him or Lambert.

filham

A point at Boro followed by back to back home wins and Kit will be OK until Christmas.

gerrys

Quote from: Snibbo on October 11, 2015, 10:01:37 AM
More likely Bruce Forsyth. I can see the post match interview "Didn't they do well".
reminds me of Tommy "you've never had it so lucky" Trinder.......now he really put Fulham on the map  :005:

Berserker

I doubt Steve Bruce will come to Fulham as things are currently at Hull. I'm not surprised though Fulham are looking at alternatives to Kit just in case things go pear shape at Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Snibbo

Quote from: gerrys on October 11, 2015, 10:26:01 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on October 11, 2015, 10:01:37 AM
reminds me of Tommy "you've never had it so lucky" Trinder.......now he really put Fulham on the map  :005:
Tommy Cooper would do a good post losing match analysis" "Not like that ..."

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on October 11, 2015, 09:38:21 AM
I'd rather Lambert than Bruce who I don't rate at all.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Has been promoted to the premier league three times and generally done a solid job everywhere. Lambert did a great with Norwich but my Villa STH mate said theywere dismal under him

Jem

Probably no more than a shot across Symons bow.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Nero

I'm just glad there is news of the board aren't happy with Kits performance as manager

Wimbledon_White

Typical international break journalism; nonsense in order to create a few clicks on the website. And we fall for it every time.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Nero on October 11, 2015, 11:53:12 AM
Im just gald there is news of the broad aren't happy with Kits performance as manager

Is that Stuart Broad........no I'm still happy with Bruce Wayne

Nero

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 11, 2015, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: Nero on October 11, 2015, 11:53:12 AM
Im just gald there is news of the broad aren't happy with Kits performance as manager

Is that Stuart Broad........no I'm still happy with Bruce Wayne

phew at least you didn't pick up on i spelt glad wrong my distraction tactic worked

H4usuallysitting

I even googled gald to try and find a sportsperson.....but settled on Chris Broad

Wearethewhites

No smoke without fire. This is the 3rd time now isn't it? It was no secret that Bruce was the 5 man panels main guy, but his contract at Hull was the stumbling block. Would be a good appointment in my eyes, especially for what we need to achieve first and that's getting out the Championship. We can worry at the Premiership when we get there. 

f321ffc

Quote from: filham on October 11, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
A point at Boro followed by back to back home wins and Kit will be OK until Christmas.
Thats very optimistic, ill have whatever  your on. 082.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Logicalman

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 11, 2015, 01:22:30 PM
No smoke without fire. This is the 3rd time now isn't it? It was no secret that Bruce was the 5 man panels main guy, but his contract at Hull was the stumbling block. Would be a good appointment in my eyes, especially for what we need to achieve first and that's getting out the Championship. We can worry at the Premiership when we get there. 

So could this not be the Sun just bringing up old stuff to make a new story? Not exactly one of the most exalted sources of accurate info, is it?

Then again, I would contend with your last assertion (as bolded above) regarding worrying about the Prem when we get there, as this is just a recipe for disaster, and failing to plan a long-term return to the top flight. We need a team in place that can gain promotion and hold the fort for at least the first season without having to replace the squad wholesale in summer just after promotion.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.