https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Eye Steve Bruce

Started by bucksfulham, October 11, 2015, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Logicalman on October 11, 2015, 02:22:38 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 11, 2015, 01:22:30 PM
No smoke without fire. This is the 3rd time now isn't it? It was no secret that Bruce was the 5 man panels main guy, but his contract at Hull was the stumbling block. Would be a good appointment in my eyes, especially for what we need to achieve first and that's getting out the Championship. We can worry at the Premiership when we get there.

So could this not be the Sun just bringing up old stuff to make a new story? Not exactly one of the most exalted sources of accurate info, is it?

Then again, I would contend with your last assertion (as bolded above) regarding worrying about the Prem when we get there, as this is just a recipe for disaster, and failing to plan a long-term return to the top flight. We need a team in place that can gain promotion and hold the fort for at least the first season without having to replace the squad wholesale in summer just after promotion.

Actually think the Sun is far more reputable than a lot of other sources. Remember them breaking the Andy F5 Johnson story long before anyone else

fulham traveller

I do think kit is walking on thin ground, I think if we lost at home badly to rangers, he would of been gone, Khan showed up for that game, and when he shows up, it's usually curtains for the manager

MJG

Every team that goes up has to buy at least half a new team,  so worry about that when it happens.

Twig

Quote from: fulham traveller on October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 PM
I do think kit is walking on thin ground, I think if we lost at home badly to rangers, he would of been gone, Khan showed up for that game, and when he shows up, it's usually curtains for the manager

Pity his showing up is not a sign that he wants to support the team.

FPT

This is quite interesting really. He was fairly heavily linked at the end of last season, as was McCarthy and Warburton but we stuck with Kit.

I'm interested by Bruce, he builds pretty good teams, but seems to 'fail' a little bit for one reason or another. He gives youngsters opportunities, largely out of bigger teams but that is likely an academy 'issue,' players like Matthew Upson, James Chester, Robbie Brady, Danny Welbeck and Jordan Henderson all took their first real steps as professional footballers under Bruce. Others had already had good game time but developed further and flourished under Bruce like Lee Cattermole, Andy Robertson, Ahmed El Mohamady, Simon Mignolet, Luis Antonio Valencia and Jermain Pennant.

I read Simon Jordan's book a year or so ago, who appointed Steve Bruce as manager of Palace and he went in detail in his dismissal, a bit unprofessional sounding on Bruce's part, but then again, Jordan would picture that way? Not to say he's lying, but y'know. Anyway, he did go onto say that he feels Bruce is one of the country's best managers.

I think he's learnt and grown from his Sunderland sacking which made him look awful, as he claimed he didn't pay attention to tactics or sports science. I don't know how he does it at Hull on the sports science front, but I feel he's shown more tactical flexibility, being promoted with a 352 which covered his slow centre back, Abdoulaye Faye, and allowed Robert Koren to be creative. Do you remember Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland? Sunderland were brilliant that day, the sort of football I would want to see Fulham playing. That was Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea as well that went on to win the league.

I don't know how this would work long term, but I certainly think he could get us promoted. He's been promoted three times, though I think his Hull promotion was without his two starting strikers for the majority of the season, and also the automatic promotion with the most losses in a season.

I wouldn't complain, though would fear long-term. If I were him, I'd stay at Hull and give promotion another go - he's got the players to do it.

As for Kit, he better hope for a strong October. 9 points should be the aim, 10 would be fantastic. Any less than either and we'll likely drift from the top 6 and playing catch up way too early. I expect nothing other than a dominant Middlesbrough win on Saturday.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

You lost me at "the Sun".

Why people continue to read that utter comic, beats me!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

rubbernecca

Nigel Pearson is the man.  He's hungry and built a great thing at Leicester.

Steve Bruce is a step up from Kit but I can't see him long term.

Wearethewhites

No smoke without fire. This is the 3rd time now isn't it? It was no secret that Bruce was the 5 man panels main guy, but his contract at Hull was the stumbling block. Would be a good appointment in my eyes, especially for what we need to achieve first and that's getting out the Championship. We can worry at the Premiership when we get there.

So could this not be the Sun just bringing up old stuff to make a new story? Not exactly one of the most exalted sources of accurate info, is it?

Then again, I would contend with your last assertion (as bolded above) regarding worrying about the Prem when we get there, as this is just a recipe for disaster, and failing to plan a long-term return to the top flight. We need a team in place that can gain promotion and hold the fort for at least the first season without having to replace the squad wholesale in summer just after promotion.

The Sun or not, the owner isn't stupid, and if Kit doesn't start to deliver results, then he will start looking for a guy who can (might already be). Pretty sure he never bought FFC for the money he did just to let them wallow around in the Championship.

In regards to worrying about the Premiership, I meant manager wise. Bruce will get you out this Division, that I'm certain, and he'll prob keep you up for a couple of season. If Kahn feels that we need to push on, like Southampton for example, we can worry about that then.

As stated above, all teams that go up invest in half a new team anyway. All this 'building for the Premiership' can take years, and before we know it, we'll be another Blackburn, Ipswich of the Championship.

Logicalman

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 11, 2015, 07:37:35 PM

The Sun or not, the owner isn't stupid, and if Kit doesn't start to deliver results, then he will start looking for a guy who can (might already be). Pretty sure he never bought FFC for the money he did just to let them wallow around in the Championship.

In regards to worrying about the Premiership, I meant manager wise. Bruce will get you out this Division, that I'm certain, and he'll prob keep you up for a couple of season. If Kahn feels that we need to push on, like Southampton for example, we can worry about that then.

As stated above, all teams that go up invest in half a new team anyway. All this 'building for the Premiership' can take years, and before we know it, we'll be another Blackburn, Ipswich of the Championship.

To put my cards on the table, I think Bruce is a good manager, always liked him, and believe he has the passion, very similar to Pardew in the way he handles himself, and overall a good guy. Both those two seem to get the best out of players, even if/when they appear to have lost the dressing room somewhat.

I do now see your point reading the 'worrying about the prem' now, and can agree with that, if Kit were to get us back into the Prem, I cannot with any heart, say that he is a Premiership manager, he still has far too long to go for that.

If I had a choice of managers now, following Pardew, my next choice would be Cookie. Like Kit, he does bleed Fulham, but unlike Kit, he has been elsewhere, suffered both loss and gained success, and has the experience now to take control of a club going places, and by that I mean in an upwards direction!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Logicalman on October 11, 2015, 07:50:35 PM

To put my cards on the table, I think Bruce is a good manager, always liked him, and believe he has the passion, very similar to Pardew in the way he handles himself, and overall a good guy. Both those two seem to get the best out of players, even if/when they appear to have lost the dressing room somewhat.

I do now see your point reading the 'worrying about the prem' now, and can agree with that, if Kit were to get us back into the Prem, I cannot with any heart, say that he is a Premiership manager, he still has far too long to go for that.

If I had a choice of managers now, following Pardew, my next choice would be Cookie. Like Kit, he does bleed Fulham, but unlike Kit, he has been elsewhere, suffered both loss and gained success, and has the experience now to take control of a club going places, and by that I mean in an upwards direction!

My choice would have been Pardew, but that boat sailed ages ago, still kicking myself now that we didn't pursue him.

Anyway, as a fan, I get this feeling that other fans just want Fulham to be Fulham, and would be happy for us to rattle around the Championship, win a few games, and have done with it.

I've nothing against Kit personally, he's a good a Fulham man, part of our most successful history, but I want my Club back up mixing it with the elite, and I don't believe he can deliver that.   

Buffalo76

Quote from: rubbernecca on October 11, 2015, 07:31:31 PM
Nigel Pearson is the man.  He's hungry and built a great thing at Leicester.

Steve Bruce is a step up from Kit but I can't see him long term.

I'll happily settle for either. Just got no confidence in Kit. We'll never get back to the Premier League with him.

MJG

Nigel Pearson is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Press don't like him and I just don't think he's a fit for our club.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Berserker on October 11, 2015, 10:44:46 AM
I doubt Steve Bruce will come to Fulham as things are currently at Hull. I'm not surprised though Fulham are looking at alternatives to Kit just in case things go pear shape at Fulham
just in case things go pear shape"
094.gif

Have you not been watching Berserker?

Bring back the good times...
Tigana or Even King Kev

rubbernecca

Quote from: MJG on October 11, 2015, 09:15:03 PM
Nigel Pearson is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Press don't like him and I just don't think he's a fit for our club.

I've learned a great deal from your posts and financial analysis, MJG, but I have to disagree on this point. PR doesn't win matches. But yes, he might not be a good fit, hard to tell.

RaySmith

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 11, 2015, 07:58:11 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 11, 2015, 07:50:35 PM

My choice would have been Pardew, but that boat sailed ages ago, still kicking myself now that we didn't pursue him.

Anyway, as a fan, I get this feeling that other fans just want Fulham to be Fulham, and would be happy for us to rattle around the Championship, win a few games, and have done with it.

I've nothing against Kit personally, he's a good a Fulham man, part of our most successful history, but I want my Club back up mixing it with the elite, and I don't believe he can deliver that.   

I think all fans wan  the club to be as  successful as possible -that is the nature of being a fan - a supporter, rather than just a casual spectator who enjoys watching a football match.

I remember praying to God for Fulham to win things when I first started following Fulham.

Just because some are cautious about sacking the manager whenever there is  string of poor results, doesn't mean fans lack ambition - they are maybe more realistic and honest in their ambitions, compared to someone who talks a good talk -'get this man, or that, spend loads of money - what's wrong with the club?', when the only person with the money needed is the owner, who we rely on to keep going, and he'll presumably spend his money as he sees fit.

Talk is easy - anyone can say 'sack the manager, get this feller in' , then not far down the line, after the inevitable run of not so brilliant results , it's 'sack him' - and so it goes on.

Some fans think that it might be good if there could be some continuity at the club - trying to build something, and it's hard for this to happen if you have the upheaval of the manager sacked and a new man in, every six months are so.

But, of course, football is results driven, and Kit will ultimately be sacked if he doesn't deliver -that's reality, but some think that sacking the manager isn't always the immediate answer - clubs that very frequently sack their managers, as Fulham have in recent years don't tend to do that well.

HatterDon

when will you guys stop taking The Sun seriously? I don't believe a word they print -- including "and" and "the"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

..FOF..

This is the kind of actions we wanted....

A review early in the season and not wait till mid-season.

Gives a wake-up call to the current backroom staff and if there is a change, ample time for the new coach to assess the team and repair any leaks during the next transfer window.

westcliff white

If they look to make a change Bruce would not be my first choice but also don't think he would be a disaster, Pearson would be a hard sell to anyone i think, did OK at Leicester in the champ but struggled till the last 8 games or so in the prem.

I said Hoddle a year or so ago after Mcgath and I will still chuck his name in the ring, other than him Paul Lambert strikes me as a decent type for us as well.

Every day is a Fulham day

leonffc

I'm not a great fan of the Sun but for those that claim that EVERYTHING written in it (and spoken in Talksport) is utter made up rubbish and they get nothing right, what news sources do you swear by? I'm keen to find these 100% correct media outlets

Logicalman

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 11, 2015, 02:59:25 PM

Actually think the Sun is far more reputable than a lot of other sources. Remember them breaking the Andy F5 Johnson story long before anyone else

Good point, but then again, a broken clock is right twice a day!  Though some might also apply that to the results we have been getting recently as well!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.