https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene Meulensteen

Started by mike_corkcity12, October 11, 2015, 12:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on October 12, 2015, 08:32:58 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on October 12, 2015, 08:22:37 AM
He's not a con artist of a manager. He needed to have confidence to do his own thing. Thought we'd started to play well under him. Wilkins and Curbishley were the problems. Too many chiefs and all that...
Here we go again, how do you know Wilkins and Curbishley were the problem, have you been told, were you there, or just assuming that is the case?

I would then ask the questions:
1. What were their roles in the club?
2. Does the timing of their arrival indicate any impact on the team selection/tactics?

The latter could well be coincidence, but the former should provide more of an insight into how much influence they did have on Rene, and whether it was at the clubs discretion or not.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFCSteve

I also thought we started to play better when Rene first took charge.
And yes it went pear shaped when Curbishley appeared!
Coincidence, I don't personally think so. Curbishley was a former manager, with years of experience. Does anyone really think he had no influence? As I'm sure he does now!
How can anyone form an opinion on how good or bad a manager Rene is, with the short period he had in overall charge!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Nick Bateman

I would take him back in an instant instead of our Kit.  Fulham played the BEST football under Meulensteen I've seen in years and as was earlier stated lsitened too much to the negative influences of Wilkins & Curbs.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alfie

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on October 12, 2015, 09:38:29 AM
How do you know they WEREN'T the problem? Have you been told otherwise?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Ok read my comment, where in that did I say they weren't to blame, your the one who stated "Wilkins and Curbishley were the problems" I was just asking how you know that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Max Headroom

We didn't give him long enough to judge......

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: alfie on October 12, 2015, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on October 12, 2015, 09:38:29 AM
How do you know they WEREN'T the problem? Have you been told otherwise?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Ok read my comment, where in that did I say they weren't to blame, your the one who stated "Wilkins and Curbishley were the problems" I was just asking how you know that.

And I am simply asking how you know that they weren't?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

New Kid on the Block

I agree with Nick Bateman, we had started to play exciting counter-attacking football under Rene. The match against the in-form Liverpool at the Cottage, saw them rattled, particularly in the first half. That was with an ageing squad, as well. Imagine what he could be achieving with the squad we have now. As soon as Wilkins came on board, we played the ball sideways and backwards, almost the entire match.

I'm still puzzled as to why he was given the least time to turn things around, from the last four managers we've had. I think he at least deserved the same amount of time as Penfold had, and Kit has been blessed with.