watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Cars

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, October 14, 2015, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

A 2003 Beemer 320 diesel model with 80,000 miles with an asking price of 4,000 pounds?   Let's see, at $1.55 to 1 pound, that would be $6,200.  That would be a good price in North America with that mileage.  Looks clean.  Those models have a very good record for lasting engineering, low warranty administration reports, few Things Gone Wrong incidents.  Parts are very expensive, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker all else being positive.  Drivers of those vehicles also tend to take care of them, not abuse them, keep them out of the elements overnight, and routinely maintained.  Yeah, I think that one's a good deal.  Let us know what you end up getting.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I must say, that is an extremely nice looking Merc. Has tempted me. But sadly, at that price, it'll be gone before I can buy!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

New Kid on the Block

Are you selling the Merc, Tommy?

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 14, 2015, 10:24:34 AM
I've heard those VW's are good cars...well built and superb emission levels
And they have recently become popular with the North American Indians, useful machines for sending smoke signals

jarv

VW...I have owned several, outstanding cars, even pre emission testing days. They run on forever. Besides, it was a coup by other manufacturers because VW was hurting them all. GM in danger again because they cant get anywhere near VW sales.

However, my next car, mind already made up, a Subaru. Great in the snow which is needed here in New England. Any comments on Subarus welcome please.

FFCBerks

Quote from: Airfix on October 15, 2015, 04:57:13 PM
Quote from: FFCBerks on October 15, 2015, 04:29:17 PM
I can highly recommend an Alfa Romeo 159 - absolute stunner of a car with performance to match. Roomy, sporty and a genuine head-turner with its sunken headlight cluster. A dream to drive. £4k will get a '59 plate Lusso with all the extras if you shop around. I replaced mine with another Italian beauty (well, partly) the Ford Focus CC-3. It has a Pininfarina roof...!

And you know what Alfa stands for, don't you?

A
Loada
F***ing
Aggro

Agreed, it can be a love/hate affair! But it proved more reliable than a colleague's 1 series BMW which was returned as 'not fit for purpose' after a load of aggro AND another colleague's brand new 3 series which spent the first 8 weeks of it's life back with the dealership owing to a series of electrical faults! I had to laugh... I won't go into detail about another colleague's beautiful new Jag that virtually exploded when the turbo failed. He now drives a Porsche. All in all, none of these 'big brands' are as reliable as their reputations would have you believe. That's why I went for the Focus CC3 - it's 98% standard Ford Focus, so the parts are relatively cheap to get hold of and anyone can fix them. Apart for the Pininfarina-designed roof, which almost no Ford dealer is able to handle! I just hope the winter is kind again this year...

Forever Fulham

Quote from: jarv on October 16, 2015, 01:20:27 PM
VW...I have owned several, outstanding cars, even pre emission testing days. They run on forever. Besides, it was a coup by other manufacturers because VW was hurting them all. GM in danger again because they cant get anywhere near VW sales.

However, my next car, mind already made up, a Subaru. Great in the snow which is needed here in New England. Any comments on Subarus welcome please.

Get a Subaru Forester.  Good mix of affordability, AWD performance, and reliability.

tommy

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 16, 2015, 11:42:54 AM
Are you selling the Merc, Tommy?
no just found it on auto trader and think they are very good cars for the money. I'm a big merc fan. I drive a C63 AMG.