watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading

Started by Wearethewhites, October 03, 2015, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Can see them going up under Clarke. Well organised, good football, defensively sound, and now scoring goals. Invest in an experienced manager, and that's what you can get.

FPT

Steve Clarke is proving why I had him as one of the men on my post-Magath list. Reading are structurally solid but have added goals, aided by the strong form of Nick Blackman. It's also good to see a manager frequently maligned for a defensive style showing that "defensive" doesn't always equal boring so to speak, as Reading have conceded the joint least amount of goals and scored the joint third most.

The Old Count

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 03, 2015, 05:44:57 PM
Can see them going up under Clarke. Well organised, good football, defensively sound, and now scoring goals. Invest in an experienced manager, and that's what you can get.
You could say the same about Hughton, Rowett, Clement and yes, even Pardew. All managers we could and should have had instead of our present manager.  Hindsight is easy I know but not addressing one's errors is stupidity.

HV71

According to some on this forum ( last season ) he is a dirty manager and someone we should not even begin to entertain as a leader of our precious team. We prefer a dogmatic approach with little experience - so much better... Remember he is " one of our own " and therefore very precious.

Nero

Quote from: The Old Count on October 03, 2015, 08:05:21 PM
You could say the same about Hughton, Rowett, Clement and yes, even Pardew. All managers we could and should have had instead of our present manager.  Hindsight is easy I know but not addressing one's errors is stupidity.

I think the only manager we were Linked with below us now is lennon

Asotosyios

I can't sleep and a bit bored, so I was looking at some (very) old posts. I am copying the below from one of them:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=42779.0

Boa 40/1 for next manager !!
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »

Early odds from Sky for next permanent manager
Some worrying contenders here !

Next Permanent Fulham Manager

Kit Symons 4/1
Alan Pardew 9/2
Chris Hughton 5/1
Tony Pulis 6/1
Neil Lennon 6/1
Tim Sherwood 8/1
Steve Clarke 10/1
Alan Curbishley 12/1
David Moyes 14/1
Roberto Di Matteo 16/1
Paul Ince 20/1
Eddie Howe 22/1
Ray Wilkins 25/1
Brian McDermott 25/1
Bob Bradley 25/1
Owen Coyle 33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 33/1
Luis Boa Morte 40/1
Nicky Butt 40/1
Malky Mackay 50/1
Terry Connor 50/1

Who do we think that should have been our choice if not Kit? I liked Hughton and Clarke at the time and was tempted by McDermott.

HatterDon

Jesus, does every single thread on this site have to be a way to say "Kit out?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Not 100% of threads
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

It's easy to generalize.

We did invest in experienced managers (Jol, McGath) and we didn't get any of that.

hovewhite

this whole thing that every thread leads to kit,boring!

Funky Fulham Dave

Kit Boys we are here, hold lengthy conversations with your women folk and quaff your delicious fruity beer.

P&L xxx
049:gif

Bronaldinho

Don't think they will last the full season.

Probably fade off after Christmas in all honesty. Key players are just going through a good patch for them, much stronger squads in this division.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com