more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To go to Boro with a view not to concede

Started by BedsFFC, October 17, 2015, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

it was an excellent away point
but we now have 13 points from 11 games... now I know there are a few people that like to mess about with stats and projections... so I did a little arithmetic and it woud seem that after nearly 1/4 of the season we are on course for 54 points. If we would have beaten charlton, as we should have done we would have had 15 points and we would have been on course for 62.

How long does it take for a team to gel?
When we first got Jol I recall we had similar discussions about his first season being a period of transition, the second we needed new players to gel and only in the third was there nobody brave enough to speak up for the indefensible.

I would have thought the team should be firing on all cylinders by now, I think this is probably as good as they can be, it's mid october and we are celebrating a clean sheet!

Ho hum

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

and, for a change, we didn't concede a load of chances to the opposition
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Quote from: nose on October 19, 2015, 02:55:22 PM
it was an excellent away point
but we now have 13 points from 11 games... now I know there are a few people that like to mess about with stats and projections... so I did a little arithmetic and it woud seem that after nearly 1/4 of the season we are on course for 54 points. If we would have beaten charlton, as we should have done we would have had 15 points and we would have been on course for 62.

How long does it take for a team to gel?
When we first got Jol I recall we had similar discussions about his first season being a period of transition, the second we needed new players to gel and only in the third was there nobody brave enough to speak up for the indefensible.

I would have thought the team should be firing on all cylinders by now, I think this is probably as good as they can be, it's mid october and we are celebrating a clean sheet!

Ho hum

You can ponder this...

League Tables hardly change....After 11 games last season only two teams 12th or above were not in the top half of the table at the end.

6 of the top 8 were still in the top 8 at the end

4 of the top 6 were still in the top 6 at the end

2 of the top 3 were still in the top 3 at the end

Bournemouth in their last 35 games got 75 pts.
If they had started the first 11 games like that they would have had 24 pts and been clear at the top of the table by 3 pts.

to get to my target of 73 we need 60 pts at 1.71 pts per game. Can we be the 4/5 best form team for the rest of the season?

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 19, 2015, 03:30:18 PM
and, for a change, we didn't concede a load of chances to the opposition
Hmmm

we allowed 18 shots at us (Boro average 12 per game) We allow just under 15 on average.
We allowed 6 on target (Boro average less than 5 per game)