News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham were time wasting from the first second..

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 17, 2015, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Quote from: Arthur on October 17, 2015, 07:20:03 PM
Time-wasting appears to have helped us today, but I don't like to see it used as blatantly as it seems we did.

I also think that for every result such as this, there are an equal number of games such as Charlton whereby the tactic backfires.

From what I've seen, we weren't "time wasting" for much of the game, just, sensibly, keeping the game's tempo low to neutralise Middlesborough's crowd and style of play. If you want to consistently pick up points, this is what you have to do every now and then.

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on October 18, 2015, 04:44:49 PM
I'll say it again... It was only last 15 where we doing this to any real effect
Agree. I was there too and I thought we played well throughout and the team deserves credit. When Boro began to up the tempo and bring on extra strikers trying to win the game, then we did everything we could to slow them down and stop  their momentum. And if Ross could have scored at the end, it would have been a classic away performance.

As others have said, we could possibly have had more of a go at them towards the end. But given what happened at Charlton, you could tell that Kit was after a clean sheet first, and a sneaky win second. In fairness, I think that's how we need to approach most away games until our confidence begins to increase.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HatterDon

re the article -- rubbish. The match was evenly balanced for the most part. And is there a team in the professional realm that doesn't try to protect a point away from home against a top club?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel