watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Local sport / life on the rock and magic cricket

Started by tjl, August 10, 2010, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjl

Hi to you all yes i am still around, life on the rock is much the same and as i've not posted for some time i thought an up date was in order, we have had all the usual events  sheep racing, Lords taverners cricket Sunday and even a weekend of music mostly local bands with our own " big Sheep" and others  from Jersey and Guernsey this was a great success with over 500 fans staying on the island for the weekend and another event is planned for next year. Local sport has been a bit under par this summer with only a single win for both our cricket and football teams. I have spent a great deal of time this summer on the sick list nothing bad i just need a new knee it's a bast**d when they go, but as the Dr said if you spend 45 years running over roofs and kneeling putting down floors you must expect some ware and tear the idiot how else do i earn a living? well it's a new  knee for me for Christmas. So having spent a few months resting up watching the events of the past weeks and finding nothing to add to the posts on this site, by time i thought of something it was posted. that brings me to my last thought what about ENGLISH cricket it's made my summer, HD you only beat whats in front of you and we do keep doing it.
Bring on the convicts.

FatFreddysCat

More importantly, whats the best food over there? Have you got your own traditional dish? To be honest, cricket is a bit crap isn't it?

HatterDon

tjl, as the proud owner of TWO three-year-old titanium knees, I can give you a passel of advice and anecdotes. If you're interested, send me a pm and we can chat.

Meantime, I will be rooting for England over the Aussies. They do look pretty much unbeatable at the moment. I wasn't actually talking them down on the other side of this site -- although folks thought I was. It just seems typical of sport that if Pakistan humiliate Australia and then England humiliate Pakistan, it's only natural that Australia stick it to England. It's not what I want to see, but it is dramatic irony in action.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

The one thing you can be certain of in cricket is, it'll rain,obviously that means the posh boys that play it will run back to the pavillion and get sunk to the nuts up each other. Come on , rain stops play? what a bunch of faggots  :046: .

finnster01

So what is wrong with that? I always run into a pavillion (if I can) if it rains and I don't play cricket or pocket tennis.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on August 13, 2010, 10:27:47 PM
So what is wrong with that? I always run into a pavillion (if I can) if it rains and I don't play cricket or pocket tennis.
Pocket pool is better for you finnster.  :dft012:
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

geez, guys, can we have ONE thread about cricket? I mean ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel