watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shad on sky coming up

Started by westcliff white, October 22, 2015, 06:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy

Anyone on here in the group of fans he spoke with or have any knowledge of what feedback they gave?

Ordar

Sounds to me like Kit's on his way out. Certainly not even a vote of confidence

H4usuallysitting

From Kit's interview the other day - we are now around 6/8 points behind where we are supposed to be - so I can only assume that we must win on Saturday or it's curtains...... Bob Bradley anyone?

bill taylors apprentice

Forever Fulham

If there's a manager that can get 11 men to over-achieve against hard odds and improve over time, it's Bob Bradley.  But I don't see an American manager as culturally acceptable now or in the near future.  Just my honest opinion. 

f321ffc

Quote from: Riversider on October 22, 2015, 08:16:14 PM
You know what,and it pains me to say this, as a supporter of 45 years and a holder of 3 season tickets,but I'm going to say it anyway,we might as well lose to Reading on Saturday and in doing so put Symons and us supporters out of our misery and suffering,
The worst possible thing for our long term future would surely be a flakey one nil win, Khan would return to Florida and we'd go on another run of 3 or 4 games with out a win,
S Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.o hopefully its a Reading win and the God awful reign of Kit Symons will come to an end !
It's been made to feel worse for me as I didn't want him as manager in the first place and said so on here, I didn't buy in to the "It must be a Fulham Man " nonsense.
Breaks my heart to even suggest wanting Fulham to lose, but that's made up by the fact that 48 hours from now Symons could be gone !
Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Logicalman

Quote from: f321ffc on October 22, 2015, 08:34:03 PM
You know what,and it pains me to say this, as a supporter of 45 years and a holder of 3 season tickets,but I'm going to say it anyway,we might as well lose to Reading on Saturday and in doing so put Symons and us supporters out of our misery and suffering,
The worst possible thing for our long term future would surely be a flakey one nil win, Khan would return to Florida and we'd go on another run of 3 or 4 games with out a win,
S Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.o hopefully its a Reading win and the God awful reign of Kit Symons will come to an end !
It's been made to feel worse for me as I didn't want him as manager in the first place and said so on here, I didn't buy in to the "It must be a Fulham Man " nonsense.
Breaks my heart to even suggest wanting Fulham to lose, but that's made up by the fact that 48 hours from now Symons could be gone !
Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.

I'm in that group of 50+ years supporting Fulham, but I would never condone the losing of a match to rid us of a manager that some supporters don't like. I am reminded that we had the same thing 3 managers ago, with Jol, and since then we have gotten worse results from those managers that were apparently to be our saviours, and that includes Kit.

If someone could say, with certainty, that we would replace Kit with a manager of Roys experience and affability, then I would jump in and say replace him tomorrow, but when one cannot give such an undertaking, then when does the manager merry-go-round come to a stop? When we drop out of the leagues completely?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on October 22, 2015, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on October 22, 2015, 08:34:03 PM

I'm in that group of 50+ years supporting Fulham, but I would never condone the losing of a match to rid us of a manager that some supporters don't like. I am reminded that we had the same thing 3 managers ago, with Jol, and since then we have gotten worse results from those managers that were apparently to be our saviours, and that includes Kit.

If someone could say, with certainty, that we would replace Kit with a manager of Roys experience and affability, then I would jump in and say replace him tomorrow, but when one cannot give such an undertaking, then when does the manager merry-go-round come to a stop? When we drop out of the leagues completely?

You're not even 50 !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on October 22, 2015, 07:27:39 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 22, 2015, 07:17:28 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on October 22, 2015, 07:00:48 PM
He is the chairman of a football club in crisis , you would think sky might just ask him his thoughts on whats happening at  that club. 090.gif

We are a club that has supporters in crisis mode. We are not a club in crisis. That's pure hyperbole.

Why would Sky think that we are a club in crisis? Our midtable place? Our continued, rational spend? Our continued work toward stadium construction? The sky (no pun intended) is only falling for a few people.

All that said, it appears that Sky did recognize that we are not achieving what the chairman has required and asked about it.
How can you say that after the last three years we are not a club in crisis?

Well,

We have an owner/chairman who's super rich and investing his money into the club while abiding by the FFP rules.

We, as a club, are clearly taking a very methodical approach toward achieving our stated goals of eventual promotion to the PL. We are not overspending. We are buying the right type of player though I do not believe that job is completed.

We are in a financially stable position without significant debt.

There is every indication, short of a groundbreaking, that we will expand/upgrade Craven Cottage.

We currently sit mid-table in a league that, while 2nd tier in England, is still one of the top leagues in the world of club football. And, for the size of the club, there are a great many who'd argue that this is the league for us, that the PL is an overachievement for us.

None of this means that I am satisfied with being mid-table in the Championship. I am not. However, none of this indicates anything in the vicinity of crisis for the club.

IMHO, we still need additions to the squad. The build is not completed and should continue in January and next season, no matter which league we are playing in. IMHO, Kit has shown that he is incapable of getting this team to achieve the chairman's goal of a playoff position at the end of the season. He needs to be replaced. He won't be replaced before the Reading game but, I'd wager, the screws will start turning in earnest if the team don't get a result and look like the better team getting the result. Any more stalling the change beyond that will just put the playoffs further from reach.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Zendra

Kit himself has been saying he dreads reading  the Sunday papers at the moment so he is somewhat on edge. Its a great shame that results haven;t been better -most fans still like him personally. But with football  a manager lives or dies  by results   despite it actually  being the players fault . I'm not sure who is still out there - Big Sam is gone .  Is Klopp still avalable ?

JDH101

Wow. Having watched that interview you'd have to say Kit is dead man walking.

Lets get a 10 man panel this time to make sure we get it right.

FulhamStu

That was a massive none vote of confidence in Kit.  We need wins, we need to move up the table, he has done everything he can.  We have good players and we have resources.

He is pretty much saying Kit is not doing well enough and I would suggest once the new man has been identified and has accepted the job, Kit will be gone.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 22, 2015, 08:31:40 PM
If there's a manager that can get 11 men to over-achieve against hard odds and improve over time, it's Bob Bradley.  But I don't see an American manager as culturally acceptable now or in the near future.  Just my honest opinion. 

Personably, I don't want him. I was glad when Bradley left as coach of the American Nats. Bradley is sort of a Roy type coach.  His football was boring, almost a bunker and counter type, but well organized. He did take the US farther than anyone else had or has. He also would solve the problems we have with set pieces. That being said, just what does "culturally acceptable" mean? That sounds like some southern governor in 1960. I know there is some anti-American feeling on these boards but what this team needs is leadership and if Bradley became coach, we would have that. It's a cultural thing.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

One James stannard

After watching khans interview a fair few times I'm 99.9% sure kit is on his way out.

"He's done everything he can BUT i think we need to get more points and move up the table".

Tonywa

Not just WHAT he said, but HOW he said. Spoke volumes to me.  To quote Macbeth 'If it t'were done, t'were best it were done quickly'!

Fulham Tup North

I read into this interview the same as others. "He has done the best he can" says to me that what he has done is not good enough and by saying "the best he can" means he cannot do any better. Also using the past tense gives the impression that the decisions have been made and are just waiting to confirm a name.
COYW.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Lighthouse

Before fans become too excited about a new manager. We will have to make sure the new man can bring in a decent forward and a few pacey wingers otherwise nothing will change.

We have rebuilt the squad yet again and it still needs improving. But talk of a club in crises is several seasons out of date. We were clearly in crises three years ago. Now for the first time we are turning the tables. So less crises more slow improvement.

When did football fans become such drama queens?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Plodder

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2015, 12:27:26 AM
Before fans become too excited about a new manager. We will have to make sure the new man can bring in a decent forward and a few pacey wingers otherwise nothing will change.

We have rebuilt the squad yet again and it still needs improving. But talk of a club in crises is several seasons out of date. We were clearly in crises three years ago. Now for the first time we are turning the tables. So less crises more slow improvement.

I agree with you.  I hope you don't get mercilessly slagged off for writing that, Lighthouse.    I don't feel strongly either way about a managerial change, but some people on here seem to take it as a form of heresy if someone dares to suggest that a new appointment does not come with a cast-iron guarantee of improvement, and reading some of the comments is a disheartening experience - it has made me less inclined to post anything which is seen as contrarian to the prevailing mood.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2015, 12:27:26 AM

We could get all the wingers and strikers you want Lighthouse but under Kit we're a middling championship side. This team has shown its good enough to compete with the best in the division but were not going to find the right consistency under Kit. We can't just carry on ambling along hoping Kit will eventually come good as the parachute payments don't last forever.

valdeingruo

To address Lighthouse's question, I think Football supporters have always been like this, now instead of being on the terraces and in the pub, it is on forums like this.

The interview seems like his mind is made up, we know he isn't afraid to pull the trigger in either sport. I do think though, if Kit is relieved of his duties a massive clear out of the staff needs to happen. Moving Ali Mac and appointing Rigg seems to have helped us in player recruitment, we seem to have a plan.

It is now football culture, immediate improvement or loose your job, either as a manager or player.

To me it is a necessary evil, we need to improve dramatically or risk staying in the " Former Premier League side" category. Statisically speaking returning to the top will be very difficult after the money runs out.

We haven't always been a top division side and we are where would should be if were are to be content with our history. Its not a bad thing that our supporters want the best. Can anyone honestly blame them? 13 years of Premiership football, a few years of European football thrown in and decent progression in most cups. It will take a long time to get used to not having that.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi