watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - FC UTD Of Manchester

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 28, 2015, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

So essentially, FC UTD Of Manchester's game against Chesterfield has been selected for TV coverage. FCUM have always had a policy of keeping to the traditional 3pm on Saturday kick offs, however The FA have essentially bullied them to moving it to Monday night.

Here's the full story - http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6474

Whilst it was unsuccessful in the end, I say well done to FCUM for standing up to The FA
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Logicalman

Good on them. As you say, ultimately unsuccessful, but they have given the FA a moral bloody nose implementing their 1 pound voucher scheme for ALL supporters to keep it in line with their usual ticketing price.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

NJFulham

They just scheduled a friendly in America against FC Detroit (?) in May. Interesting.

Burt

An interesting read... On the main website their history and development is also worth a read.

Amazing what can be achieved if a community puts its mind to it.

Burt

Logicalman

Again, good on them, especially their response in how fans can experience the match day themselves by actually attending matches, or volunteering at them. We cannot usually get the BBC iPlayer stuff outside the UK so easily, so who does the BBC believe is it's intended audience?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wolf

If they find the prospect of changing kick-off in order to receive tv money so abhorrent perhaps they shouldn't have entered the competition.

The tv money in rounds one and two is a big deal to participating clubs. There are plenty who could have done with being televised rather than the tediously predictable choice of FC United (and even more tediously predictable AFC Wimbledon in previous seasons).
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

nose

football sold out and unfortunately if you want to play with the big boys you have to abide by the rules

i am not saying I agree or disagree but you only have to look at FIFA and UEFA to see their senior officials are discredited and 'make mistakes' that the rest of us would sit in prison for. Football is rotten to the core and has been for more years than the media, who are a big part of the problem, have bothered reporting upon.

CVhanging the KO time to enable already wealthy tv broadcasters to earn even more no matter what the inconvenience to the rest of us that actually turn up week in week out, as long as the money roles in to the pockets of these organisations senior executives.

The vast sums earned do not filter down I can assure you, there are one or two publicised programmes that may look good but by and large the wealth stays with the big shots... if the media did its job properly it would do more than go afterm a few FIFA  officials....

GrumpyWhite

Well done FCUM - pathetic decision by the FA

Neil D

Quote from: Wolf on October 28, 2015, 02:30:14 PM
If they find the prospect of changing kick-off in order to receive tv money so abhorrent perhaps they shouldn't have entered the competition.

The tv money in rounds one and two is a big deal to participating clubs. There are plenty who could have done with being televised rather than the tediously predictable choice of FC United (and even more tediously predictable AFC Wimbledon in previous seasons).
Quite right.  My local club (Chesham Utd) would have been delighted with the extra revenue without the sanctimonious posturing.

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on October 28, 2015, 05:20:44 PM
Quote from: Wolf on October 28, 2015, 02:30:14 PM

Quite right.  My local club (Chesham Utd) would have been delighted with the extra revenue without the sanctimonious posturing.
so your both saying the point of entering the cup is to receive TV money and nothing else. Maybe we shouldn't enter this year as I doubt we will get picked for TV in any of our ties.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neil D

Salford and FCUM both live?  The media love-in with the NW and its celebrity clubs knows no bounds.

Apprentice to the Maestro

BBC Sport is now based in Salford, Manchester so that they can broadcast these matches and be home in time for tea.

Neil D

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on October 28, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
BBC Sport is now based in Salford, Manchester so that they can broadcast these matches and be home in time for tea.
Spot on - though I can't pin the FCUM fixture on the BBC as it's on BT.

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2015, 05:25:49 PM
so your both saying the point of entering the cup is to receive TV money and nothing else. Maybe we shouldn't enter this year as I doubt we will get picked for TV in any of our ties.
Each club in the 2011/12 season whose first round tie was televised received £67,500.  A huge sum for a non-league side.  The fee for this season can't be fewer than £75k per club.  Chesham United's average gate this season is about 300. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on October 28, 2015, 09:50:43 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2015, 05:25:49 PM
Each club in the 2011/12 season whose first round tie was televised received £67,500.  A huge sum for a non-league side.  The fee for this season can't be fewer than £75k per club.  Chesham United's average gate this season is about 300. 
I'll ask again, what's money got to do with it. The club itself has said they don' want to play on Monday night as it's inconvenient for there fans. If the club needed the money then they wouldn't have tried to block it. A club tries to right by its fans and is met with,you shouldnt enter the cup if you dont like the fact you may be forced to change your ko for TV.  For years we have all moaned about TV rulling the game, and a club finally stands up for their fans and they get panned for it.

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2015, 10:39:55 AM
For years we have all moaned about TV rulling the game, and a club finally stands up for their fans and they get panned for it.
They weren't seriously standing up for their fans - they were merely posturing, safe in the knowledge that the FA would make them change the KO (those are the rules) and then they could say 'Well, we tried lads' (and in the meantime where's the cheque?).  Besides, they admitted that they would have found a Sunday KO acceptable.  When I last looked, Sunday was a different day to the sacrosanct Saturday. 

aaronmcguigan

If the club don't want to play on Monday, then forfeit the match for someone who does want to play.
It is not inconveniencing anybody, it's giving everyone at the club an opportunity to further the club and get recognition for what they have done as a football club.
Why bother complaining about the kick off time when its part of the organisers right to switch times and dates which not only generates funds for the 2 clubs, money goes to the FA which is reinvested into grassroots I'm assuming.

Even if it's not about money, entering the competition or any competition is accepting the terms and conditions set down by the organiser.

As for standing up for its fans.. Does everyone in Manchester have the day off on Saturday and does everyone work Mon to Fri?
In today's society, plenty of people work crazy hours, all the hours of the day including weekends. If football was only ever played at 3pm on a Saturday, I'd never see a ball being kicked.  I wouldn't say it's necessarily doing right by its fans, I'm pretty sure people can attend on a Monday night just as well as they can on a Saturday, and their Saturday is freed up for volunteering at grassroots , helping the club. It can't give off about traditional kick off times if they've only been going a decade
As Neil has said, 99% of clubs would love to be playing on a Monday night, just to get the revenue and exposure.

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on October 29, 2015, 11:01:35 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2015, 10:39:55 AM
For years we have all moaned about TV rulling the game, and a club finally stands up for their fans and they get panned for it.
They weren't seriously standing up for their fans - they were merely posturing, safe in the knowledge that the FA would make them change the KO (those are the rules) and then they could say 'Well, we tried lads' (and in the meantime where's the cheque?).  Besides, they admitted that they would have found a Sunday KO acceptable.  When I last looked, Sunday was a different day to the sacrosanct Saturday. 
did you not read the article then? They have stated that before the season started. There fans voted on alternate days for games to be played. And that Mondays were the least viable option for there fans.