News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winning a play-off Final at Wembley statistically/historically unlikely, agree or disagree?

Started by mikestrand, October 29, 2015, 02:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

Personally feel we'll only go up automatically, if we won promotion at Wembley I think I'd keel over.
what really constitutes a promotion near miss 3rd 4th 5th place, because 7th 8th and 9th seem way off the mark of even being the lucky play off lottery winner.
Is FFP restricting our ambition to a top six place or our own lack of ambition. khan might be seriously underestimating how tough it is to get out this division whereas Al fayed's goal was to be number one not a top six lottery entry.

Fulham76

Quote from: mikestrand on October 29, 2015, 02:49:10 PM
Personally feel we'll only go up automatically, if we won promotion at Wembley I think I'd keel over.
what really constitutes a promotion near miss 3rd 4th 5th place, because 7th 8th and 9th seem way off the mark of even being the lucky play off lottery winner.
Is FFP restricting our ambition to a top six place or our own lack of ambition. khan might be seriously underestimating how tough it is to get out this division whereas Al fayed's goal was to be number one not a top six lottery entry.

Makes me laugh when people talk about us & promotion. Obviously we'd all love it to happen but looks very very unlikely.

We're pretty much a third of the way through the season & we're 11th with just 4 wins! Chances are the teams near the top at this stage will also be at the top come May & we're nowhere near it.

Blanco

Promotion should always be on the mind of the club. But, it´s more realistic to aim for promotion next season giving how the season has gone so far. This season we should aim for a solid top half finish.

mikestrand

Quote from: Blanco on October 29, 2015, 09:28:25 PM
Promotion should always be on the mind of the club. But, it´s more realistic to aim for promotion next season giving how the season has gone so far. This season we should aim for a solid top half finish.
There's a thin line between complacency and missing the boat altogether and I think were walking it.
With ffp starting to squeeze already time is of the essence.
I must add that I supported Fulham for 20 years before we got to the premier, before people start thinking entitlement.

JackyFulham90

I agree that promotion is unlikely but with the attacking quality we possess if we can tighten up at the back we will be a very dangerous team with a chance of making the top 6. We are certainly tougher to beat than last season only Wolves beat us comfortably.

Delboy

There's always a team that comes from nowhere with a late run, lets hope that it's us. With the players we have I believe we are under achieving. Maybe if they all gel we can be that late runner.

Holders

Kit knows that if he wants to keep his job we have to finish top 6 minimum. It's the decreasing value of parachute payments that worries me, the longer the rebuilding (which, don't forget, was supposed to have begun under Felix) goes on.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Delboy on October 30, 2015, 08:51:40 AM
There's always a team that comes from nowhere with a late run, lets hope that it's us. With the players we have I believe we are under achieving. Maybe if they all gel we can be that late runner.
Its a bit of a myth about a late run to the play offs, just as it is about a team dropping into relegation.

Here is a table showing the last 5 seasons and the top 6 on the 1st March (about 32-35 games) and the top 8 at the end.

Only 3 teams make into the top 8 and only 1 into the playoffs thats was not in top 8.

Out of 30 clubs in the top 6 across the 5 seasons on 1st March, 26 are still there after 46 games.

Delboy

filham

So to stand a real chance we have to be in the top 6 by 1st March, that is not impossible and if we could get to Wembley I would be thrilled to bits.