watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bristol City 0 Fulham 5

Started by win-dup, October 29, 2015, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

December 7th 1957 and I was there to see Tony Macedo make his first team debut in this match.

It was a defining moment in many ways, with the introduction of this wonderful 'keeper we went from strength to strength in the next couple of seasons, reaching the semi-final of the cup in 1958 and gaining promotion to the old first division in 1959. Happy days.

bog

Great time indeed win-dup!

092.gif

filham

Quote from: win-dup on October 29, 2015, 10:48:26 AM
December 7th 1957 and I was there to see Tony Macedo make his first team debut in this match.

It was a defining moment in many ways, with the introduction of this wonderful 'keeper we went from strength to strength in the next couple of seasons, reaching the semi-final of the cup in 1958 and gaining promotion to the old first division in 1959. Happy days.

December 7th is my birthday but just can't remember Macedo's debut probably on National Sevice in Malaya at the time but managed to get to the semi final in 1958. That was a great experience.

cmg

You know you're getting old (if you needed reminding!) when you've watched a game in which a player from each side now has a stand named after him.

Peabody

Was that when Fulham flew Tony Macedo back from Germany, when he was doing his National Service in the RAF.

Talking of which, I started mine in 1958 and still remember my number. It was 23553556

gang

These numbers stay with us for life. Mine was 24641916.

BestOfBrede

win-dup

Quote from: Peabody on October 29, 2015, 03:34:13 PM
Was that when Fulham flew Tony Macedo back from Germany, when he was doing his National Service in the RAF.

Talking of which, I started mine in 1958 and still remember my number. It was 23553556

Think your right Peabody, he had a couple of months to do before his release.  I first saw him play in a reserve match at the Cottage and he was applauded off by the opposing players.
I missed my national service by three months being born in December 1939, and in retrospect rather regret it, as all my slightly older friends grew up a lot quicker than me after being called up!!

filham

Quote from: gang on October 29, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
These numbers stay with us for life. Mine was 24641916.
Forgotten mine but you had best be careful when quoting it as it is probably an official secret nowadays.