watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Credit where it's due

Started by fulhamben, October 31, 2015, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

The players can turn it on despite kit. Only joking. Thought it was a huge gamble to change tactics and so many players after they put reading to the sword, so we'll done kit. And how nice is it to actually batter a crap team for once rather than get lucky or drop points. So we'll played whites and can they follow it up by doing the impossible mid week? Coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wimbledon_White

I agree Ben; I thought it was a massive risk and I really feared it might come back to bite him.

Burnley will be a bigger test.

Fulham1959

Well said, Ben.

Your thread title says it all, and you're big enough to admit it.

gezkc

Here here. Well done Kit and the lads.
Looks like his team's definitely starting to gel now. Onwards and upwards!

Cider country

Well played Fulham, you totally hammered us!
You've got a good side there.
Once again, well done.

Carborundum

Quote from: Cider country on October 31, 2015, 07:34:31 PM
Once again, well done.
A gracious post.  Good luck for the remainder of the season.

nose

i agree with everything here
i would add two more points
first: wel done dembele for getting five goals in three games, this is what he massively needed to do band he took both today's brilliantly. but we must not forget the first was even more down to ross and husband being magnificent in the build up setting him up so well and tunny and cairney for the second.... dembele will deservedly get the credit but those other four were equally if not more instrumental in making it possible
second: the manager's after match comments were what i want to hear... i thought he said it just right. i was unhappy with the pre match nervous timid approach...after the game he said we were brilliant but can and must be better... that is the correct style IMO so today it was a great big well done all round!

Burnley? we have to appraoch with a very positive attitude, they are not that brilliant, we can take them if we concentrate and play to our strengths! Unfortunately we haven't been very consistent so all we need to do is correct that.... the confidence from two good wins should help.

Cider country

Quote from: Carborundum on October 31, 2015, 09:26:29 PM
Once again, well done.
The same to you. I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit when we've been beaten by the better side!
You should go close this year on what I've seen so far. Far better than Burnley who are just big and physical, your lot actually play football how it should be played. The best I've seen this season by some margin.
See you in the spring at your place.
UP THE CITY.

hovewhite

Quote from: Cider country on November 01, 2015, 12:43:04 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on October 31, 2015, 09:26:29 PM
Once again, well done.

Thanks
The same to you. I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit when we've been beaten by the better side!
You should go close this year on what I've seen so far. Far better than Burnley who are just big and physical, your lot actually play football how it should be played. The best I've seen this season by some margin.
See you in the spring at your place.
UP THE CITY.
Thanks,I hope you do well results wise.I think we should play this system as it forces us to use the wide players to there maximum.

valdeingruo

Burnley will be a big test as stated above. Have we ever won there?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

bill taylors apprentice

Credit to the players for their performance yesterday!

Not sure about crediting the manager yet, his poor past efforts will need more time before I'm convinced about him.

Was this "new" formation his brain wave or was it almost forced upon him with the players available and the need in getting Cairney in a more central role and beefing up the midfield?

There were times when I didn't like the style and general performance of Roy's teams but the fact he saved us from relegation was always in the bank of good will and I could see a method in his work.

As for Symons I don't rate him and therefore he gets little credit until I see an improvement in his job.

If this is the start of something special and not just good players sorting it out for themselves, only then will I change my mind about him.     

Logicalman

Quote from: andersons11 on November 01, 2015, 09:24:35 AM
Burnley will be a big test as stated above. Have we ever won there?

A couple of draws over the last few decades but the last win was 1951.

Good points Cider, with Burnley being a physical side it will be a big test for the lads, we have not tended to do so well when bullied, perhaps its a call for some of the 'old school' players to be readied. Dembele might find himself the target of some rough challenges - stand by Smiffy you might be needed.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.