more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was it that good a performance?

Started by Southcoastffc, November 02, 2015, 12:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2015, 12:34:32 PM
The problem is that too many are only looking at bad things. OK, there has been bad times but when we do have a good result why can't we concentrate on the good, for a change.
no the problem is too many have spent to long making up excuses for Kit, that they now think that analysing a game is a vitirol towards him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on November 02, 2015, 06:32:54 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 02, 2015, 01:18:30 PM
Do we really need to over think these things? No we don't.  

Not content with telling the rest of us that we don't need to discuss the performance of our manager, now you're lecturing those who want to discuss the performance of the team. It really does beg the question as to what you imagine this forum should look like; nothing like the majority of us expect it to be, that's for sure.

I shall let you in on something: you're not the only one who thinks that some topics are pointless and unnecessary; we almost all do - just not the same ones! Even more to the point, we don't turn up on those threads reprimanding those who are interested.

Do you really need to open a thread if you don't like the topic? No, you don't.

Oh you do make me giggle.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: epsomraver on November 03, 2015, 11:41:42 AM
That after scoring 4 goals away people still looking to find fault, we really are lumbered with a lot of glory hunters these days or a lot of moaners and that is definitely born out by going to games and listening to those around who even slag off a player who is not even out on the pitch
Please read the original post.  I thought it was clear.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Berserker

I like reading analysis  of games, coaching, managers, players etc.  As a female who has never played or coached football I feel these are learning experiences for me.
Maybe I just don't get emotional enough when somebody says a manager or player is good or bad, maybe I'm just too analytical and accept everybody has their opinions. Mind you I do work in IT and Finance so that could make me unemotional
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Arthur

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 03, 2015, 01:04:16 PM
That after scoring 4 goals away people still looking to find fault, we really are lumbered with a lot of glory hunters these days or a lot of moaners and that is definitely born out by going to games and listening to those around who even slag off a player who is not even out on the pitch
Please read the original post.  I thought it was clear.

It is. The O.P. is asks a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner. Owing to this, every response to your question has contributed sensibly and earnestly to what is an informative and interesting discussion.

Unfortunately, this thread has also been attacked by members who clearly haven't taken the time to digest what is being written. Had any of them had the patience to do so, they could not have failed to realise that they were in the wrong place to spew out their criticisms.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 03, 2015, 12:46:38 PM
Oh you do make me giggle.

Glad that I do, LH.

Although I quite often find myself disagreeing with you, I do not want for there to be any ill-feeling. Who knows? Tomorrow, I may find that I concur with your opinion.

NogoodBoyo

Watching the full 90 was worth it just to replay the Tunnicliffe lob - over and over and over.  More than the lob, it was the six crisp passes from deep in our own half that led to the lob that impressed me the most.
Then there was McCormick's free kick.  Absolutely stunning bend on that ball.  And Dembele's strength, anticipation and finishing ability.  There was some truly wonderful play in there.
But, I did notice Husband giving the ball away on one occasion as badly as did their lanky CH did for our second goal.  Tunnicliffe did the same.  As did Stearman.  Any one of these should have led to an easy goal or easy goals, but they didn't.
To me, the difference between the two sides was the quality of the strikers.  We took our chances.  They didn't.  Add to that the facts that Burn played a blinder in defence and Husband and Tunnicliffe were almost impossible to contain.
When we cut out those mistakes, we really will be a hard team to beat.  Because other than those, I thought we did play really well.
Nogood "confusing this game is, isit" Boyo

Southcoastffc

[/quote]
Quote from: Arthur on November 03, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 03, 2015, 01:04:16 PM
Please read the original post.  I thought it was clear.

It is. The O.P. is asks a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner. Owing to this, every response to your question has contributed sensibly and earnestly to what is an informative and interesting discussion.

Unfortunately, this thread has also been attacked by members who clearly haven't taken the time to digest what is being written. Had any of them had the patience to do so, they could not have failed to realise that they were in the wrong place to spew out their criticisms.
Thank you for your sensible comments Arthur.  We can each disagree and offer differing opinions (or ask apparently naive questions!) but it would be good if we did so civilly.  
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mikestrand

Quote from: fulhamben on November 03, 2015, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2015, 12:34:32 PM
The problem is that too many are only looking at bad things. OK, there has been bad times but when we do have a good result why can't we concentrate on the good, for a change.
no the problem is too many have spent to long making up excuses for Kit, that they now think that analysing a game is a vitirol towards him.
:plus one: