watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight has shown us our true worth

Started by Wearethewhites, November 03, 2015, 10:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Burnley aren't a good team. Can we stop pretending they're world beaters?
C O Y W

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Chutney on November 04, 2015, 06:52:51 AM

People will do. Everything but our own fault last night for not getting the points!!

Wimbledon_White

Sounds like we deserved a point last night.

There is no shame losing when we put up a good performance. Last seaskn, going down 2-0 in the first half we'd have been obliterated by the end. Progress is there if you look for it.

Three points against Brimingham and we'll likely be two off the play-offs, sounds decent enough to me.

Shame to see people enjoying our loss simply to satisfy their own vindication.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We haven't won at theirs since 1951 odd. 26 games at Turf Moor. It was Andre Grays third, yes 3rd brace in a row. They've just been relegated and managed to keep the majority of their squad together.
I wouldn't day it was a capitulation or even a terrible result. We scored and didn't get embarrassed.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2015, 07:59:16 AM
We need to bounce back quickly on Saturday, and see if we can wrap up three points to keep us in touch, otherwise it will make it a more difficult task in the second half of the season, especially as there are so many clubs in the mix for a top six place. 

That's true.
Birmingham has become an important game, that's for sure.

I fancy us to win convincingly again however.

Chutney

it makes Saturday a must win if we want this to be anything more than another nothing season
C O Y W

Dembele96

You know I have been following Fulham for 3 years now and I think it's really the first time in those 3 years that I feel like the team look like gluing together.

Maybe it's because I have an external viewpoint, but for 3 years Fulham was in my opinion in a real big mess, be it the manager or the players, but during the last 2 months the team seem to work better and better.
It's still frail tough and there will be loss but there is more frustrating loss or draw and less deserved one's. There more deserved win and less lucky ones.
What the team need is not a new manager it's just stability. Kit may certainly not be the best choice but I think Fulham should stick with him at the moment.

General

I think we definitely have the squad capable of top 6, and believe that Kit could possibly get us there, although it wont be as easy as it could be.

General

We also need to take into account the amount of games we have and when our last game was.. they're coming thick and fast right now and it's unrealistic to see our team just yet being that consistent when the last two performances have seen us score 8 goals before last night.

The good thing is hopefully we have a chance to get back to winning ways on Saturday.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2015, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 04, 2015, 12:42:56 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2015, 12:40:13 AM
Quote from: St Eve on November 04, 2015, 12:20:27 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on November 03, 2015, 10:47:47 PM
Today was one of the hardest three games of the season. I'm not a huge Kit fan but tonight is not one of the games to make a judgement
disagree. If we have any expectations of getting in the play offs or even the premiership we cannot lose 3-1 to Burnley. They are decent but not great
So who can you lose to when making a playoff position?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
you can lose to anyone and make the playoffs, but you can't drop the amount of points we do and expect to be anywhere near them
Understand that fully,  but my question is more aimed at the comment if not Burnley then who?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

tonight we didn't just lose we showed we can get beat by anyone who has the smallest degree of knowledge and footballing tactics. They passed the ball for a few times at the back and launched it , we didn't know how to cope and it forced errors. Dan Burn is like bambi and Stearman is too slow.

Each goal went in and Kit stood there looking clueless, he didn't show any emotion or motivation for his players. We went into that game defeated.

I don't know why we bother analysing each game. We'll lose the next few and then Kit will be saved by beating Preston at home on the 28th.

epsomraver

fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

MJG

Who said Burnley are world beaters?

Peabody

Burnley are not world beaters but they are one of the better teams in the Championship.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: FPT on November 04, 2015, 12:07:34 AM
The players are good enough, the team is good enough - and we could scrape a play off spot, but would be outsiders for promotion. I think the difference between us and the 'elite' stages of the Championship is definitely coaching and management; I see a clear gulf between watching us, and watching the teams occupying the top five - they look better managed, more structured and with evident synergy.

Is it an experience issue? Well, Kit Symons is older than Sean Dyche, Aitor Karanka and Paul Clement. Kit has been coaching since 2008 with the football club, the same sort of time as Dyche and Karanka began their coaching careers.

Kit has the tools to get us promoted, but there's no form.

My thoughts exactly.

Of course we will lose games because we are not the perfect team but its the same old problems letting the points slip away.

The personnel on the pitch has changed (for the better) while the management and coaching has remained the same.

If its not obvious where the main problem is now it soon will even to those turning a blind eye to the lack of leadership.

IMO the club decided after the turmoil of the last two seasons that stability was a priority (not rocket science) so the Manager stays regardless.
But at what point is enough, enough?

Logicalman

They're not, but they are Championship side beaters!

Before last night, last 7 matches at home were 5-1-1 (WDL) and 5 away 3-2-0, they have the home form to back up that they are one of the best Championship sides about at the moment, and for the way the game panned out, it disrespects both Burnley and Fulham to say otherwise.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FPT

I point you back to my comment about coaching - Burnley do not have better players than us, they have some very good ones but not many I'd take in our side, but the coaching is clearly on another level. Burnley set up in a structured 442, work horses out wide, a big man accompanied by some pace up top, everybody knows their roles... Remind you of somebody? Sean Dyche reminds me of Roy Hodgson, I've been impressed by him at Burnley (including the relegation season) and I think we'll see Burnley in the Premier League again.

The idea of them not being a better side than us, just elevates the argument that our coaching is below theirs. Of course I'm not saying strong coaching = winning every game, but read what I said earlier, "watching the teams occupying the top five - they look better managed, more structured and with evident synergy."

colinwhite

Agree with you FPT . Burnley would not have conceded in  any of situations that led to  the goals we let in yesterday

Tony

I also agree with you FPT. But that begs the question "What should be done about improving the coaching"
Over the years, lots of managers have been replaced at lots of clubs, but without improvement as a consequence.
I guess there are too many clubs chasing just a few good managers, and identifying those few good managers is extremely difficult.
I wouldn't like to be in Mr Rigg's position (assuming he has been given the task of finding not only players but also the manager/coaches to achieve promotion, if not this season, then next season.
Do you have advice to give him?

FPT

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2015, 06:05:30 PM
I also agree with you FPT. But that begs the question "What should be done about improving the coaching"
Over the years, lots of managers have been replaced at lots of clubs, but without improvement as a consequence.
I guess there are too many clubs chasing just a few good managers, and identifying those few good managers is extremely difficult.
I wouldn't like to be in Mr Rigg's position (assuming he has been given the task of finding not only players but also the manager/coaches to achieve promotion, if not this season, then next season.
Do you have advice to give him?

I don't know Tony, I agree, he'd have some difficult decisions to make for when the time comes for Kit to go and a new man to come in. Personally, I want us to play with style and continue giving opportunities to (and developing) our own academy talent. Of course promotion is part of the criteria also, but I don't think you have to tell anyone in the game the old cliche of it's a "results business."

I think Rigg knows how he wants to shape the football club, I don't know whether you've seen the picture knocking around of the 433? I want the next man to be here for 5 years, I don't want us to be one of the clubs that rinses through 'managers,' four men in two years is far too much. I want perfection - structurally solid at the back with exciting and flowing attacking football. I aspire to Swansea's consistency and dedication to their style of play, with Southampton's structure.

As to advice I could give? I probably don't have any; as I said in an earlier comment, I don't think coaching 'experience' is vital as such, I see a lot of success stories at the moment for managers at the real early days of their coaching careers (Dyche, Neil, Howe, Monk, Hasselbaink). Plus, previous failings doesn't necessarily point to a poor coach (Dyche - Watford - and Howe - Burnley - for two quick examples).

I wouldn't know where to go next, Alan Curbishley has been here since March to give the coaching team that bit of knowhow and experience but I don't know how much that is helping. We're an improved side, but making the same mistakes so you've definitely got to look at the coaching because it's at least 7 new starters.

Who would I go for? I really don't know at this stage, it changes weekly for me; I do think there's a small hope that Kit may develop into a better manager/coach than we could get at the moment - whilst a play off spot is in reach, it wouldn't surprise me if he's still in charge and we're outsiders for it going into the last game of the season. Another bad run of form could be a curtain call... But as we've said, it could be an interestingly difficult decision.