more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm new!

Started by WoodyFFC73, November 04, 2015, 02:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyFFC73

049:gif
Hi all, for my first post I just wanted to say hello to you all. Been a reader of this forum for gawd knows how long, was on the official for a spell too back in the Tigana days. Been a FFC supporter since I understood what it meant to support "your" team, so I guess I was 7 or 8. My earliest memories are the Tony Gale, Ivor era in the early 80s. Fulham is in the family therefore in the blood. Support goes back to my great grandfather so it was never an option to support another team even when I lived a stones throw away from Selhurst Park from when I was 4.

I don't suppose I will comment as often as some on here, often others say what I'm thinking anyway, but I will contribute every now and then as time allows. I like the fact this place is generally friendly (we all have a common interest after all), not sure why its taken me so long to join in the fun, but I've taken the plunge!

As for where the team is now.... well I think we're about where I thought we'd. Would obviously like to see us higher up the table but I'm realistic enough to realise the limitations of the squad and manager, but there has been progress in the last year which is all I wanted after the debacle of relegation and Felix. I think we'll get better as the season goes on but I don't think we'll make the play offs and will probably end up roughly where we are now. Hope to be proved wrong, starting with a win on Saturday which will not come easy. Hope the lads turn up for 90.

COYW's
049:gif

Chutney

C O Y W

H4usuallysitting

Sounds like the stirrings of a Kit out thread...... WELCOME

love4ffc

Welcome WoodyFFC73.  We are always glad to have new members.  Just for the record, we really don't care if you are a Kit in or Kit out.  Were just happy to have you.  

Oh and by the way, I drink London's Pride.   :005:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

f321ffc

Welcome WoodyFFC73, no sitting on the fence here Kit in or Kit out ?

Only joking 076.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

WoodyFFC73

LOL you guys! would be lovely to have a beer with some FFC Fans, other than my family I don't know anyone in my part of the country.  082.gif

Kit in or Kit out? Not my decision at the end of the day, but my view tends to shift around a lot. Sometimes I think maybe he's out of his depth, others I'm glad we have a Fulham man, I suppose it changes with results. Maybe the real question should be: Can anyone else do better with this squad? Not convinced anyone could myself. I suspect if we continue as is there will be a change made though, the Chairman does appear to be getting restless!

ToodlesMcToot

Welcome aboard Woody! I hope that you take to the place and contribute your thoughts from time to time.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on November 04, 2015, 03:13:40 PM
LOL you guys! would be lovely to have a beer with some FFC Fans, other than my family I don't know anyone in my part of the country.  082.gif

Kit in or Kit out? Not my decision at the end of the day, but my view tends to shift around a lot. Sometimes I think maybe he's out of his depth, others I'm glad we have a Fulham man, I suppose it changes with results. Maybe the real question should be: Can anyone else do better with this squad? Not convinced anyone could myself. I suspect if we continue as is there will be a change made though, the Chairman does appear to be getting restless!
Well tell us where you are, you never know you might just have a neighbour on here.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

WoodyFFC73

lol good point! I'm in Taunton, Somerset. I know there are a few fans dotted about the place, but they are hard to find.

Burt

Welcome aboard Woody, have fun  :wine:

Burt

Oh, and there is actually a "have we introduced ourselves" thread in the sticky section where you can write a dissertation on who you are, why you support Fulham, and whether woolly mammoths will ever make a return.

dannyboi-ffc

Welcome aboard Woody! I hope you share many of your views on our great club. Like you I was a reader before I finally joined and I instantly took to being able to voice my opinion lol. I hope you enjoy being part of it too.

We are having a get together Saturday before the Birmingham game if you are interested? I saw you mentioned above about drinking and meeting other fulham fans other than family and this is an ideal chance to do that. Sounds like we have similar backgrounds with fulham. Only differences are my journey began in 94 and I was a stone throw away from Millwall (unfortunately lol). No doubt we have alot to chat about
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Welcome Woody, sounds as if you may be some distance away from the Cottage hope you get to matches.

f321ffc

Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on November 04, 2015, 03:36:20 PM
lol good point! I'm in Taunton, Somerset. I know there are a few fans dotted about the place, but they are hard to find.
I`m a bit further west in Shaldon near Torquay.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

welcome to the mad house woody!

WoodyFFC73

Thank you all for the welcome, much appreciated!

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: filham on November 04, 2015, 03:42:19 PM
Welcome Woody, sounds as if you may be some distance away from the Cottage hope you get to matches.

I don't get to many matches these days. it's a logistical nightmare. I try to catch what I can when I can. the highlights and full 90s on the official are a bit of a godsend. Had a season ticket back in the 90's but moved out of London so Cottage visits seem to be special occasions these days.

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: Burt on November 04, 2015, 03:38:07 PM
Oh, and there is actually a "have we introduced ourselves" thread in the sticky section where you can write a dissertation on who you are, why you support Fulham, and whether woolly mammoths will ever make a return.

Thanks for the tip, hadn't noticed that.

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: f321ffc on November 04, 2015, 03:43:27 PM
Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on November 04, 2015, 03:36:20 PM
I`m a bit further west in Shaldon near Torquay.

I'll be heading to Torquay with the Mrs 3 weeks today for a gig in the Princess Theatre.