watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we lose at Burnley tonight

Started by JackyFulham90, November 03, 2015, 07:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Its probably gonna be a backs to the wall, time wasting from 50 mins, hard fought 1-0 loss

NogoodBoyo

If we lose, it won't be the end of the world.  I think the quality of performance at our next home game will be more telling.
Nogood "like a message from a homing pigeon, isit" boyo

JDH101

I remember losing 5-2 up at Turf Moor years ago. Sean Farrell put us in front. Then we went 5-1 down before scoring our second. I think we had something like 13 corners that game.

I am firmly in the kit out camp, but due to the last couple of results, he has a pass tonight. COYWs.

GrahamG

Win or lose tonight won't (and nor should it) change hardened opinions. I'm solidly in the 'out' camp but if Kit keeps the team fighting and playing for him then who knows where that may eventually take us and what change of hearts it might bring about. We all want to see us play well (and hopefully win) and a result at Burnley could lead to who knows what. Come on you whites!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If we don't win by a 1000000000000 goal margain, than Kit definitely needs to go. I just don't think he's good enough!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

hovewhite

think we will win tonight and backed it with a bet.
COYW

MJG

We lost..

Not the end of the world then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Barrie

Nope, Not the end of the world.  We tick along for the rest of the season with Kit in charge and hopefully when the right man becomes available the club will act and we can get him ahead of the close season so that we can mount a serious challenge next year.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrie on November 03, 2015, 11:14:43 PM
Nope, Not the end of the world.  We tick along for the rest of the season with Kit in charge and hopefully when the right man becomes available the club will act and we can get him ahead of the close season so that we can mount a serious challenge next year.
so totally right this season off then. I'd rather give curbs ago to try and sleek into the play offs rather than do nothing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

David Allen Crankshaw

Having seen most of our matches at Burnley since 1960 including a Youth Cup tie several years ago I wasn't going to have high hopes of a win. I think we played well in the second half and I actually think we can reach the playoffs with Kit in charge.

fulhamben

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 03, 2015, 11:57:12 PM
Having seen most of our matches at Burnley since 1960 including a Youth Cup tie several years ago I wasn't going to have high hopes of a win. I think we played well in the second half and I actually think we can reach the playoffs with Kit in charge.
Just out of interest,which 2 of the current top 7 do you think we can finish above?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wimbledon_White

Guys, it's November and there is still a lot of football left to play.

We are 5 points off the play-offs and have been playing well.

I bet we will be in the play-off places at Christmas. Come March, April, who knows?!

All this doom and gloom really is premature and shows complete impatience. It's a marathon not a sprint after all.

Twig

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 04, 2015, 07:34:21 AM
Guys, it's November and there is still a lot of football left to play.

We are 5 points off the play-offs and have been playing well.

I bet we will be in the play-off places at Christmas. Come March, April, who knows?!

All this doom and gloom really is premature and shows complete impatience. It's a marathon not a sprint after all.

:plus one:

Barrie

Quote from: fulhamben on November 03, 2015, 11:22:43 PM
so totally right this season off then. I'd rather give curbs ago to try and sleek into the play offs rather than do nothing

Sorry, my frustration was getting the better of me there with a slightly tongue in cheek comment.  I'm frustrated that, to me, it feels like we're frittering away another season.  But Kit might against my expectations yet come good and completely ram my words down my throat.  Please do Kit!

epsomraver

We lost at Turf Moor under Tigana and guess who was champions by a good margin that season then?, not the end of the world, all teams lose sometime, that is what football is about, it would be boring otherwise.

Aaron

I was flying during the match so only picked up occasional BBC statistical based updates but it looks as though we utterly dominated the 2nd half based on the stats.  Burnley are most likely going to gain automatic promotion as it stands and we all know what our record is like against them.  If the statistics reflected the standard of play (and by most reports it seems they did) then I'm as happy with that loss as it's possible to be happy with a loss.

Playoffs are doable I think, but I'm not expecting us to be playing Premier League football in a years time.. Couple of years if we can build on this and who knows?

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on November 03, 2015, 11:22:43 PM

I guess it all depends on what one's expectations were at the start, doesn't it?

If one believed that we were cannon fodder and sure relegation candidates, then we are doing very, very well.
If one thought we were a top side in the division and would be fighting for a return to the Prem, then we are doing quite poorly.
Though if one were to believe that we are a club that went through a complete meltdown and need to rebuild a side that can both gain promotion and stand our ground in the Prem for the first season with few squad changes, then we are right on course.

All about perspective I feel.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.