watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another false dawn.

Started by Russian rob, November 03, 2015, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian rob

The very best we can hope for this year is to somehow fluke a play-off place and hope we are lucky from there,not impossible as Cry.Pal. did it a few years ago.Kit is very lucky to still be in a job and with such luck could he be the man to lead us back to the premiership again?

Logicalman

He might be the one to lead us back, with luck, but I cannot see him maintaining us there, unless he can improve his own performance as much as the team will have to!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BestOfBrede

IF we get there an awful lot of money will need to be spent
Starting with a manager

But Kit is improving and the team is improving..
There's a lot of work to be done.

Sound like we played well tonight and the score flattered them and not really deserved , but we really need to play for 90 mins and not just 45/55

Possibly most importantly....
How to stop the last minute goals!?

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 03, 2015, 09:53:59 PM
IF we get there an awful lot of money will need to be spent
Starting with a manager

But Kit is improving and the team is improving..
There's a lot of work to be done.

Sound like we played well tonight and the score flattered them and not really deserved , but we really need to play for 90 mins and not just 45/55

Possibly most importantly....
How to stop the last minute goals!?
I don't even think kit knows his best team or formation.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

Can we just stop! Can we just bloody stop about Kit bloody Symons getting us anywhere near promotion, or even a bloody play off place.

Tonight has shown us our true worth under Kit. No disrespect to him, but we're mid-table at best, nothing more.

Yes, we gave it a good go in the 2nd half, yes we could have drawn, yes we could have done this, done that and everything else, but we got tonked 3-1 tonight, 1 less than we tonked Bristol City.

Formation was all wrong, we couldn't defend again, we could only play for one good half and poor old Fulham got hit on the break again because we were chasing the equaliser.

Khan... Please go and invest in a decent manager.

HatterDon

Uh, we just lost to the 2nd place team in the league -- second on goal difference -- at their patch, where we last won in 1951. And, because of that, Kit has to go?  fp.gif

I arsk you
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Quote from: HatterDon on November 04, 2015, 03:19:13 AM
Uh, we just lost to the 2nd place team in the league -- second on goal difference -- at their patch, where we last won in 1951. And, because of that, Kit has to go?  fp.gif

I arsk you
Exactly. And with our third choice keeper, at a place we haven't won for some 60+years. Is it too much to ask for some perspective. We should know by now that sacking the manager every few months does not work.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Snibbo on November 04, 2015, 03:24:42 AM

I arsk you
Exactly. And with our third choice keeper, at a place we haven't won for some 60+years. Is it too much to ask for some perspective. We should know by now that sacking the manager every few months does not work.

People wont change their minds about Kit now, despite all obvious progress that has been made over the past few months (talking holistically as a club and a squad), despite us only being five points off the play-offs and starting to genuinely play well...they won't change their minds now.

No, they've nailed their colours to the mast already and aren't humble enough to admit they've probably been a touch hasty and Kit should be given more time to build on recent results and the enormous squad developments last summer.

I have always said to give Kit this season and see what happens. It is not 'writing the season off' (before that one gets thrown at me), it is giving Kit and a brand new squad a fair amount of time in which to gel, develop and hopefully win games.

I say again, it is NOVEMBER and there is a lot of football left to be played. We arent out of the running yet.

As for Kit in the Prem...lets get there first before we throw him under a bus for failing in the top flight.

Twig

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 03, 2015, 10:02:41 PM
Can we just stop! Can we just bloody stop about Kit bloody Symons getting us anywhere near promotion, or even a bloody play off place.

Tonight has shown us our true worth under Kit. No disrespect to him, but we're mid-table at best, nothing more.

Yes, we gave it a good go in the 2nd half, yes we could have drawn, yes we could have done this, done that and everything else, but we got tonked 3-1 tonight, 1 less than we tonked Bristol City.

Formation was all wrong, we couldn't defend again, we could only play for one good half and poor old Fulham got hit on the break again because we were chasing the equaliser.

Can you please also just stop.  You have no more right to assert that Kit bloody Symons can't get us a bloody playoff place than those believing that he is on an upward trend.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on November 04, 2015, 08:13:41 AM

Can you please also just stop.  You have no more right to assert that Kit bloody Symons can't get us a bloody playoff place than those believing that he is on an upward trend.
Apart from our league position and points tally you mean 20 out of 45 points is not play off form. I wonder if Brentford who are on the same points are as confident as some on here that they will get into the play offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Again, we are asking folks to please be respectful of other members and their post.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  If the opinion offends or upsets then please ignore it and move on.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=50763.0
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on November 04, 2015, 08:18:03 AM
Quote from: Twig on November 04, 2015, 08:13:41 AM

Apart from our league position and points tally you mean 20 out of 45 points is not play off form. I wonder if Brentford who are on the same points are as confident as some on here that they will get into the play offs

But it's exactly the league position and points total difference between Birmingham and teams like Brentford and Fulham that should give them confidence. As long as their team, like ours, is showing heart, fight and some semblance of improvement, closing that 5 point gap is achievable. It's certainly not the 10 point mountain that the other playoff places present for climbing.

I'm not saying that it definitely will happen or that Kit is the man that will definitely get us to any promised land but, the stated goal of promotion playoffs is within reach and our form is improving, even with the defensive mistakes. That's enough to earn some measure of confidence IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

gezkc

Quote from: Snibbo on November 04, 2015, 03:24:42 AM

I arsk you

:plus one:

Fulham Tup North

092.gif  I think losing to Burnley, which many thought we would anyway, is not a reason to give Kit the elbow!
Wait until Birmingham Saturday.  This will be a much better gauge as to if we are good enough for a play-off place (31 games still remaining)! 
We have shown that as a team, we have the players to match or beat some of the good footballing sides in this Division and if we can master putting in a 'two halves' game, we are, I believe, capable of beating most of those teams.
There is a long way to go and what I have seen from Fulham over these last few weeks, shows we are a capable side. With 31 games remaining there will be a lot of movement in the table and as long as we can stop leaking late goals and remain united, we are still in the fight.   049:gif
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Ron91

Who could do a better job than Kit can do with our current squad? Considering most of the boys are fairly new i doubt many can! Dont want a rollercoaster season like the last two seasons! If we keep sacking managers who would evenwant to come.

Max Headroom

I'm not a fan of kit. Last nights loss was to one of the top teams in the division away...... Even if we were top of the league it's still an expected loss. Grow up