watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Kit (merged)

Started by alexmur, November 08, 2015, 01:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyTheBrain

He should never have been a long term appointment and he should have been relieved of his duties at the end of last season. After an initial new manager boost we degenerated into a mess that nearly rivalled Magath. Why? He's a backroom coach not a top man, he unquestionably has a good career ahead of him backing up a manager.
It's not fair to flair.

Robbie

Bassey the warrior

Agreed. Rarely have I wanted a manager to succeed as much. Khan was very fair with him though. He had time.

grandad

Really sad that it didn´t work out for him. He did the job he was initially hired to do but his lack of management skills has told.

I wish him luck for the future.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Kent Cassandra

Yes, good luck Kit, as I mentioned in a previous post Bobby Robson found himself in a similar position at Fulham and look what happened to him!!!
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Robbie

Thanks Kit, all the best !!!!!

Scrumpy

Well said, FW. I'm sure he gave his all and he certainly seemed to care passionately for the Club.

He did his best and I am proud that a) The Club gave him a sensible time to prove himself and b) his sacking was handled in a dignified manner with a phone call from Khan. Other possible Managers can see that we're a professional Club with a good Chairman in charge, who give their staff adequate time to prove themselves.

COYWs.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Sgt Fulham

Agreed, thank you Kit Symons. In the unlikely event that you read this thread know that the majority of fans are grateful for what you did for the club. Stabilised it after Magath and avoided relegation with a poor squad. Brought in some very decent players, assembling a squad capable of promotion. Unfortunately it's a results based industry and the results weren't quite there yet. Wish you all the best and hope you come back and play another role in this club.

Twig

RolandAJ

Thank you, Kit.  I hope you land on your feet and, with the lessons you've learned managing Fulham, find a club you can help flourish.

Good luck!

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Adi-ffc

It was an impossible job for him, but he did pretty well against the odds. A league one club should snap him up, think he'll make a decent manager with this experience behind him.

ron

In a strange, paradoxical way, it may have been the recent stunning result against Reading and the 4-1 away win that finally put the last nail in Kit's coffin. It showed that the quality exists in the squad to be able to play that way, but also the shortcomings in Kit's set ups to adapt to different styles of opposition, resulting in crushing defeats as well.

Shame for Kit, but alas, results-driven industries require adaptations to win whatever.

bog

Totally agree. We were an absolute shambles when he took over. Good luck Kit.

092.gif 

filham

Thanks for all your efforts Kit, hope things work out well for you and you will now go down in Fulham history as a man with our club in his heart.

bigalffc

Definitely a Fulham man who did his best, but was promoted beyond his capabilities. Thanks and all the best for the future Kit.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Twig

David Allen Crankshaw

Thanks Kit. Sorry to see you go. A loss to the club.

zschwartz

If he'd won every single match so far this season there would still be people on here complaining that 48 points is not nearly enough to get us promoted by the end of the season!... profoundly myopic nonsense. It does at least show intent, if not equal parts impatience and ignorance. Klopp could be out at liverpool any minute now, here's hoping.

copthornemike

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on November 08, 2015, 02:42:50 PM
Yes, good luck Kit, as I mentioned in a previous post Bobby Robson found himself in a similar position at Fulham and look what happened to him!!!
Very good point - and as mentioned above hopefully he will welcomed back to the Welsh squad and both him and Chris Coleman will do well at the Euro championships.
Thanks to Kit for helping the club escape the mire created by Felix et al. At the time most of us were pleased he got the job and I am sure that many of us can agree we were all willing him to do well. it just did not work out in getting the club to the next level - sometimes life works out like that!
However if and hopefully when he graces the Cottage with his presence in the future he will I am sure get a more than warm reception.

Carborundum

Thanks Kit, I wish you well for the future.