watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mike Rigg has spoken - not sure if this is already on here

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 10, 2015, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Reading between the lines I'd say the coaching for Wales was an issue from early on for him.

Lighthouse

Not sure Rigg said anything much at all. We are going for a coach not a manager. Well after our experience with Felix that was always going to be the case. We seem to have so many coaches and people in charge I am wondering if the new coach isn't just there to take the blame away from the mismanagement of the club.

As for people saying they like him. What exactly has he done to be liked? So far we are a few players short of being good enough to for the top six and we change managers more then I change my underpants. Admittedly that is more my problem and the people who stand close to me than Fulhams.

But so far Rigg hasn't exactly done a great job that we should like him for it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick Bateman

Rigsby, as he is widely known, speaks and acts decisively!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Baszab

Apparently/so I have been told/allegedly/IMHO blah blah:-

1. Rigg pulled the trigger - Khan knows absolutely nothing about football and won't ever
2. KS knew full well that top 6 was his target and failure would mean the sack - therefore the club did not support him as previously set out nor give him time to develop the squad
3. Some senior players put the boot in as well

Oakeshott

Rigg clearly knows what he is trying to do on Khan's behalf, and I hope he can find someone who fits his bill and succeeds. But I doubt if some who have been discussed as possible successors to Kit would work under the arrangements we now have - can't really see Moyes, for example, being content to be accountable to Rigg.

lomotd

Fair play to Sarah (and by extension the club I guess) for this interview. Sets things out clearly and it didn't shy away from some tough questions. Here's hoping for a sensible pick!

BedsFFC

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on November 10, 2015, 06:53:20 PM
I think it's refreshing and honest to hear this. He made kit aware that managers don't last forever, and sometime along the way, there would be a parting of ways. Rigg was open about it whether it came from Fulham sacking him, symons quitting or kit being poached. We as a championship team had to be prepared and sounds like we were.

One thing that needs to happen is that the HEAD coach needs to sack all the other coaches. They haven't been good enough. A good coaching team with a proper head coach who will implement khans vision is what we need.
Might be a yes man, but it will get us consistency,  settle us down and maybe build something instead of taking a wrecking ball to the squad every 6 months

You are absolutely right and that is the downside of promoting from within. These coaches were learning the trade with the youth and doing a great job. We've now lost them from the club, you would assume.

I remember when cookie took Steve KEan from our academy where he was doing a great job.

Domino1879

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on November 10, 2015, 06:53:20 PM
I think it's refreshing and honest to hear this. He made kit aware that managers don't last forever, and sometime along the way, there would be a parting of ways. Rigg was open about it whether it came from Fulham sacking him, symons quitting or kit being poached. We as a championship team had to be prepared and sounds like we were.

One thing that needs to happen is that the HEAD coach needs to sack all the other coaches. They haven't been good enough. A good coaching team with a proper head coach who will implement khans vision is what we need.
Might be a yes man, but it will get us consistency,  settle us down and maybe build something instead of taking a wrecking ball to the squad every 6 months

Totally agree.  Curbs, Pembridge, and others are all culpable to some degree.

Sounds to me like Oscar Garcia meets Riggs criteria.  Personally still think Moyes with McKinley would be great, but we can't always get what we want.
Whoever is appointed must have relevant experience and must command respect of the squad - that's essential imo.

clarkey

I think that's one of the best interviews that FFC TV has done, great questions from Brooksy and not afraid to ask the difficult ones-showing a loyalty to Kit as well. Nicely  handled, well done SB !

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2015, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 10, 2015, 06:21:35 PM
Noticed that he wouldn't even name an interim should the need arise. Leads me to believe that Curbs is in the running for the permanent job for sure. Know that Curbs has already said the job is an attractive one but, that doesn't mean he is being considered. Now, I think that's been confirmed indirectly.
How have you come to that conclusion? By not naming a caretaker, because hopefully we have our new man means curbs is in the running? Isn't it just as likely that he didn't name him because he doesn't want him in charge of the first team.

If Rigg doesn't trust Curbs with the first team, then why is he still employed? Mine is admittedly a conclusion come to without too much hard evidence. But, yours seems even more far fetched to me given that we are still paying Curbs currently.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 10, 2015, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2015, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 10, 2015, 06:21:35 PM
Noticed that he wouldn't even name an interim should the need arise. Leads me to believe that Curbs is in the running for the permanent job for sure. Know that Curbs has already said the job is an attractive one but, that doesn't mean he is being considered. Now, I think that's been confirmed indirectly.
How have you come to that conclusion? By not naming a caretaker, because hopefully we have our new man means curbs is in the running? Isn't it just as likely that he didn't name him because he doesn't want him in charge of the first team.

If Rigg doesn't trust Curbs with the first team, then why is he still employed? Mine is admittedly a conclusion come to without too much hard evidence. But, yours seems even more far fetched to me given that we are still paying Curbs currently.
As in, in charge of the first team, not just being around it. And would he have to step down out of the running if he were named caretaker?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: clarkey on November 10, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
I think that's one of the best interviews that FFC TV has done, great questions from Brooksy and not afraid to ask the difficult ones-showing a loyalty to Kit as well. Nicely  handled, well done SB !

Bet Riggs marked her card after that lol

Adi-ffc

Much as i like Rigg's idea of a 'vision' in principle, I have a nagging doubt about him that i can't shift.

he comes across as a bit of a control freak, perhaps with a nasty side. Does he have too much power? Would we ever get a great coach to work under him? And would we cast the net for players wide enough, not just looking at English but picking up affordable gems from around the world that can be premiership potential like Brighton, Hull etc have done?

I'm not so sure.

gerrys

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 10, 2015, 06:42:10 PM
Quote from: GW02 on November 10, 2015, 06:40:24 PM
One thing I took from this interview was that Rigg never wanted Kit, "let's plan for the divorce" wouldn't be the greatest thing to hear for anyone.

Yeah that is shocking.

Sounds to me like Kit never stood a chance once Rigg was on-board.

So much for our values.
To be honest he said "it works both ways, if Kit was successful he may well have wanted to move on"

NogoodBoyo

When the gang of three video (Rigg, Macintosh, Symons) was released at the start of the season, I mentioned that Symons looked like a dead man walking.  I didn't think Macintosh looked much happier either.  Even then, it was clear that Rigg was driving the bus.
Nogood "get off my bus, isit" Boyo

gerrys

Quote from: clarkey on November 10, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
Surely she was told what she should, she could and she couldn't ask before the interview was recorded.

And, for the record, when at Inter Woy was "Head Coach".

cmg

Interesting diversity of opinion.

My personal opinion is that Riggs comes across as a fairly typical corporate bullsh***er. Not necessarily a bad thing in itself; it's a normal part of modern business.
I've come across dozens in a long and undistinguished working life. Many of them I haven't liked, but that isn't really material, they weren't there to be liked. Many of them were ineffectual or even disastrous. But some were pretty impressive. It always seemed to me to depend on the knowledge and understanding rather than the delivery.
Riggs didn't actually reveal much in the interview, unsurprisingly (hence all the 'reading between the lines' malarky), but it seems that he is calling the shots, at least on this side of the Ocean, and we must hope that his footballing substance at least matches his style.   

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 10, 2015, 06:42:10 PM
Quote from: GW02 on November 10, 2015, 06:40:24 PM
One thing I took from this interview was that Rigg never wanted Kit, "let's plan for the divorce" wouldn't be the greatest thing to hear for anyone.

Yeah that is shocking.

Sounds to me like Kit never stood a chance once Rigg was on-board.

So much for our values.
Are you in love with Kit?
I thought this was all about football and what is best for our club!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES