more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager betting odds

Started by One James stannard, November 11, 2015, 08:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: SG on November 12, 2015, 11:07:49 AM
Don't know anything about his success as a Manager/Coach. What is the attraction with Montella other than being an ex player

As per my post above:

Win ratio at Roma - 43.75% (16 games).
Win ratio at Catania - 30% (40 games).
Win ratio at Fiorentina - 52% (142 games).

46.97% total, including domestic cup and European matches.

His win ratio for just league matches is 44.3%.

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamben on November 12, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
Is he still under contract? On phone and had a quick translate but it looked like florentina wanted 5 mil for him from sampdoria
Montella was sacked in June by Fiorentina but he is technically under contract until 2017.  So, I assume they are still paying him a salary.  There is a release clause of €5m which is a major obstacle to Sampdoria getting him.  They are in a hurry and a may opt for Luigi del Neri instead - at least according to Gazzetta dello Sport.  Maybe the Viola would waive that clause if he were to go abroad and save themselves some money and not let a rival club sign him...

westcliff white

I cant see Fiorentina doing us a favor after they thought they had Berbatov and he came to us instead
Every day is a Fulham day

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: fulhamben on November 12, 2015, 10:02:56 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 12, 2015, 12:44:20 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 11, 2015, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 11, 2015, 11:45:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 11, 2015, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 11, 2015, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: The Swan on November 11, 2015, 10:07:57 PM
Although I don't like his attitude , I think Pearson is the best one to take Fulham into the top six by the end of this season.

. . . but where will that leave us? Would he be the person for us in the PL? It will be pointless if we have to have another change of manager. We need, as best we can, to work for the medium to long term.
well he kept Leicester up and it's still pretty much his team flying near the top of the table

. . . and they are doing somewhat better under Ranieri.
continuing the form they finished the season on is all

Why are you making a dubious case for someone whose attitude you don't like and about whom you will inevitably be complaining in a year's time?
are you confusing me for someone else? I've not said I don't like his attitude and I'm not saying I like it either. But you was suggesting that he might not be able to do it in the prem, to which I was just pointing out that he could as he has. People are right to question his sanity, but ability? Well I remember Houghton getting Norwich relegated, Pearson kept Leicester up so who has the better ability, and most would take Chris in a heartbeat

O.K., sorry, I see above that it was the Swan who didn't like his attitude.

There are are range of managers that could get us up and even keep us up who I would not like to see at Fulham and Pearson is one of them for me.

The ability to get us up and keep us there, to play good football and to be a half decent human being are not mutually exclusive. I am sure you have managers that you would not want to see at Fulham because of their style of football or approach. It ought to be possible to find someone who matches all three criteria to a large degree rather than primarily looking at the first.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: epsomraver on November 12, 2015, 10:53:28 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, I was told that he is in town and was being driven around by a club official, cannot say anymore than that as I don't know any more

it could be an unexpected choice like this who gets the job. hence why none of the obvious choices seem to be making a move in the betting.

sunburywhite

Montella out

Sorry, just wanted to be first to say it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: SG on November 12, 2015, 11:07:49 AM
Don't know anything about his success as a Manager/Coach. What is the attraction with Montella other than being an ex player

Style of play is the passing game with some high pressing.  He had quite a tiff with the Fiorentina owner.  I don't know if it's worse to be sacked for mediocre performance or poor attitude (if indeed, he was the miscreant and not the owner).  Ability to get along with the owner was also the first thing that struck me when I saw Warburton's name surface.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

General

everyone who's opting for Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink is being lead by their heart not their head. I used to love him as a chelsea player but let's get real he is unproven as a manager and if we are serious about pushing for promotion now is NOT the time to be pushing for an inexperienced manager.

Pev

Pearsons odds have significantly shortened, curbishley has drifted off but still 8/1. JFH still in the mix -no sign of Montella
@Fulham_Boy

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Montella is Sampdoria bound...He's a legend there, absolutely no way will he pitch up at us. Rowett, JFH or Pearson would be great!

Asotosyios

Quote from: General on November 12, 2015, 11:42:50 PM
everyone who's opting for Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink is being lead by their heart not their head. I used to love him as a chelsea player but let's get real he is unproven as a manager and if we are serious about pushing for promotion now is NOT the time to be pushing for an inexperienced manager.

Perhaps it's the beers, perhaps I am biased (you said it's my heart, not my head). Still, I cannot see why we need an "experienced" manager in the Championship. I like JFH and would like to see him in a Fulham suit and think he would be a good fit. Is it only the experience that counts? Norwich chose Alex Neil last year and he got them promoted; he had managed 77 games with Hamilton in Scotland before that. Hasselbaink has managed 84 with Antwerp and Burton.

I don't know if we will get him or whether he will be successful in case he joins us, but saying he is the wrong choice because he has never managed in the Championship before makes no sense to me.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: General on November 12, 2015, 11:42:50 PM

There are probably 7 or 8 managers currently in the Championship whose first head job was at the this level.  Some are obviously doing better than others, but according to your criteria none should have ever been considered.  I guess I would prefer someone with managerial experience, but if there is another Eddie Howe or Aitor Karanka out there, I hope Rigg has the ability to uncover him.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

HamsterWheel

Couldn't resist a tenner at 33-1 on Mark Warburton.

Neil D

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 13, 2015, 10:12:00 AM
Couldn't resist a tenner at 33-1 on Mark Warburton.
Sky Bet also has Shefki Kuqi at 33/1.  Just saying.