watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The "My First Post on FOF" thread

Started by Burt, November 12, 2015, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

3356     General Category / The Finnster01 & Corked Hat Exiles, Overseas & NFR board / Re: Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?    on: July 19, 2012, 03:53:33 PM
Hi, I was born at an early age & lived in Southfields, SW18. In 1954 when I was 9 my father took me to Chelsea for my 1st match. As I was not very tall I couldn´t see over the wall at the front so only saw the ball when it was in the air. My father told me that the next game that Fulham had we would go there as he said they had railings I could look through. All I can say is thank God for that wall.
I then started to go to every home game with a group of friends.When I started working we went to all the away games. The most expensive Football Special train trip was 19/6d to Newcastle. The players traveled on the same train.
I was a Season Ticket holder in the Stevenage Road Stand. Block G Row A seat 11.
I then moved to Yeovil in 1999 where I worked in the A&E Dept of the hospital. This meant that as I workrd most weekends I was unable to get to see many live games.
I then retired in 2008 & moved to Spain & love the life style. Thankfully not many ex-pats where I live. I play lawn bowls 2 to 3 times a week & this winter will be going for the Spanish National Trials.
That´s about it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

633    General Category / General Discussion / Re: Karagounis has re-signed   on: July 09, 2013, 08:24:09 PM

Much as I like Kara (how could anyone do other?), what a really bad thing this seems to be.  Bad in terms of potential new signings I would hope the club should be looking to make. Bad in terms of younger players already at the club whose path is blocked by him.  Perhaps we have something/someone in mind for the January window and Kara is a stop gap pending that?

That season we were relegated......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

LBNo11

No of pages: 8030     General Category / General Discussion / Re: This is my first post on the new messageboard    on: September 01, 2009, 03:05:39 PM

This is my first post too, but as I hear the moderators are barstewards, it may be my last...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

GrahamG

306 posts, this one from October 2013...
I think Jol is our worst in the Premiership era. Sanchez was universally unpopular but he did lose McBride and Bullard to injury (they came back in time to save Hodgson) and at least some of his signings (Murphy, Hughes, Baird, Kamara, Konchesky) made significant if not always consistent contributions. The team now is a complete mess and has been for a season at least. Jol will continue to play favourites and it's difficult to see how we can progress with him in charge.

ron

"Another milestone day at the home of rational and courteous debate amongst the fans of a great football club.

All you movers and shakers who put this site together do the rest of us proud. We owe you a great debt of gratitude".

...regarding getting the site up and running after changing providers. The sentiments expressed are as true today as they were on January 25th 2010.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 12, 2015, 05:25:12 PM
230 pages

24 Jan 2010

I've been accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After this I fully expect to get an invitation to the White House for dinner.
Very posh, indeed.

Now, if I could just figure out all theses buttons.  ???

Guess I'm just a needy person.   :airfix:

Beat you by one day, Jim.  And I once had a drink with Bill Clinton.
Nogood "so I won't be getting any invitations to the White House, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Quote from: ron on November 12, 2015, 10:54:47 PM
"Another milestone day at the home of rational and courteous debate amongst the fans of a great football club.

All you movers and shakers who put this site together do the rest of us proud. We owe you a great debt of gratitude".

...regarding getting the site up and running after changing providers. The sentiments expressed are as true today as they were on January 25th 2010.

Ah, the good old days  :012:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Rock

I didn't really look, but I do remember running the tipping comp and can only say how grateful I am to not have to do it now and somewhere deep down I owe Logicalman something very special, like promotion, but I digress. This is a nice thread that brings back some good posts.

Airfix

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2015, 08:19:14 PM
No of pages: 8030     General Category / General Discussion / Re: This is my first post on the new messageboard    on: September 01, 2009, 03:05:39 PM

This is my first post too, but as I hear the moderators are barstewards, it may be my last...

Er, stop bigging yourself up.  It's 490 pages, how can it be 8,030 pages with only 8,715 posts?

snarks

73 pages

First post

The Cup winners Cup was a major final until uefa started tinkering with everything, and then a bit like the Uefa cup now is, was devalued and then cancelled

Something to do with Englands 17 european finalists

It's almost as bad as seeing the running time total logged in

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rock on November 13, 2015, 12:05:50 AM
I didn't really look, but I do remember running the tipping comp and can only say how grateful I am to not have to do it now and somewhere deep down I owe Logicalman something very special, like promotion, but I digress. This is a nice thread that brings back some good posts.

Ah, that's right, you're the one I have take the hit out on thank then!   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

My first post was embarrassingly long and not worth reposting.   Actually that could be said about all my post... :023:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Burt

Quote from: love4ffc on November 13, 2015, 04:50:05 PM
My first post was embarrassingly long and not worth reposting.   Actually that could be said about all my post... :023:

As a mod I could go in to your profile, look at your posts and paste it here for all to see  :wine:

Sgt Fulham

"Was very impressed with Ruiz yesterday. Looked a lot more confident and was being more physical."

My second post is a bit more interesting as I predict that we are a team improving and going places. I posted that in August 2012. How wrong I was!

Airfix

Quote from: Burt on November 13, 2015, 05:22:39 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on November 13, 2015, 04:50:05 PM

As a mod I could go in to your profile, look at your posts and paste it here for all to see  :wine:

As a "not Mod", I decided to do just that!   :005:

117 pages.

Quote from: love4ffc on May 13, 2014, 08:17:10 AM
I know this is a lot for a first post and I apologize but I just have to say... I'm not going anywhere!

OK yes, I've never belonged to a forum... until now.  While I have followed several over the years (including the one that used to be hosted on the ffc website) I've never actually participated in one.  Thought about posting several times but always held off for different reasons.  Mainly laziness. 

Like many others I came to ffc as unknown baggage from the McBride acquisition.  Quickly feel in love with the club which led me to seek out info about its history.  I have read several articles including "The Foundation History" from this site.  Through those articles, watching as many ffc games as possible and reading forums like fof I have become hopelessly addicted.  That has led me to purchase two ffc kits (one white and one red) and install fof and ffc apps on my phone. 

I've not had the privilege of visiting the Cottage.  Hope to be a "tourist" in the near future and watch ffc in action.  If they are in the Championship then so be it.  I still want to see them and when that day comes, I want to do it all.  I want to hit the pubs, tour the Cottage, see the white's warm-up and catch every minute of play.  I want to breathe in the atmosphere and sit in the noisy end with lots of singing...PLEASE don't make me be in the neutral zone.  I want to be surrounded by those fans that live for Fulham and are the 12th man.    Most of all though I want to bring my kids as I know they would love it as much I would. 

Alright some of my observations – remember these are just my thoughts...

First I'd like to point out that I am not the most optimistic person.  Just not in my nature.  With that said I truly believe that ffc will return to the PL!  May take more than a year but I believe we will return.  What I do not want to see is the club go the way of Leeds and bounce around in the lower leagues.  I seriously hope that we have a quick return and not some 14 year hiatus. 

Khan – Give him a chance....
While I am not completely sold on Kahn as being ffc's savior I do think we have to give him a chance.  Actually I am glad that it was Kahn who purchased the club.  At least he has some professional sports organizational experience under his belt.  We could have had some crazy Malaysian with no sports organizational experience who hires his son's friend to be the clubs scout.  Poor Cardiff.  Wonder which of the son's friends will be their next manger? 

Hindsight is always 20/20....
Someday someone much smarter than I am will do a case study and write a book about ffc and its last couple of years.  They will write about how, why and what mistakes different individuals did to cause the embarrassment and down fall of this magnificent club.  Hopefully something like that would become required reading for all owners, CEO's and managers. 
Side note - If villa are smart they have been paying attention and are taking notes about what not to do as a club.  If they are not then I see them following us down the same path next season.  I don't even think they know who their owner is going to be next year.  Though four billionaire Americans are rumored to be looking at buying them. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa--american-billionaires-7109938

Heads need to roll....
I know this has been beaten to death on other threads but I just have to say it.  Heads need to roll starting with the ceo and the manager.  I know people want stability but if we don't clean house we'll just keep making the same mistakes.  I have no idea who I would recommend for ceo (wish I did) but as it was so perfectly pointed out in a different thread he is the person ultimately responsible for the club's business. 

Felix...
Don't like him.  Not from the start and not now.  Don't care about his credentials.  I want someone who shows some emotion.  I'm not saying we need a crazed mad man yelling and jumping up and down on the sidelines (Paolo Di Canio) but I do want a manager who gets involved, stands up more and shows some feelings.  And just because I don't like Felix doesn't mean I won't be supporting the team or the club.  Just means I don't like him and I question him being the right guy for the job.  Now if we get promoted next season then I will gladly eat crow and admit I am wrong.

SPRING CLEANING - FIRST TEAM
Clear rational heads need to prevail and clean house.  I've seen the threads telling of who is staying and who is going. I still say dump most but not all of the current first team.  The team will need to be a mixture of youth and experience.  Would like to see Stockdale and Sidwell kept.  It's too bad we can't hold on to Richardson and Holtby.  Youth like Burn and Woodrow should also be retained, nurtured and developed.  Would also love to see some youth from the academy brought up and developed, not sold off.  Thought the U18's did fantastic against chelski.  Don't understand how some people could trash the performance of the youth team.  They don't deserve it! Followed them on the ffc app.  Hope to hear and see that kind of tempo in the first team next season. 

BOTTOM LINE....
I'm not going anywhere.  As I said, I started following ffc in 2003.  Had a hard time back then finding a game on tv.  Yet Somehow I always managed to find out how the team and McBride were doing.  So with the club heading to the championship, I will rely on Gentleman Jim (I hope) and fof to keep me informed.  Hopefully here and there I will be able to catch a game on tv or the net.  To those fair weather fans who complain it's too hard to support a team not in the PL I say good riddance and sod off.  Go support one of the big 4.  As for me...too show that I believe in this club, I promise that I will be one of the first to purchase new kits next year for me and the kids.  Once they start offering them online. 

COYW! 

Berserker

I can't remember my first post
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

Quote from: Berserker on November 16, 2015, 06:57:40 PM
I can't remember my first post

"8665     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Convince me why I should renew my Season Ticket?    on: May 20, 2011, 04:56:55 PM
Well I've bought one in the Putney end a few weeks ago to get the early bird deal, had a membership the last few seasons. Hope there are more season tickets holders in this end than last week as I was  completely surrounded by Liverpool fans!! 

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2011, 12:05:59 PM
Because I want more real Fulham fans near me in the Putney end. You know its makes sense and its cheap, Block P1 or P2?"
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Glad it was sensible, worried I might of posted a load of rubbish
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

F(f)CUK

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/241826/Martin-Atkinson-chance-to-earn-respect

Potentially the sending off of Peter Crouch and Ramires could scupper our chances of earning a fair play berth.

Those were the days when we were interested in the Fair Play league, rather than the lump it and sneaky foul league that we are in now.