watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF IT IS PEARSON?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, November 18, 2015, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyclashcityrocker

If it does end up being Nigel Pearson - I really don't know how happy I would be. Whilst I acknowledge he did an o.k job with the Foxes and got them out of the division and kept them faltering up. I also remember how they led the division for most of the previous season before they crashed and burned. During that couple of months they couldn't buy a win.

I also watched confused over the last three seasons when he swapped centre forward's for no reason. He had Nugent, brought in Chris Martin on loan, then Woods, then Alloa, then the Croatian bloke. It looked like he was just throwing darts about hoping something would stick.

His record prior to Leicester doesn't make exceptional reading either.

I don't know if this is all just excuses though, because at heart I just don't like him much. I've always thought he was a bit arrogant and overly sure of himself. If my memory serves me right he played in that Sheffield Wednesday team created by Howard Wilkinson, another manager i detested.....perhaps that's the deep rooted reason I don't fancy him in the gaffer's chair.

He just ain't Fulham to me....the same way that Sanchez, Magath, Jol were not. Where as Clarke, Warburton, like Tigana, Stock, Adams and Campbell do and were.

If he gets it? I'll back him and support the team. But I don't know that I feel in my heart or my head that he is the right one. I don't know how many more force dawn's I can live with. We really need to get it right this time. Not close but spot on and is Pearson the answer. Really??

MJG

Pretty much spot on as to how I feel.

While not a manager I would give my season ticket up over, hes just not a Fulham person in my books.

But while I really dislike what he did last season and in truth dont want him anywhere near the club, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and clean slate personality wise and see what happens.

Although in reality I saw this next appointment as one to define Khan's regime, and feel hes not the right man for it.

Chutney

I'm completely with you, he doesn't suit us at all and would be much better suited to a club QPR currently. That said, I'd be willing to let him change my opinion by not only winning games but by making an effort to conduct himself with a bit more class. Any new manager should be given the chance to impress, but that doesn't mean Pearson shouldn't worry us.
C O Y W

Rupert

Campbell? As in Bobby Campbell? Manager from 1976-80?

Deary, deary me!  fp.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bracken White

Sadly, appears Jokanovic seems to be falling off the radar. He is the guy who would really get us playing football. And with Kit going, why would we give another rookie (JFH) a go?
Pearson? Along with many - undecided. Not a good fit for FFC.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

westcliff white

Not enough to make me give up my ticket but enough to stop me using it
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

Pearson is something that the club desperately needs right now.

Forget the stuff with the media and look at what he's achieved. He's built the base of the Leicester side that is running away with it in the Premier League. He's made some very good business during his time at Leicester, building a squad that was playing a decent brand of football. They arguably shouldn't have been in the mess they were in their return back to the PL, they were simply unlucky in a lot of fixtures (I watched with a keen eye last season).

Futhermore, he has experience of the Championship with Leicester and with Hull. A 43% managerial career win percentage is very impressive. He also has a knack of building hard-working teams and isn't the type of character to let players stroll about the pitch and offer nothing.

No doubt we have the talent in this squad but they have simply been poorly managed, hence the consistency. Installing Pearson will change that.

It's a great backing and tbh I think whoever gets the job deserves the full backing of the staff. Kit had to go and to the people that want Curbs, he's been out of the game for 7 years - his ideas will be incredibly dated.

Pearson is the best available option for us.

Plus, some of the best managers have had a bad time with the media and sure as heck didn't change them - Fergie and Mourinho both spring mind. Even our Magath was a lunatic, but he was successful in his native country. Just because he's had a bad bit of press doesn't change his managerial experience in this country.

The only other man for the job is arguably Gary Rowett, but doubt he'd leave Birmingham. People who would take risks on JFH, Lee Clark or even Danny Murphy are far too optimistic, just look at Kit Symons reign, we can't take another risk.

Pearson will have to conduct himself in the media as the club want him to. Leave that to the club. Judge him by his performances on the pitch.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 01:29:31 PM
Not enough to make me give up my ticket but enough to stop me using it
While I will still go and give him a clean slate, I expect that slate to be quite busy after half a dozen games.

westcliff white

He has only had success at one club, failed at Carlisle, failed at Southampton and failed at Hull. He may have an impressive record at Leicester but they struggled till the last 8 games last season, and all of a sudden he changed his formation (after a chat with the players) and then they started to win.

If we are having someone who respect values etc. as per Mike Riggs interview then really so not see how Pearson fits, throttling an opposing player, disrespectful and arguing wit the media and more than one foul mothed outburst.

But we will get who we get, not everyone will be happy, but that's life. Pearson is the total opposite of Kit that maybe what we need, but for me there are other better options.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 01:37:40 PM
He has only had success at one club, failed at Carlisle, failed at Southampton and failed at Hull. He may have an impressive record at Leicester but they struggled till the last 8 games last season, and all of a sudden he changed his formation (after a chat with the players) and then they started to win.

If we are having someone who respect values etc. as per Mike Riggs interview then really so not see how Pearson fits, throttling an opposing player, disrespectful and arguing wit the media and more than one foul mothed outburst.

But we will get who we get, not everyone will be happy, but that's life. Pearson is the total opposite of Kit that maybe what we need, but for me there are other better options.
There are better options and my only hope is that we realise that and stay clear of Pearson.
he also had a lot of money at Leicester. All interesting tho.

Wearethewhites

Must have been Pearson all along. Rigg said that the new manager/coach would have mixed feelings amongst the fans. For me, he's the perfect fit, for where we need to be heading.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 01:37:40 PM

The more that I read about Pearson, the more I tend to agree that he's not for us. But, as you say, he may be what we need at the moment. Our players may be in dire need of a swift kick in the backside.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

J

If it is Pearson then you won't see me at The Cottage on Saturday!!

:Get Coat gif:

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 18, 2015, 01:44:57 PM
Must have been Pearson all along. Rigg said that the new manager/coach would have mixed feelings amongst the fans. For me, he's the perfect fit, for where we need to be heading.

That would describe pretty much every manager/coach that Rigg could possibly get his hands on. Pretty obvious prediction on his part.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Chutney

Quote from: J on November 18, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
If it is Pearson then you won't see me at The Cottage on Saturday!!

:Get Coat gif:

Fortunate that we are at MK Dons then!
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 18, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 18, 2015, 01:44:57 PM

That would describe pretty much every manager/coach that Rigg could possibly get his hands on. Pretty obvious prediction on his part.

Think we'd all be happy with Moyes, Jokanovic etc...
C O Y W

westcliff white

some wouldn't be Chutney, you know what its like, not everyone is always pleased

garyclashcityrocker

What was wrong with Bobby Campbell. Brought in Gerry Peyton, Richard Money, Chris Guthrie, Gordon Davies, John Beck, Peter Marinello. Blooded Margerrison, Greenaway, Tony Gale and loaned Teddy Maybank. We were a good side under him. My second favourite period after Tigana.

alexmur

moyes was my first choice although a little optimistic but I'm happy enough with Pearson. ok he is shjt with the media but players speak very highly of him and we are not going to win the championship in a press conference

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: garyclashcityrocker on November 18, 2015, 01:13:29 PM
If it does end up being Nigel Pearson - I really don't know how happy I would be. Whilst I acknowledge he did an o.k job with the Foxes and got them out of the division and kept them faltering up. I also remember how they led the division for most of the previous season before they crashed and burned. During that couple of months they couldn't buy a win.

I also watched confused over the last three seasons when he swapped centre forward's for no reason. He had Nugent, brought in Chris Martin on loan, then Woods, then Alloa, then the Croatian bloke. It looked like he was just throwing darts about hoping something would stick.

His record prior to Leicester doesn't make exceptional reading either.

I don't know if this is all just excuses though, because at heart I just don't like him much. I've always thought he was a bit arrogant and overly sure of himself. If my memory serves me right he played in that Sheffield Wednesday team created by Howard Wilkinson, another manager i detested.....perhaps that's the deep rooted reason I don't fancy him in the gaffer's chair.

He just ain't Fulham to me....the same way that Sanchez, Magath, Jol were not. Where as Clarke, Warburton, like Tigana, Stock, Adams and Campbell do and were.

If he gets it? I'll back him and support the team. But I don't know that I feel in my heart or my head that he is the right one. I don't know how many more force dawn's I can live with. We really need to get it right this time. Not close but spot on and is Pearson the answer. Really??

Agree entirely.
I will give him a clean slate.
But a Leopard doesn't change his spots and Pearson will soon show his true colours.

Still, I'll support him until that day.