watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have no idea what is going on

Started by Chutney, November 20, 2015, 09:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Graham - I think you are overstating what's possible for the handover process.

The club has a plan in place to continue to operate in the interim (Curbishly), but it is impossible for a club to outright go and secure a replacement whilst the old employee (Kit) is still in his position! At best the club can put out feelers, agents to talk to other agents etc. to find out possible interest before moving to the next stage of dismissing the incumbent and starting interviewing replacements. Doubly so if the potential replacement(s) are in work somewhere else!

Imagine in your job if your boss went "you carry on doing your job, and I expect you to keep doing well, but whilst you do that I am going to start inviting people into the office to interview them to replace you in your job. And yes you are definitely getting replaced. But make sure your quality of work doesn't drop." You would quit on the spot and sue for constructive dismissal!

Max Headroom

Take a deep breath, and relax. All will be right in the end.

Lighthouse

What little info we are getting we are getting from the press. They told us Curbs was taking over while we search for a new manager. Well that doesn't seem the case as Peter Grant was taking training and will take the side tomorrow.

So I think it is fair to say we know a little but not a lot of what is going on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: alexmur on November 20, 2015, 10:57:34 AM
my only criticism is if Clarke was our first choice it does not show much ambition considering who's available. if we had to pay 1.25 million to get Clarke surly we could just offer that to moyes as a carrot. and failing that Pearson or even Rodgers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They may have asked for 1.25 mill but we may not have been prepared to pay it and please don't mention Moyes again, it's like me wanting Ancelotti , it aint gonna happen.

alexmur

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 20, 2015, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 20, 2015, 10:57:34 AM
my only criticism is if Clarke was our first choice it does not show much ambition considering who's available. if we had to pay 1.25 million to get Clarke surly we could just offer that to moyes as a carrot. and failing that Pearson or even Rodgers

They may have asked for 1.25 mill but we may not have been prepared to pay it and please don't mention Moyes again, it's like me wanting Ancelotti , it aint gonna happen.
sure we would not have been allowed to talk to him unless a fee was agreed. and on the moyes issue I don't see why we couldn't get him. realistically we should just get Pearson and move on