watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No men on the post

Started by The Swan, November 30, 2015, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When we are defending corners in front of the Hammy End anyone sitting near me will hear me scream out that we must have men on the post.

This is the first step that a team defending a corner must do. The second thing they must do is to mark the opposition.

When I played in London as a reasonable centre half my manager always said to all defenders that we had to mark the opposition so tightly that if they f###ed you could smell the odour.

How times have changed, defenders are more interested in hugging the men they are marking.
The Swan

Rhys Lightning 63

Sean Davis pointed this out on Saturday, it's not doing the basics that really hurt ya
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

H4usuallysitting

I'm convinced we dont do any defensive drills......no one seems to know what to do or where to stand, little to no discipline

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

We just don't deliver in our own box

bill taylors apprentice

andy

Lots of teams seem to not want to put men on the posts nowadays. It is an amazing error of judgement. One man on each post would probably have saved quite a few goals this season alone.

H4usuallysitting

Problem is.....we need a man on each post in general play, not just corners & free kicks

Barrett487

We can't defend in the air at set-pieces, so have 'em piggy-back on the line for all i care!!

..FOF..

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 30, 2015, 10:30:01 PM
School boy errors, again !

As a school boy, I was taught this and was done in every match. Our unpaid coach, who happens to be a teacher too, would make sure of it.

I would say that was a kindergarten error by Fulham.

grandad

I played right back & could always be found by a post as that is where I put my fags so I could have a puff when play was up the other end.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gang

Times change with opinions, they are more interested in zonal marking nowadays this makes the man on the post redundant.

Barry White

Quote from: gang on December 01, 2015, 11:38:42 AM
Times change with opinions, they are more interested in zonal marking nowadays this makes the man on the post redundant.

it quite clearly doesn't though

PokerMatt

Mark the post zone then.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Logicalman

Quote from: grandad on December 01, 2015, 07:11:01 AM
I played right back & could always be found by a post as that is where I put my fags so I could have a puff when play was up the other end.

Did you play with Tosh regularly then?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I agree, seems less and less teams do so these days, rightly or wrongly of course.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.