watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team news - not great injury list.

Started by Lighthouse, November 26, 2015, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham will give fitness tests to a number of First Team players prior to the meeting with Preston North End on Saturday.

Ryan Fredericks and Ryan Tunnicliffe were both substituted last time out against MK Dons after picking up injuries, while several others have been nursing knocks since that 1-1 draw.

On the subject of team news, Caretaker Head Coach Peter Grant said: "Richard Stearman was struggling, Tom Cairney was struggling right at the start of the second half, Ryan Tunnicliffe you saw come off because of his hamstring, Jamie O'Hara got a hip knock, Ross McCormack an ankle injury, Ryan Fredericks had to come off at half-time with his groin, so there's a few of them that have been battling it this week.

"But the great thing is they all want to be out there on the grass. This week the physios have been making the decisions really, because football players are football players and they want to be on the pitch and playing.

"Thankfully this gang we've got here, that's what they want to do, but some of them we've had to hold back. Hopefully at least some of them will be available come the weekend.

"We'll give them until the last minute because some of them haven't been on the pitch yet, but hopefully they'll all be available for the weekend."

When asked if any of the aforementioned are serious doubts for Saturday's encounter at Craven Cottage, Grant replied: "I would say Ryan Tunnicliffe's struggling, I'd say he's the one that's right on the edge.

"Obviously with a hamstring strain you can't take any chances with it. Last week he was wanting to get back on the pitch again. But I had hamstring problems when I played and they can keep you out for a long time if you're not careful.

"We have to be careful with Ryan, and the way he plays as well, so that's one I'd say that at this moment in time is the least likely to make the game."

James Husband could return after serving a one-match ban following his sending off against Birmingham City, but fellow full-back Jazz Richards is yet to resume full training.

"Jazz has started on the grass now so he's probably a week to 10 days away from joining in the training," Grant explained. "We're pleased with the progression he's making.

"It's nice to see them all out on the grass now because the difficulty for these boys is when they're working in the gym and trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But once they start getting on the grass you can see the smile coming back on their face."

Adult tickets for Saturday's game against Preston are available from just £25, while kids can attend for just £1!
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Barry White

Whilst I wouldn't wish injury on any of our players I'm quite happy Tunniciffe isn't available for selection!

copthornemike

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 26, 2015, 02:49:49 PM
Fulham will give fitness tests to a number of First Team players prior to the meeting with Preston North End on Saturday.

Ryan Fredericks and Ryan Tunnicliffe were both substituted last time out against MK Dons after picking up injuries, while several others have been nursing knocks since that 1-1 draw.

On the subject of team news, Caretaker Head Coach Peter Grant said: “Richard Stearman was struggling, Tom Cairney was struggling right at the start of the second half, Ryan Tunnicliffe you saw come off because of his hamstring, Jamie O’Hara got a hip knock, Ross McCormack an ankle injury, Ryan Fredericks had to come off at half-time with his groin, so there’s a few of them that have been battling it this week.

“But the great thing is they all want to be out there on the grass. This week the physios have been making the decisions really, because football players are football players and they want to be on the pitch and playing.

“Thankfully this gang we’ve got here, that’s what they want to do, but some of them we’ve had to hold back. Hopefully at least some of them will be available come the weekend.

“We’ll give them until the last minute because some of them haven’t been on the pitch yet, but hopefully they’ll all be available for the weekend.”

When asked if any of the aforementioned are serious doubts for Saturday’s encounter at Craven Cottage, Grant replied: “I would say Ryan Tunnicliffe’s struggling, I’d say he’s the one that’s right on the edge.

“Obviously with a hamstring strain you can’t take any chances with it. Last week he was wanting to get back on the pitch again. But I had hamstring problems when I played and they can keep you out for a long time if you’re not careful.

“We have to be careful with Ryan, and the way he plays as well, so that’s one I’d say that at this moment in time is the least likely to make the game.”

James Husband could return after serving a one-match ban following his sending off against Birmingham City, but fellow full-back Jazz Richards is yet to resume full training.

“Jazz has started on the grass now so he’s probably a week to 10 days away from joining in the training,” Grant explained. “We’re pleased with the progression he’s making.

“It’s nice to see them all out on the grass now because the difficulty for these boys is when they’re working in the gym and trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But once they start getting on the grass you can see the smile coming back on their face.”

Adult tickets for Saturday's game against Preston are available from just £25, while kids can attend for just £1!

I went to the match vs MK Dons and certainly did not appear to be a bruising enclounter or anything like it. Just a bit (alright, felt very) cold!

westcliff white

Quote from: Barry White on November 26, 2015, 02:53:53 PM
Whilst I wouldn't wish injury on any of our players I'm quite happy Tunniciffe isn't available for selection!

He has been good for us this season in my opinion, he and O'Hara have formed a decent partnership.
Every day is a Fulham day

Barry White

Couldn't agree less, really don't rate him and he had an absolute shocker at MK dons - although granted most did.

sunburywhite

"It's nice to see them all out on the grass "

Perhaps that's why they have been playing badly .. but hey its a beautiful day
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Sounds like half the squad will only be half fit. As long as it is not the dreaded diamond I see it as 4-4-2. My fit team would be Lewis, Voser, Burn, Ream, Husband Matilla, Parker Pringle, Kaca, Smith & Dembele. I don´t want us to risk Stearman, O´Hara, Tunnicliffe, Cairney & McCormack.
Where there's a will there's a wife

@jolslover

STH H3

copthornemike

The one which is most concerning Fredericks - has he actually been able to start two matches in a row yet?

Great shame as his pace has been one of the positives of the season so far in defense and attack.

Even if he starts I wonder if he will last the 90 minutes or has started less than 100% fit!

Tempest

Hopefully it means players not given an opportunity for whatever reason now have the chance to shine, could be a blessing
Live in Falmouth!