watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Riverside Stand and manager

Started by win-dup, November 29, 2015, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

How can people still believe that the pathetically pony-tailed Ernie Khan is serious about ever building a new stand when the clown can't even arrange a smooth transition (or any transition come to that) to a new manager?

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

Yes lets get anyone in so we can chant and get them out again!

Fulham76

Quote from: Andy S on November 29, 2015, 11:53:54 AM
Yes lets get anyone in so we can chant and get them out again!

Worryingly we can't get 'anyone' in, no one wants to come here. Whether that's the package offered, the head coach set up, I don't know but no one seems interested in taking the job.

As for the stadium development... Who knows, the club doesn't speak to its fans.

gang

I think it may be a bit of pride by these managers they like the title manager, the coach is often seen as second in charge.

grandad

You are well out of order Win-Dup. I would like you to talk to him face to face in those terms. You should be banned from this forum for being so abusive.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: grandad on November 29, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
You are well out of order Win-Dup. I would like you to talk to him face to face in those terms. You should be banned from this forum for being so abusive.

Crikey, if you think that's bad, go on Cottage Corner or, god forbid, FulhamWeb. Embarrassing.

As it stands I don't see too much wrong with what Win-Dup has said.

Given the utter utter (and yes it deserves a second utter) shambles our club is in, do you REALLY see Khan honoring the plan to expand the Riverside Stand?

It would only be worth it if we were in the Prem again...and does that look likely under Khan's custody? Does it hell! Only yesterday was I sat in my seat i H2 looking at the Riverside stand thinking how massive it will be once finished...and then I woke up.

AINT GONNA HAPPEN whilst we are in the Championship. The club can tell the FST what they like, I will believe it when I see it.

Wimbledon_White

Oh and don't forget, we couldn't start work last year..."cos we couldnt order the steel in time".

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on November 29, 2015, 11:42:12 AM
Here we go again....... 096.gig

You are out of order!
The reason for the discontent is so obvious I don't have to go into details here.

There are many on here who disagree on various issues but are as one on the continuing self inflicted shambles our club finds itself in.

Its easy to use disparaging words on line and Its wise not to resort to that kind of language but anyone who's been on this forum for a few years will have seen honest, decent folk driven to distraction by the mess our club has got itself in.

Nothing but failure has been achieved since Khan took over (don't give me crap about MAF not investing) the structure was sound with some work needed to stop any rot setting in but he has made mistake after mistake and let the roof cave in. 

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 29, 2015, 01:09:52 PM
Oh and don't forget, we couldn't start work last year..."cos we couldnt order the steel in time".

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!
The club have never said that and I suggest   you look at the latest H&F planning page. Only at end of last month permission has been given to start the preparations on the riverbank. Of which there is a lot to do before a brick gets put down.

The steel remark is from people worried about the contractor not in place in time but they never had the licence to do work in the river then anyway.

Now its not only the FST who have been told its getting done, in the early season video CEO said and also on train back from Rotherham he told many fans.

Will it get built ...I don't know, but all things point to work starting in May.

MJG

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 29, 2015, 01:20:18 PM

You are out of order!
The reason for the discontent is so obvious I don't have to go into details here.

There are many on here who disagree on various issues but are as one on the continuing self inflicted shambles our club finds itself in.

Its easy to use disparaging words on line and Its wise not to resort to that kind of language but anyone who's been on this forum for a few years will have seen honest, decent folk driven to distraction by the mess our club has got itself in.

Nothing but failure has been achieved since Khan took over (don't give me crap about MAF not investing) the structure was sound with some work needed to stop any rot setting in but he has made mistake after mistake and let the roof cave in. 
you can't not put some blame on MAF, the evidence is there that decisions he made led to problems we had. Its a whole combination of people and factors that had led to this position.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on November 29, 2015, 01:22:25 PM

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!
The club have never said that and I suggest   you look at the latest H&F planning page. Only at end of last month permission has been given to start the preparations on the riverbank. Of which there is a lot to do before a brick gets put down.

The steel remark is from people worried about the contractor not in place in time but they never had the licence to do work in the river then anyway.

Now its not only the FST who have been told its getting done, in the dearly video CEO said and also on train back from Rotherham he told many fans.

Will it get built ...I don't know, but all things point to work starting in May.
yes, it seems like we are spending a lot of time effort and money on something that they had no intention of going ahead with. I'm still hopefully this will happen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J

Worryingly we can't get 'anyone' in, no one wants to come here. Whether that's the package offered, the head coach set up, I don't know but no one seems interested in taking the job.
[/quote]

That is simply not true, there have been a number of potential candidates publicly put themselves forward for the position (Pearce, Carver, Curbishly), the whole reason we haven't got an appointment is because we are not happy with just "anyone".

Wimbledon_White

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!
The club have never said that and I suggest   you look at the latest H&F planning page. Only at end of last month permission has been given to start the preparations on the riverbank. Of which there is a lot to do before a brick gets put down.

Now its not only the FST who have been told its getting done, in the early season video CEO said and also on train back from Rotherham he told many fans.

Sorry Mike; not a dig at the FST. I am just saying I will believe it when I see it, irrespective of what they are publically saying now.

With respect, Ali Mac is hardly going to say anything other than "plans still going ahead" when quizzed by fans at an away game is he?

I suspect the club will issue a "Sorry but circumstances beyond our control have forced us to park this project for now, we will revisit it in due course".

@FulhamBen
The money we've spent thus far is pennies compared to what we'll spend in actually building the thing. I would suggest all bets are off until we see ground being broken. Until then, everything just sounds like the club are trying to kid a lot of kidders.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 29, 2015, 02:14:08 PM

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!

Sorry Mike; not a dig at the FST. I am just saying I will believe it when I see it, irrespective of what they are publically saying now.

With respect, Ali Mac is hardly going to say anything other than "plans still going ahead" when quizzed by fans at an away game is he?

I suspect the club will issue a "Sorry but circumstances beyond our control have forced us to park this project for now, we will revisit it in due course".

@FulhamBen
The money we've spent thus far is pennies compared to what we'll spend in actually building the thing. I would suggest all bets are off until we see ground being broken. Until then, everything just sounds like the club are trying to kid a lot of kidders.
but if they have no intention then why keep up the charade? And why is Ali Mac still with us as the cottage expansion is his primary job is it not.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2015, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 29, 2015, 02:14:08 PM

PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!!

@FulhamBen
but if they have no intention then why keep up the charade? And why is Ali Mac still with us as the cottage expansion is his primary job is it not.

Alas I don't have the answers. I guess I should be more considerate to the club (I usually defend them to the hilt...none of us know the inner workings properly) however I just can't see how the club can justify the expense when we are nowhere near capacity in the Championship. If we were still in the Prem then I wouldn't think like this....it would be justified and affordable with the new TV money.

Surely Ali Mac's role is more than just the Riverside Development? He is the CEO, he oversees all non-football related activities. FFC is a complex business and I am sure his role is still huge...he just doesn't necessary do any player or manager acquisitions anymore.

Anywya...I guess I just got out of the bed on the wrong side today. I am a right grumpy old bugger today. Apologies.

Baszab

How about spending the stadium money on some players/manager/coaching staff capable of getting us promoted ? (yes I know FPP etc)

If the club are serious after sacking KS, then spend a fortune and get some top coaches in  - their wages would be peanuts cw cost of a new stand

Otherwise we will have a great ground full to about 8,000 playing third division football soon

Roberty

Quote from: Baszab on November 29, 2015, 02:49:28 PM
How about spending the stadium money on some players/manager/coaching staff capable of getting us promoted ? (yes I know FPP etc)

If the club are serious after sacking KS, then spend a fortune and get some top coaches in  - their wages would be peanuts cw cost of a new stand

Otherwise we will have a great ground full to about 8,000 playing third division football soon

If you know about FFP, you've answered your own question - investment to build the stand would not be restricted by FFP limits

The cost to build the new stand is chicken feed when comparison to what Khan spent when he brought the club and if is going to take two seasons to complete it needs to be started before we get there and not afterwards
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulham Tup North

Here we go again.......  

You are out of order!
hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just wish some people would change the record occasionally.
Do people not get sick of moaning?
Must be the weather.  090.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulham traveller

I was in the camp until 10 days ago, this is not going never in a million years, then bizarrely I was at the England v France  game, in the the club Wembley seats, got talking to guy next to me, just asked him what he did for a living, he said he builds temporary stands, I said ffc have had them in the past, then he said we are doing the temporary directors boxes etc, whilst the new stand goes up, I said we won't spend the money, he replied they are using the parachute money to pay for it,  and he said they would not get my company on board unless they meant business, I am still in the see in when I believe it camp, but they gave me confidence