Author Topic: Seri  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Twig

• Gentleman Jim
Re: Seri
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 08:22:18 PM »
He’s head and shoulders the best ball-playing midfield player in the division

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.
  Twig - I suspect this may be a bit of a dilemma. I see both as playmakers, ie performing the same role. In the premier it didn't work with both of them in the same side. If I remember correctly Ranieri moved Cearney to right-midfield/wing and that didn't work either. So this will be something for the Silva to work on and hopefully sort as a fit Cearney is a tremendous player in the Championship.  And I agree with MartyFFC that Seri at the moment is head and shoulders above any other midfielder in the division .. that I've seen in any case.

One thing I think we can all agree, it’s a fantastic conundrum to have!

Offline Whitesideup

• Legend
« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:06:40 AM »
He’s head and shoulders the best ball-playing midfield player in the division

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.
  Twig - I suspect this may be a bit of a dilemma. I see both as playmakers, ie performing the same role. In the premier it didn't work with both of them in the same side. If I remember correctly Ranieri moved Cearney to right-midfield/wing and that didn't work either. So this will be something for the Silva to work on and hopefully sort as a fit Cearney is a tremendous player in the Championship.  And I agree with MartyFFC that Seri at the moment is head and shoulders above any other midfielder in the division .. that I've seen in any case.

One thing I think we can all agree, it’s a fantastic conundrum to have!
  And potentially a great alternative option when Seri is away on African Cup duties ???
« Last Edit: Today at 12:09:44 AM by Whitesideup »

Offline perry geyton

• Legend
« Reply #22 on: Today at 12:49:36 AM »
Reed, Seri & Cairney could well be the ultimate midfield