more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff 04.08.10

Started by os5889, August 04, 2010, 08:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Luke Young On Way To Fulham? + Other Transfer Talk

A little birdie just told me that Luke Young may well be on his way for talks concerning a move to Fulham. Now I can't hang my hat on this rumour and I do like to be clear on 'itk' stuff but seems there could be some substance to this. I hope, if he hasn't a chance of getting back into the Villa team, that he does get sorted, I don't think he ever let us down and will no doubt get a good reception from the Villa faithful if he returns with another club.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7505136#ixzz0ve9RG13Y

os5889

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/127767-iranian-midfielder-poised-to-join-blackburn-rovers.html

Iranian midfielder poised to join Blackburn Rovers

Former Bolton Wanderers and Fulham FC midfielder Andranik Teymourian is ready to sign for Blackburn Rovers.

The Lancashire Telegraph claims the Iranian midfielder has already undergone a medical.

The move now seems to hang on whether Teymourian can obtain a work permit and it is understood that no further talks will be held until this issue is resolved.

Teymourian's representatives are confident obtaining a work permit will not be an issue though and are hopeful a deal can be finalised "very soon".

Sources close to the player, said: "We are hopeful something can be sorted very soon.

"He has had his medical and has had his work permit tests."

os5889

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/08/04/hughes-refuses-to-panic-over-new-signings-64767-26995886/

Hughes refuses to panic over new signings

MARK Hughes insists he's still got enough time to land his transfer targets.

Fulham have signed just Philippe Senderos since the season ended almost three months ago.

However, with the big Premier League kick-off against Bolton less just 10 days away, Hughes is refusing to press the panic button as he bids to make his mark in SW6.

He said: "Ideally, I would've been in place before pre-season but that wasn't possible.

"But we've still got two weeks until the start of the season and another two weeks left of the window after that."

os5889

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fulham/37720/mark-hughes-better-than-bugger-roy-hodgson-al-fayeds-pathetic-rant.html

Mark Hughes Better Than 'Bugger' Roy Hodgson – Al Fayed's Pathetic Rant

By Ollie Irish

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed has attacked Roy Hodgson for walking out on the Cottagers to join Liverpool.

Al Fayed said: "We gave him [Hodgson] all the support, we believed in him and he let us down. It's no problem because Mark [Hughes, the new Fulham manager] is much better. He's better looking too.

"Roy disappointed the fans, he disappointed the players, he was just a bugger.

"I did everything for him, to help him. But that's his character. He can't help it. I forgive him, anyhow and I'm sure he's going to take Liverpool downhill."

Quite how Hodgson disappointed the fans by is a mystery to me. I was under the impression he had just led Fulham to their most spectacular couple of seasons ever? Perhaps it was all a dream.

Al Fayed does neither himself – nor Hughes – any favours with this bitter, spiteful rant. The Egyptian relic should shut the hell up if all he's capable of is spewing forth bile.

Oh, and Hodgson is clearly a much better manager than Hughes. If anything, it's Hughes who will take Fulham downhill, while Liverpool stabilise under Uncle Woy.

os5889

http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Football/Germany-keeper-Timo-Hildebrand-keen-on-Premier-League-move-201008040078/

Germany keeper Timo Hildebrand keen on Premier League move

German goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand would welcome a move to England, according to the player's agent.

The 31-year-old is a free agent following his departure from Hoffenheim at the end of last season, and both Wigan and Fulham are reportedly keen to land the Germany international.

Agent Martin Stopper said: "He is very keen to challenge himself in the English game.

"Hildebrand feels the time is right to play in the Premier League."

The goalkeeper, capped seven times, began his career with Stuttgart, making over 200 appearances for the Bundesliga side before a failed move to Valencia in 2007.

Hildebrand lasted just 18 months with the Spanish side and, in search of regular first-team football, left to join Hoffenheim.

os5889

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/833/Top_Ten_Starlets_that_didnt_deliver_in_England.aspx

Top Ten: Starlets that didn't deliver in England
Liam Britnell

Danny Cadamarteri: The young England hopeful was a product of the Everton youth academy, and made his debut in 1996 against Chelsea. He was born to a mother of Italian descent and a Jamaican father. He went on to make 92 apperances for Everton in six years scoring just eight times. In which time he made three appearances for England U21's.
After a loan move to Fulham in 1999, Danny was forced to take a hiatus from the beautiful game after he was found guilty for assault, he was subsequently fined £2,000 and told he was to leave Goodison Park. He left the Toffee's to go to Bradford City where he was for two years, scoring five goals, before a brief stint at Sheffield United and a second spell at Bradford.
Cadamarteri then slipped off the radar as he fell into the lower divisions, playing for Grays Athletic. A few more clubs were still to come, including Leicester City, a loan spell at Doncaster Rovers and Huddersfield Town. Danny Cadamarteri is currently at Dundee Utd, where he has scored 4 times in 21 appearances for the Scottish side.

Giles Barnes: Barnes joined Derby County in 2005 on his 17th birthday, after now Hull City manager Phil Brown was impressed by the youngsters' trial as a trainee. Giles made his debut later that year coming on as a late sub in defeat to Grimsby Town.
There was a lot of hype surrounding the young Derby midfielder from the off, as he began to establish himself in the side and this led to attention from the Premier League.
Barnes had a decent spell for Derby in the Premier League after they were promoted via the Playoff's in 2007. He won Derby's young player of the year for the 2006-07 season, before the injuries started to mount up.
After a unsuccessful loan spell at Fulham, he returned to Derby only to get injured in a pre-season friendly against Stoke. He trained with Birmingham City for a short while before a move to West Bromwich Albion was settled in January of this year.

Ian Selley:  Starting his career at Arsenal as a trainee, he made his debut against Blackburn Rovers in 1992 aged 18. He made around 50 appearances for the Gunners, his most famous coming against Parma in the 1994 European Cup Winners Cup Final, in which he was the youngest player on the field.
Unfortunately for Selley, he broke his leg in 1995, and despite rumours of Arsene Wenger wanting him to play a role in his new squad, he was sold to Fulham in 1997. After just three games for the Cottagers, lightning struck twice as Ian broke his leg and was once again moved along by his employers.
After loan spells from Wimbledon to Southend United, the inevitable lower leagues came calling. He played 97 games for Woking scoring 19, before moves to Lewes, Grays Athletic, Maidstone United, Dorchester Town and currently Havant & Waterlooville.

os5889

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-london-sport/hayesandyeading/2010/08/04/ex-fulham-and-barnet-goalkeeper-ready-for-comeback-at-hayes-113046-26995071/

Ex-Fulham and Barnet goalkeeper ready for comeback at Hayes
Aug 4 2010 By Chris Slavin

NEW number one Lee Harrison has assured Hayes & Yeading fans that he is in great shape to make a comeback at the age of 38.
Manager Garry Haylock's five-month pursuit of the former Barnet favourite finally ended at the weekend when he signed on the dotted line at Church Road for next season.
But Harrison's lack of match practice – his last competitive first-team appearance was for Barnet against Luton on April 18, 2009 – has led Hayes & Yeading fans to question the move.
However, Harrison, who spent his more recent times at Underhill as a goalkeeping coach, has no such concerns.

"I have played behind closed doors matches and kept myself fit," said the ex-Fulham goalkeeper, whose second spell with the Cottagers came to an end in 1996. "With less than two weeks until the start of the season, I have been getting fitter with every game.
"I have been injury-free and I do not have a problem with starting the season against Bath City. We have some inexperience at the back and they need a voice to help them through, one of the things I am good at is talking to players during the game and I am sure I can benefit them."
Harrison, who will have a testimonial match for Barnet against Tottenham Hotspur after over 300 league appearances at Underhill, says it was the lure of full-time football at Hayes that attracted him.
"It is important for me to be a part of a full-time set-up after 20 years as a professional," said Harrison, who will continue coaching at Dagenham & Redbridge. "You are a long-time retired and I would sooner keep playing.
"I like Garry's plans and it excites me to be a part of a club that is going full-time for the first time."

os5889

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/new-liverpool-boss-deserves-more-respect-than-that

New Liverpool boss deserves more respect than that
It is wrong to suggest Roy Hodgson 'took advantage' of Fulham
By Dave Smith  August 04, 2010

It always annoys me when people take cheap shots at others who they have worked with and praised previously, but have then chosen to move on to further their careers.

One major case in point is that concerning Roy Hodgson and Fulham, whose outspoken owner Mohamed Al Fayed yesterday took an unfair pop at the man who led the Cottagers to the Europa League Final.

Who could blame veteran boss Roy, one of the nicest men in the game, for taking up the invitation to manage Liverpool at this stage of his career?

And who could question the job he did at Craven Cottage? He produced and developed a quality team, leaving Mark Hughes with an excellent squad with which to work.

He also conducted himself with the utmost dignity and respect at all times; both whilst he was in charge and in the aftermath of his departure.

Which is why I was surprised to hear the comments of Mr Al Fayed who, having appointed Hughes as Hodgson's successor, said of Roy: "He inherited a great team which had fantastic results but unfortunately this guy (Hodgson), after we put him where he is now, he took advantage and left us. But good luck to him, good luck to Liverpool."

Surely there's no need for comments like that about one of the most respected managers in the game, especially after all he's done for Fulham.

os5889

http://www.fansfc.com/story/23286.html

McGregor ready to deliver Fulham snub
11:30 AM 04 August, 2010
Allan McGregor is keen to remain at Rangers Football Club.

Mark Hughes still fears Mark Schwarzer could join Arsenal this summer, which would leave Fulham in the market for a replacement goalkeeper.

Reports suggest the Craven Cottage manager, who was officially unveiled at the club this week, has set his sights on a move for McGregor.

However, The Scotsman claim the Scotland international would turn his back on the Premier League side, as he intends to remain at Ibrox

os5889

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/west-ham-united/defender-hopes-dashed-1083017.html

Defender hopes dashed
Last Updated: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:37

Mark Hughes has made it clear that he has no intention of selling his top stars and that includes Hammers target Paul Konchesky.
Avram Grant had been keen to add the left back to the Hammers squad but the chances look to be slim after their new boss Hughes said he would not be selling the likes of Konchesky or Mark Schwarzer who has been linked to Arsenal.

Hughes has made it clear he is not going to sell his best players, he said: "There is always interest in quality players and it is not my intention to allow the betters players leave the football club."

"We are in a position where we don't have to sell our better players.

"We want to progress and you want to have the better players, so I suggest the two players you mention will still be Fulham players by the end of the window."

os5889

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300208/Fulham-West-Ham-Dusan-Pernis-goalkeeper-eyes-Premier-League-chance.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Fulham and West Ham to move for Dusan Pernis as goalkeeper eyes Premier League chance

Dundee United goalkeeper Dusan Pernis has alerted Fulham and West Ham to has availability by announcing his hope to secure a move to the Premier League.

The Slovakian World Cup stopper is being tracked by the London clubs who are seeking reinforcements for different reasons. Fulham are set to lose Mark Schwarzer to Arsenal while the Hammers' No 1, Rob Green, could suffer a World Cup hangover after his gaffe for England against the USA in South Africa.

Both clubs sent scouts to watch the 25-year-old in action against Hull earlier this month but are yet to follow up their interest following the 2-1 defeat.

'I have heard the rumours but I don't know anything about any offers from those clubs,' Pernis said. 'Of course it's great to have those kinds of teams interested in me.

'And I always said I came to Scotland to move closer to my dream which was to play in the English Premier League.

'But I am young, I'm 25 and I have plenty of time to do that in the future. I am a Dundee United player and happy with that.

'It has also helped me go to the World Cup with my country, which was a fantastic achievement.

'I feel I can continue to become a better goalkeeper here - I do not have to leave.'

Pernis was a near ever-present for the Tangerines after joining them in January, and helped them to a third-placed finish behind the usual big two of Celtic and Rangers.

os5889

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/sport/HULL-CITY-Tigers-linked-Simpson/article-2489049-detail/article.html

HULL CITY: Tigers linked to Arsenal striker Jay Simpson

HULL City are interested in signing Arsenal's young striker, Jay Simpson for £1.2m, according to today's Daily Mirror.

The 21-year-old is thought to have 12 months left on his current contract at the Emirates.

Despite netting twice in a friendly against Barnet last month, Simpson was left out of Arsenal's pre-season visit to Austria.

Having slipped down the strikers' pecking order at the Gunners, it could pave the way for the former England junior international to either go out on loan or be sold.

That has alerted a string of clubs to his availability, with Bristol City, QPR, Leicester, Celtic, Blackpool, Fulham, Millwall, Leeds and Nottingham Forest all linked with the player over the last month.

The Arsenal academy product is no stranger to the Championship, having scored 12 goals in 39 appearances for QPR last season.

Given the club's financial situation, it would appear very unlikely City could fork out £1m-plus for the striker.

However, with the Tigers hoping to wrap up a loan deal for Spurs' youngster John Bostock before Saturday's Championship opener against Swansea, a similar loan move for Simpson might not be beyond the realms of possibility.

It is no secret the Tigers are hunting a striker in this transfer window, having seen the likes of Jozy Altidore and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink leave the club and Kamel Ghilas go out on loan so far this summer.

Daniel Cousin is also expected to head for the exit door before this weekend.

Simpson would appear to fit Tigers' bill – if the deal is right.

os5889

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Blades-Statue-immortalises-former-Sheffield.6454989.jp

Blades: Statue immortalises former Sheffield United star

Unveiling: Hettie Shaw and her family unveil a statue of her husband Sheffield United legend Joe Shaw at Bramall Lane.

SHEFFIELD United star Joe Shaw's widow Hettie said the new statue of her late husband outside Bramall Lane was a "lovely" tribute to the late footballer.
Blades legend Shaw, who made more than 700 senior outings for the club, was the trusty bulwark of the United defence in the 1950s and 60s.

He has been immortalised alongside fellow hero Derek Dooley.

Their statues were unveiled in a joint ceremony last weekend.
Hettie, who lives at Dronfield Woodhouse, attended the event with seven members of the family.

They included their two daughters. The eldest, Pam, had flown in from Ireland, where she now lives.

Hettie said: "It was a big occasion. There were hundreds of United supporters at the unveiling despite it pouring down with rain.

"The statue is lovely and all the family agree. It's a credit to the sculptor, Paul Vanstone."

After retiring, Shaw, who died in 2007, coached briefly at Bramall Lane and was then manager of York City and later Fulham's chief scout. He spent three years with Third Division Chesterfield.

os5889

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04082010/63/hughes-pushes-zamora-england-claims.html

Hughes pushes Zamora's England claims

New Fulham boss Mark Hughes has vowed to help Bobby Zamora break into the England side as quickly as possible.
Zamora enjoyed arguably the finest season of his career last term and was linked with a call-up to Fabio Capello's provisional squad for this summer's World Cup.
An Achilles injury ended any hope the 29-year-old had of forcing his way onto the plane for South Africa but the subsequent retirement of Emile Heskey has opened up one of England's striking berths for next week's friendly against Hungary.
Hughes, who was officially unveiled as Fulham manager after signing a two-year contract last week, is excited about working with Zamora and hopes to see him gain senior international recognition soon.
"Let's hope so - it's down to Bobby," Hughes said.
"We'll give him every opportunity to show what he can do. If he plays well for Fulham then he may get recognition at international level."

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_6294562,00.html

Tigana glad to be back

Bordeaux boss beaming ahead of new season

Jean Tigana admits he is delighted to have returned to his spiritual home as the new manager of Bordeaux.

The former France international was announced as Laurent Blanc's successor back in May, bringing to an end a three-year absence from management.

Tigana has been out of the game since parting company with Turkish outfit Besiktas in 2007.

Before that he enjoyed considerable success as manager of Fulham, Monaco and Lyon.

He is delighted to have experienced life away from his homeland, but insists he has no desire to leave France again.

Tigana hopes he is just starting out on what will become a long-running relationship with Bordeaux, a club that means more to him than most.

In the 1980s he was an integral part of a side which dominated French football, making over 250 appearances for the club during an eight-year stint.

"I had many propositions, but my desire was to go abroad," he told L'Equipe on his decision to join Fulham in 2000.

"It is something you have to experience. England and then Turkey were very enriching, but there was also a lot of pressure.

"Going abroad is now done for me. I have been through that already.

"Bordeaux is my club. They have won six national titles, three with me, and three French Cups, two with me. I am a little part of this club's history. To come back has been very emotional."

Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud insists Tigana was always the club's preferred choice once Blanc announced that he was to take the reins of the France national side.

"We never lost our desire to sign him," he said.

"We thought about the option for several years. As a replacement for Laurent Blanc, he was our first choice.

"He was not difficult to convince. We had a phone call, we met and it was all sorted in 15 minutes.

"We wanted to hire a coach with a strong character, with a lot of titles to his name and an impressive CV as a coach."

os5889

Jack Wolfskin become new sponsor of Fulham FC

German outdoor clothing outfitter, Jack Wolfskin, continues its successful campaign to increase brand awareness in the United Kingdom with its commitment to sponsor English Premier League club Fulham FC, during the next two seasons.  The relationship extends to significant presence on LED perimeter advertising and Jack Wolfskin branding throughout the Club's varied executions.

'The decision to approach the long-standing club from London's West End is in keeping with our goals of increasing brand recognition in the UK and supporting our sales activities in the London Metropolitan Area'. Explained Manfred Hell, Managing Director of Jack Wolfskin GmbH & Co. KGaA.

He continued: 'Fulham, as the oldest, continuously active professional club in London, has a long history of tradition, embodied in the time-honoured and unique Craven Cottage Stadium. The partnership with Fulham FC forms plays an important role in promoting the Jack Wolfskin brand in the UK and we very much look forward to working with the Cottagers.'

As the most important football league in the world, the Premier League has an immense drawing power which Jack Wolfskin, a company operating on a global scale, can use to its full advantage.  Having reached last year's European League final, Fulham made a strong impression internationally and, as it enters its tenth successive season, is an established name in the Premier League.

Alistair Mackintosh, CEO Fulham Football Club added:

We are delighted to welcome Jack Wolfskin to Fulham at this very exciting time in the Club's progression. We enjoyed arguably our most successful ever season in 2009/10 and the Chairman and the board are determined that we continue with ambition and drive. Attracting partners of the calibre of Jack Wolfskin, is a reflection of our success, both on and off the pitch.'

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/JackWolfskin.aspx#ixzz0veIBtsZP

os5889

Countdown to Tomorrow's Home Kit Launch

The Club will be launching the brand new 2010/11 Fulham Home Kit from Kappa this Thursday 5th August and you could be the first to pick one up in either of the Club stores located on Fulham Road and Craven Cottage.  Kappa, a leading brand in European sportswear, has developed this innovative Home shirt for the Fulham Football Club squad at its Kappa R&D centre in Turin, Italy, to the finest quality and design standards.  The home kit this year is more than just a replica, it is of the exact standards worn by the First Team.

The new kit continues in Fulham's traditional black and white, and incorporates the well-known Omini Kappa logo of the back-to-back male and female silhouette.

Can't make it to the Fulham stores before Saturday?  Then why not pick your brand new Fulham Home Kit before this Saturday's friendly against Werder Bremen at Craven Cottage.  Buy your match tickets today.

Billboard Campaign Launched in London

The Club would also like to make fans aware that it will also be supporting the new Kappa home shirt with an extensive outdoor campaign in the form of billboards in various locations throughout South West London starting this week and through to the start of the Barclays Premier League season on 14th August.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/HomeKitCountdown.aspx#ixzz0veIZZv8R

os5889

Seatwave Fulham Ticket Exchange Now Open

With Fulham v Manchester United now sold out, Seatwave, Fulham's Official Ticket Exchange, is now open for this game.  If you're a Season Ticket Holder and can't attend this match, you can sell your ticket via Seatwave to another Fulham Season Ticket Holder or Member and you'll even get some money back!

For those short of a match ticket, the exchange will give Fulham Members & Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to get hold of genuine match tickets safely and securely.

Using the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange couldn't be easier:

Log on at www.seatwave.com/fulhamfc and activate your Fulham FC account. You will need your client reference number then simply follow the prompts.
Select the Manchester United match and list your ticket for sale.
Fulham FC Season Ticket Holders and Members can browse the site for your available tickets.
If your ticket sells, your season ticket for that match will be deactivated and the buyer will be sent a paper ticket (there's no need to hand over your card).
You will be reimbursed for your ticket directly into your bank account. (Your season ticket cost divided by 19, less a 10% + VAT seller's service charge). If your ticket does not sell you will be notified before the fixture.
For more information on the exchange please visit http://www.seatwave.com/fulhamfc/ticket-exchange/FAQ

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/ManUSeatwave.aspx#ixzz0veIesrNc

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8885690.stm

Ghana omit Essien & Muntari for South Africa friendly

Michael Essien and Inter Milan's Sulley Muntari are among the big names missing from the Ghana squad to face South Africa in a friendly next week.
But Black Cats coach Milovan Rajevac has named a strong squad, including 12 of the players who reached the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup.
On Monday, Essien played his first game for for his club Chelsea since the start of 2010 after a knee injury.
No reasons have been given for leaving out Muntari and Fulham's John Pantsil.
The Black Stars reached the last eight of the World Cup for the first time in their history in July and only missed out on a place in the semi-finals after losing to Uruguay in a penalty shoot-out.
Rajevac has called up Cofie Bekoe, Harrison Afful, Bernard Kumordzi, Haminu Draman, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu and Yaw Antwi in an 18-man list named for Wednesday's clash in Johannesburg.
The match will be played at Soccer City - the scene of the World Cup final and venue of the Black Stars loss to Uruguay.
Also included is Andre 'Dede' Ayew one of the stars of the Black Stars World Cup campaign who has been linked with a move away from French champions Marseille.
Reports in a German newspaper claim he has signed for Bundesliga side VFB Stuttgart, despite Marseille coach Didier Deschamps insisting the 20-year-old is part of his plans in the coming season.
Ghana Team:
Goalkeepers: Richard Kingson (unattached), Daniel Agyei (Liberty Professionals).
Defenders: Samuel Inkoom (Basel, Switzerland), Harrison Afful (Esperance, Tunisia), John Mensah (Lyon, France), Lee Addy (Bechem Chelsea), Jonathan Mensah (Granada, Spain).
Midfielders: Anthony Annan (Rosenborg, Norway), Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese, Italy), Kwadwo Asamoah (Udinese, Italy), Andre Ayew (Marseille, France), Kevin-Prince Boateng (Portsmouth, England), Cofie Bekoe (Petrojet, Egypt), Bernard Kumordz (Panionios FC, Greece).
Strikers: Asamoah Gyan (Rennes, France), Dominic Adiyiah (AC Milan, Italy), Haminu Draman(Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Yaw Antwi (FK Vojvodina, Serbia).

os5889

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04082010/63/davis-misses-premier-league.html

Davis misses Premier League

Rangers midfielder Steven Davis admits he misses playing in the Premier League.
The Northern Ireland international joined Walter Smith's side from Fulham in 2008 in a £3million move after a successful loan spell at the club he supported as a schoolboy.
Davis, 25, is one of Rangers' most saleable assets and his revelation will do little to calm the nerves of Light Blues fans who have already seen six players leave the cash-strapped club this summer.
The former Aston Villa midfielder, preparing for Saturday's friendly against Newcastle United at Ibrox, insists the solution to his frustrations would be for the Old Firm to move to England - but accepts that is an unlikely scenario.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss playing Premier League-standard teams every week and it would be hard not to miss it," said Davis, who has been recently linked with Everton.
"Without being disrespectful to the SPL, I think everybody connected with Rangers would like nothing more than to be taking on sides of that calibre all the time. That's why we find our pre-season games against the big English sides so enjoyable. It's a real opportunity for us to show what we're capable of."