more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

my position

Started by andy, December 05, 2015, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

There seems to be doubt on other threads
I am totally against the board, they seem to be incompetent as evidenced by endless avooidable errors that are killing us.

I believe that the owner wants what is best but is out of his depth. He needs to get in a new more capable board and CEO that know how to show leadership of the right kind like Keegan.

Regarding the manager. I didn't think Kit was the long term solution but to release him with nobody immediately ready in place and to let JFH slip through our fingers show they are hopeless.

I do feel we are much more likely to go down this or next season than make even the top half. I see nothing that gives me any confidence in our current leadership.
I hope that is 100% clear.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The Board was set up by the owner with the CEO, the finance director and the President of the Jaguars so there is no footballing background. It seems to be restricted to concerns with business matters.

Anyway footballing matters, including the selection of the Head Coach, are now in the hands of the Director of football who speaks directly with the owner.

So the Board have little to do with our current problems and changing the Board will have no or little impact.

andy

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 05, 2015, 09:30:07 PM
The Board was set up by the owner with the CEO, the finance director and the President of the Jaguars so there is no footballing background. It seems to be restricted to concerns with business matters.

Anyway footballing matters, including the selection of the Head Coach, are now in the hands of the Director of football who speaks directly with the owner.

So the Board have little to do with our current problems and changing the Board will have no or little impact.

I include Mr Rigg. I was uneasy about his approach from the three man video in summer. Every time I hear him speak my heart sinks. It is all of them, he and the board in their entirety seem to have no grasp of what needs to be done. High pay no results!

GrahamG

Totally incompetent - all of them. Rigg makes me cringe when I hear him speak. I don't believe that Kit should ever have been appointed but to sack him without a feasible successor is just hopeless. From the moment that Fayed negotiated the takeover with Khan it is as if the club has a death wish.

Twig

Am I correct in my understanding that Rigg is on the Board?  Even if that were not the case the Board as a collective must shoulder the blame for our situation.  Just because some (most?) do not have footballing backgrounds in no way renders them immune from responsibility for the performance of the club for which they have ultimate responsibility.

If changing the Board would have little effect on our performance as a club (not one Saturday but ur results and performance ling term), then what is the point of them?

Classic94

Rigg, Curbishley, Mackintosh... I literally have no idea what any of them do? However, given that we find ourselves 16th in the league with no manager, a substandard coaching setup and a demotivated group of players, I would suggest all three are disposable. Proof is in the pudding and Khan needs to get his house in order. The man is presiding over a circus at present.

H4usuallysitting

Mr Rigg keeps talking a good job, but appears to be trying to micro manage everything football - I'm hoping whoever our next coach/manager is has a strong determined character otherwise we will be going around in a somewhat vicious circle

andy

Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2015, 07:13:35 AM
Am I correct in my understanding that Rigg is on the Board?  Even if that were not the case the Board as a collective must shoulder the blame for our situation.  Just because some (most?) do not have footballing backgrounds in no way renders them immune from responsibility for the performance of the club for which they have ultimate responsibility.

If changing the Board would have little effect on our performance as a club (not one Saturday but ur results and performance ling term), then what is the point of them?

They have a massive influence in that they effectively run the club and if things are going wrong and they fail to take the necessary or otherwise effective remidial action then they are totally to blame. Mr Rigg can be on or off the board but should also be relieved of his overpaid duties.

andy

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 06, 2015, 08:49:27 AM
Mr Rigg keeps talking a good job, but appears to be trying to micro manage everything football - I'm hoping whoever our next coach/manager is has a strong determined character otherwise we will be going around in a somewhat vicious circle

I do not agree, and that is my opinion. as soon as he said we need a 'head coach' it confirmed my suspicion he doesn't have a clue.

If he really knew what he was up to Curbs would be the caretaker manager by now, just like QPR sensibly appointed Warnock.

bill taylors apprentice

Curbishley would have been the obvious choice but now Symons has gone Curbs role is redundant and Rigg wants him gone I'm sure.

So it would be embarrassing to ditch him once the the new "head coach" and his "assistant"  arrive.