more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luke Young On Way To Fulham?

Started by os5889, August 04, 2010, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Luke Young On Way To Fulham?

A little birdie just told me that Luke Young may well be on his way for talks concerning a move to Fulham. Now I can't hang my hat on this rumour and I do like to be clear on 'itk' stuff but seems there could be some substance to this. I hope, if he hasn't a chance of getting back into the Villa team, that he does get sorted, I don't think he ever let us down and will no doubt get a good reception from the Villa faithful if he returns with another club.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7505136#ixzz0ve9RG13Y

Fernhurst

Strong physical type Sparky favours, but an improvement on Pants......??????

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 04, 2010, 03:18:49 PM
Strong physical type Sparky favours, but an improvement on Pants......??????

A good allrounder in defense. Just what we need. A versatile man. Don't forget, he's also able to play as a left-back!

Jimpav

Is it pretty much accepted that Konch is leaving us then?

What with all the rumours going around concerning the left back position.

TonyGilroy

O'Neill played Young at LB last season in preference to Shorey but Young is supposed to prefer RB.

Good player who can also play in central defence.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jimpav on August 04, 2010, 03:58:57 PM
Is it pretty much accepted that Konch is leaving us then?

Definitely not. Konch won't be sold and Young wouln't be his replacement.

IF he leaves, I think Hughes might bid for Wayne Bridge.

AlFayedsChequebook

I would imagine that at 31, Young would come in as cover only rather than displace one of our two younger (and in my opinion better) full backs.

What confuses me is that his wages were supposedly a stumbling block when trying to join Lpool. Why would he then come to us?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 04, 2010, 04:09:26 PM

What confuses me is that his wages were supposedly a stumbling block when trying to join Lpool. Why would he then come to us?

I don't think that that "wage story" is true.

He simply didn't want to unsettle his family.
Young has lived in London for many years and he didn't want to move north.

Lighthouse

Young would be a badly needed cover for the back four. He is very good and would fit in very well if players should leave or be injured. The Liverpool wages story is I am afraid what happens when a player dares to turn down a side like Liverpool. The family story is nearer the mark. Young is at the age where he wants to do more than sit on the bench at Liverpool. At Fulham, he will no doubt have that chance. If any of this is true of coarse.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope