watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - AFC Wimbledon

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 11, 2015, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

going home to Plough Lane......quite an unbelievable story....and very good luck to them

Burt

That is good news... Happy memories of going to Plough Lane as a kid, eating loads of Mojos, and sticking all the wrappers on the hoarding I was behind.

Airfix

I have very mixed feelings about this.

I am pleased that Wimbledon are returning to their borough but I also have many happy memories of going to see the Stock Cars and the Speedway at the old Plough Lane stadium.  It's a shame to lose the cars.

Neil D

Good luck to them indeed.  If they hadn't been a Southern league club fifty odd years ago when I started supporting Fulham, I would have been a Wimbledon supporter...

Rhys Lightning 63

Don't really care one way or the other for AFC, but this is good news
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Logicalman

Quote from: Airfix on December 11, 2015, 04:26:11 PM
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I am pleased that Wimbledon are returning to their borough but I also have many happy memories of going to see the Stock Cars and the Speedway at the old Plough Lane stadium.  It's a shame to lose the cars.

Yeah, I recall following the White City Rebels during the 70's when they raced the Dons, though when I followed the Pirates I never managed to get back up there for any meetings. With Ivan Mauger, Simmo and Briggsie, at various times in their team, they were no pushovers.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

andy

What will happen to the dogs that want to race?

Wimbledon_White

Hmmmm is this good for house prices or not?!

Not like they need any bloody help. Disgusting round here.

Riverside

I know this opens myself to be shot down .

This will give me a dilemma .

I was a Wimbledon supporter when at the old Plough Lane .

Have always supported my local team and it will take me the same time to get to Plough Land as Craven Cottage .

Let's see what division we and they are when they move into the new stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H4usuallysitting

I can guarantee that almost everybody on here over a certain age has been to watch/cheer on Wimbledon when they were at the original Plough Lane site

filham

Great news and enormous credit to a set of loyal supporters.

mikestrand

Twas a dark day for football when the FA allowed the dirty to be done.