News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another book due out from Ashwater Press - Fulham Scrapbook..!

Started by LBNo11, November 20, 2015, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...Yuletide approaches and a new Fulham book from Ashwater Press will be ready in time to buy for all decent Fulham fans; with over 300 photos from the lens of Ken Coton the perfect stocking filler.

More updates will follow..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

...picked mine up on Wednesday, so many new photos from Ken's archives as well as some old favourites. I saw today that thankfully you can also get the book in the club shop too @ £15.95, you can of course get it sent to you in time for Christmas by contacting Ashwater Press via this link:- http://www.ashwaterpress.co.uk/

cmg

An ideal Christmas present for any Fulham fan (if they've got any more left!)

All pictures (many not previously published), but the captions are full and informative.

Little or nothing of the present day, but the previous five decades are well covered, with many old favourites and some lesser lights. Not only player portraits and Ken Coton's famed action pictures, but plenty of background stuff, curios and some quizzes.

Some highlights include; some poignant and stylish memories of Graham Leggat, including a Sinatra-esque pose on the riverside. Bobby Keetch looking like the snappiest-dressed assassin in Town (which was what he was, in a way). Cliff Jones and Les Barrett competing for the worst-moustache-of-1967 award. Some spectacular goalkeeping saves - with Malcolm Macdonald getting the prize! Two great goalscorers in Fulham kit, Shearer and Le Tiss - great players but with such different styles and attitudes. Even a shot of one of my favourite games - the freezing 6-0 against Darlington, which convinced me that the nightmare was really over.
For me the recurring star of the book is the elegant and deadly Allan Clarke.

I've no personal connection with anyone involved in the book, but would say that it is, as usual, a quality production and very reasonably priced for what is a (very!) niche market.

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

LBNo11

...the fact that Les Barrett is in several photographs has nothing to do with my enthusing about the book  :023: perfect coffee-table, dip in type book, and ideal for Crimbos.

One other good thing, for the first time in ages an Ashwater book is being sold in the club shop, and they sold out their allocation in one day!

Says it all...