watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Windows 10

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2015, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

I am not at all techy but i thought i would download windows 10, turned out to be a complete disaster, the list of problems seemed to grow each time i logged on . the main problem that drove me to uninstall it was that i could not open the start menu, as i say im not very techy so i thought uninstall it and all would be back to normal but oh no  to cut a long story short can anyone tell me how to get the start menu back. 092.gif 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

RaySmith

The problem I had with it was that it was ok for a few weeks, upgrading from windows 7, but then I couldn't get an internet connection, and nothing I did solved the problem.

I never sorted it out, and now have a new laptop with Windows 8 installed.

grandad

The worst version of Windows ever. My biggest issue is the Photo app. On W7 I use Picassa 3 but it does not recognize downloads from my Samsung tablet on W 10.
I am waiting for my tech guy to revert it back to W7.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: f321ffc on December 16, 2015, 06:51:47 PM
I am not at all techy but i thought i would download windows 10, turned out to be a complete disaster, the list of problems seemed to grow each time i logged on . the main problem that drove me to uninstall it was that i could not open the start menu, as i say im not very techy so i thought uninstall it and all would be back to normal but oh no  to cut a long story short can anyone tell me how to get the start menu back. 092.gif 090.gif

Try this.
1.All programs.
2.Accessories.
3.System Tools.
4.System Restore.
Set date to before you installed Windows 10. i.e. 2-3 days previous and hope for the best.

f321ffc

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on December 16, 2015, 07:28:35 PM
I am not at all techy but i thought i would download windows 10, turned out to be a complete disaster, the list of problems seemed to grow each time i logged on . the main problem that drove me to uninstall it was that i could not open the start menu, as i say im not very techy so i thought uninstall it and all would be back to normal but oh no  to cut a long story short can anyone tell me how to get the start menu back. 092.gif 090.gif

Try this.
1.All programs.
2.Accessories.
3.System Tools.
4.System Restore.
Set date to before you installed Windows 10. i.e. 2-3 days previous and hope for the best.

Thanks but as i can`t open the start menu i can`t get to all programmes, unless there is another way.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: f321ffc on December 16, 2015, 08:04:26 PM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on December 16, 2015, 07:28:35 PM

Try this.
1.All programs.
2.Accessories.
3.System Tools.
4.System Restore.

Thanks but as i can`t open the start menu i can`t get to all programmes, unless there is another way.
Try www.softwareok.com and put in "find start"

Logicalman

To find the sys restore, the path is:

%systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe

where %systemroot% is usually C:\Windows\ and then the System32 folder. Thus C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe

This is where you will find almost all the main system tools.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bucksfulham

f321ffc

BLOODY TECHNOLOGY , just logged on to laptop and everything that was missing is there, after 5 days scratching my head  i was ready to throw the laptop out of the window and even looking to get a new one and bingo. :clap_hands:
Now if only we could announce a decent Manager Head / Coach.  :merry christmas:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Twig

Quote from: f321ffc on December 17, 2015, 05:36:19 PM
BLOODY TECHNOLOGY , just logged on to laptop and everything that was missing is there, after 5 days scratching my head  i was ready to throw the laptop out of the window and even looking to get a new one and bingo. :clap_hands:
Now if only we could announce a decent Manager Head / Coach.  :merry christmas:

Ah but that would be even less believable, be reasonable.

Forever Fulham

Have Windows 7 and was prompted to exercise my free upgrade to Windows 10.  I hated it.  I couldn't find things.  Plus Windows 10 makes it harder to maintain your privacy.  Big Data tracking et al.  I went to Google to figure out how to uninstall and revert back to 7, but it wasn't easy.  Took me 3 hours of cursing. 

Pluto

I upgraded to it and absolutely loved it oddly enough. Haven't experienced any issues yet

alfie

Worse thing i ever done with a pc, i have got some quite expensive pc games, and it won't play any of them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I'm having trouble logging on remotely to my work PC desktop now I've upgraded. But I do prefer it to Windows 8
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

H4usuallysitting

I only use chrome.....find it works for everything I need

Logicalman

I'm not sure Win10 is the worst of the family, for those who had the unfortunate experience of Windows ME, it's like night and day.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Shredhead

Please can anyone update me on what Windows 10 is like, especially if you previously had a HP laptop using Windows 8? Ta.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Lighthouse

Can I just thank everyone here. I have had Windows XP for years and years and been very happy. But as time went on, it and the old computer it was on was running out of license for protection and Google Chrome no longer sent updates. So with your warning about Windows 10 I bought a refurbished cheap 80 quid computer with Windows 7 and a huge 19 inch screen and it is all working seamlessly.

As long as it lasts ten years I shall be happy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

My advice is to stick to sending smoke signals, it's quicker, easier, and cheaper, no hackers, no scams, and you keep your sanity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 23, 2016, 11:06:01 PM
Can I just thank everyone here. I have had Windows XP for years and years and been very happy. But as time went on, it and the old computer it was on was running out of license for protection and Google Chrome no longer sent updates. So with your warning about Windows 10 I bought a refurbished cheap 80 quid computer with Windows 7 and a huge 19 inch screen and it is all working seamlessly.

As long as it lasts ten years I shall be happy.

Good Job, Win7 is one of the most stable of the OS's. I still use a Win7 for my work laptop, just as long as you have enough ram to cover your usage, you'll be fine. I have just a mealy 8Gb in mine with a 232Gb SSD and it runs great as a development machine, and 80 quid is nothing to be sniffed at for getting a good working pc these days.