more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Few Stats and My Prediction

Started by joeemslie, March 22, 2016, 09:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: nose on March 22, 2016, 03:10:37 PM
I admire the effort people put in the stats.
However, the comparisons are not statistically relevant. Jol started with a brilliant team with great work ethic and made it worse. it was the prem.
Magath was just insane
kit got a brilliant reaction just because he wasn't magath and was perceived one of us but that bounce soon wore off
joca has walked into a mad house with a second rate squad not of his choosing

the selctive use of non comparable numbers are what our useless board and owner seem to believe in and have led to ridiculous and wrong descion making.

under kit we conceded goals because the tam was not playing as a team and defended like schoolboys
under joca we let goals in because our players make individual errors, take saturday, how did burn fail not to react to the cross, he was more intent on pushing than heading....

the sats are an intersting aside but completely statistically non relevant or if you like non meaningful
I have made a resolution not to judge Jocanovic until the end of the season or until we are relegated or until we win six in a row.
However, let us be clear that Jocanovic is running with the same players as Kit plus the loan players he has chosen to bring in. As yet there has only been a worsening in results.

Don't write off the stats. The stat. that really matters is how many points we collect after 46 matches and that is strongly related to the above stats.

joeemslie

Quote from: Statto on March 22, 2016, 09:30:43 AM
Would be interested to see

- Jol's stats over his last 38 games,

- Symon's stats if you exclude his first 10-15 games,

- some other metrics, such as points per game and goals conceded

Think that would give a fuller picture

I have pulled the stats for Symons (Minus First 15) and Jol (Last 38 Games).

The same number of losses in that stage of career at FFC - but boy oh boy did Kit love a draw!

I am working on how best to get the data for the goals conceded and points per game, and also games not lost as per another users request.

westcliff white

if you exclude things stats become pointless, might as well compare apples and strawberries.
Every day is a Fulham day

joeemslie

Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2016, 09:33:43 AM
What about a did not lose percentage. I always feel the win only % figure can be misleading at times.

Hello MJG - I have made this there are two charts below:

One with all managers included, and then the second where I have taken out Peter Grand and Stuart Gray as they have such a small sample size.

MANAGERS DID NOT LOSE PERCENTAGE

Pull apart...let me know if you want any more stats etc...

MJG

is this total games including cups or just league games?

I'm just wondering as Jokanovic has only been in charge for 14 league games I make it and 1 cup game.

Lighthouse

We including the Rotherham win in SJs results? Very generous but then frightening without it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

joeemslie

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 23, 2016, 12:40:33 PM
We including the Rotherham win in SJs results? Very generous but then frightening without it.

Quote from: MJG on March 23, 2016, 12:13:29 PM
is this total games including cups or just league games?

I'm just wondering as Jokanovic has only been in charge for 14 league games I make it and 1 cup game.

This is total games (exclusing pre season I believe).

It does include Rotheham for SJ as he was appointed before that - but I agree very generous and worrying without it!

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 23, 2016, 12:40:33 PM
Giving Jocanovic the benefit of the Rotherham result is cooking the books in his favour, he sat in the stands somewhere watching the game but was not in control. It is giving us false hope but never the less still desperately hope he can get a win against MK Dons.

Forever Fulham

Thank you for putting these statistics together.  My only comment would be to point out that the managers in the table who have more games under their belt at Fulham tend to have higher overall winning percentages.  It takes time to get the players you want into the team, to get them accustomed to your desired formation, style of play.  Our current manager inherited the south side of the cow facing north.  Give him time.

filham

Quote from: St Eve on March 22, 2016, 02:37:07 PM
I think that it is important to know what the team had for breakfast the morning of the game to give a clearer picture
Have you seen signs that they get up early enough for breakfast.

filham

Quote from: Forever Fulham on March 23, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Thank you for putting these statistics together.  My only comment would be to point out that the managers in the table who have more games under their belt at Fulham tend to have higher overall winning percentages.  It takes time to get the players you want into the team, to get them accustomed to your desired formation, style of play.  Our current manager inherited the south side of the cow facing north.  Give him time.

He has
Quote from: Forever Fulham on March 23, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Jocanovic has  had 14 games in charge, there are now eight games left, is that enough.

I have fears of someone on this board saying next September, quite contentedly, we have to give Jocanovic time for his new signings to get accustomed and settle down in divisision 1.

St Eve

Quote from: filham on March 23, 2016, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: St Eve on March 22, 2016, 02:37:07 PM
I think that it is important to know what the team had for breakfast the morning of the game to give a clearer picture
Have you seen signs that they get up early enough for breakfast.
good point

Woolly Mammoth

A managers job is to manage, as soon as they are hired, and they get very well paid whether they fail or not. At the moment, the current manager has shown very little sign of managing, as the results and majority of performances are revealing.
It shouldn't  matter whether they are his players are not his players. He was hired to make an immediate impact, and do a job quickly of managing to get results that would improve the clubs position before it's too late.
So there is no excuses, you can either manage the players or not manage them. You either succeed or fail, nothing in between. If you cannot manage them, then your not a very good manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Quote from: joeemslie on March 22, 2016, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Baszab on March 22, 2016, 09:43:46 AM
You risk heresy accusations on this board to intimate that SJ is anything other than the messiah

I am willing to call him whatever people want if he keeps us up and then makes us a decent side next season.

Which he is currently showing no signs of doing.
C O Y W

joeemslie

Quote from: Chutney on March 24, 2016, 10:08:24 AM
Quote from: joeemslie on March 22, 2016, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Baszab on March 22, 2016, 09:43:46 AM
You risk heresy accusations on this board to intimate that SJ is anything other than the messiah

I am willing to call him whatever people want if he keeps us up and then makes us a decent side next season.

Which he is currently showing no signs of doing.

Space reserved to call Slav a <insert word here> after the season is over...

Woolly Mammoth

As defined in the Oxford Collins English Dictionary. The Definition of to Manage is ......."To bring about, or succeed in accomplishing, despite difficulty or hardship."
" Succeed in surviving, and obtaining ones aims, against all the odds". "To cope".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.