News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: Jimmy Hill has died, RIP...

Started by Peabody, December 19, 2015, 01:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamDoc

RIP Jimmy. Growing up watching Match of the Day, he WAS football for me as a kid.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fulham1959

There have been some fabulous, extensive tributes on Radio 5 Live. 

Within minutes of the announcement, they all but abandoned the 2nd Half commentary of Brighton v. Middlesborough to air a succession of tributes

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

gezkc

Very sad, but he'd been suffering with Alzheimer's for a long time. He'll be missed - a true Fulham legend.

Holders

Yes, a true legend. What about a statue Mr Khan?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wingnut

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

WhiteJC

the last time I saw Jimmy Hill was a home game against Newcastle, for some reason he had to leave early but he appeared at the top of the steps nearest the away fans, who gave him dogs abuse, and smiled and waved at them, laughed my socks off

RIP Jimmy and condolences to his family

ron

I remember sitting with my granddad, watching him score a goal. Jimmy was always an enthusiastic one in celebrating goals, and my granddad said "I bet he'll run all the way home to tell his mum he scored that one"...

Precious memories for several reasons..

RIP Jimmy..... a real "Mr. Fulham"

MJG

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.squarespace.com/

The Fulham Supporters Trust is saddened to hear of the death of former player and Chairman Jimmy Hill and our heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

Jimmy Hill played nearly 300 games between 1952 and 1961 for Fulham Football Club.

He had a diverse career in football from being a player, manager, chairman, Television broadcaster, PFA chairman who helped abolish the maximum wage and also one time linesman from the stand.

My own personal memories of him are from 1987 onwards and how he was a central figure in brining groups together to help stop the merger with QPR and save Fulham Football Club from being just a name in the history books.

As a committee member of the old Supporters Club I was a representative who attended a number of meetings with the club and Jimmy Hill. While he was difficult at times to deal with you always knew that he had the club and football at heart first and foremost. But it was always a pleasure to hear his views and ideas on the game, no matter how bizarre some of them were. His love of the game and club was infectious.

Along with the Muddyman family Jimmy Hill saw Fulham through the tricky years until Al Fayed came on the scene and bought the club.

Without Jimmy Hill I truly believe there would be no club now. All Fulham fans owe him a debt and I personally thank him for his hard work over such a troubled period of our history.

Michael Gregg

R.I.P. Jimmy Hill

Mince n Tatties

fulham traveller

Thank you jimmy, for saving us, always be a legend

filham

Jimmy has to be one of the Fulham Greats, up there at the top with the likes of Haynes and MAF. He did so much for us , we wouldn't be here now but for Jimmy.

Then away from Fulham he was a national figure who did a lot for football , so many people have benifited from Jimmy's actions.

Delboy

Woodlawn

Jimmy always gave 110% on the field, never stopped running, was a Fulham man through & through,
but also a football man who did so much for the game. As has been said all Fulham fans owe him a great deal.               

JHaynes Paperboy

A true Fulham legend, what he done for this club will never be equalled.
RIP

john dempsey

i know this is the wrong place to post this,
but a legend has been succeeded by BELLENDS.
god rest jimmy many thanks.xxx

ROKERITE

I always felt football management lost a probable great when ITV lured him from Coventry City. His achievements in so many areas of the game were outstanding but if he hadn't gone into television I believe he could have been one of the all-time most successful football managers.
You won't get many SAFC supporters drinking a toast to his memory tonight, but I will.

Dr Know

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2015, 04:30:44 PM
Jimmy has to be one of the Fulham Greats, up there at the top with the likes of Haynes and MAF. He did so much for us , we wouldn't be here now but for Jimmy.

Then away from Fulham he was a national figure who did a lot for football , so many people have benifited from Jimmy's actions.
Please dont compare maf with johnny haynes and jimmy hill    maf went to chelsea before us with his money he is no different to khan  using us as a toy  johnny haynes and jimmy hill are ffc legends end of

bigalffc

God bless you Jimmy true to Fulham and to football  9739.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum