watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I worry about our game at Derby

Started by The Swan, December 20, 2015, 09:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Not worth worrying about, we'll get battered & that's that.

Bill2

Not too worried as I don't expect to get a result although I will be hoping as I always do. To me it is more important to have all the players return uninjured and ready for the Tuesday game which is far more important.

No doubt if we lose I will be in bad mood.

Derby Fan

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 12:17:25 PM

Your caretaker manager is sounding upbeat with some players coming back from injury. He says if you play like you did first half against Bolton you can beat anyone. Is he right? I haven't seen the performance obviously.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Derby Fan on December 24, 2015, 01:37:32 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 12:17:25 PMNot worth worrying about, we'll get battered & that's that.

Your caretaker manager is sounding upbeat with some players coming back from injury. He says if you play like you did first half against Bolton you can beat anyone. Is he right? I haven't seen the performance obviously.
No he's not right. There's no question, we lose comfortably on Saturday.

Edit. To clarify my point. I've maintained until recently that we've been underperforming for the players we have, and we've shown flashes of brilliance. But if successive coaches haven't been able to get anything out of them then I think I'm wrong.

However well we play going forward (Bolton first half wasn't particularly good) we will concede 2 or 3 every single match so it's irrelevant. We're a poor side and we will get shown as one I have no doubt.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham76

No, not at all. I've little doubt it will be your easiest 3 points of the season.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 01:47:41 PM

No, not at all. I've little doubt it will be your easiest 3 points of the season.
I will be at the game so I hope Fulham76 is wrong. Not many held out much hope for the trip to Middlesborough either. I am not as overtly pessimistic as many of the Fulham faithful, but while we can play well, it is normally only in spells, and the last couple of performances have been worrying. But while we may not be resilient (which does not bode well) we do have some quality, and where there is quality, there is hope. I also would like us to play with more determination and better shape. We have more winnable games than this one and we need to see progress.   

Fulham76

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 24, 2015, 02:05:59 PM

I will be at the game so I hope Fulham76 is wrong. Not many held out much hope for the trip to Middlesborough either. I am not as overtly pessimistic as many of the Fulham faithful, but while we can play well, it is normally only in spells, and the last couple of performances have been worrying. But while we may not be resilient (which does not bode well) we do have some quality, and where there is quality, there is hope. I also would like us to play with more determination and better shape. We have more winnable games than this one and we need to see progress.   

A very negative last comment from me, (although I do think we'll lose), but we do have some really decent players & we shouldn't be down in 18th. The main problem with us at the moment is we have no manager & no consequences for the players that play badly.
I have little doubt performances will improve as soon as the management situation is sorted, assuming he can keep hold of our better players in January.

J.Perkins

I'm not worried. I expect our useless bunch of players to be inept again and lose.

Derby Fan

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 24, 2015, 02:05:59 PM

Have a safe trip up mate. Enjoy the game but hopefully for us not too much. Lest hope the atmosphere is like this. Speakers up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw55kmQTLm4