watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is there an argument for ........

Started by Fernhurst, February 02, 2010, 05:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Not playing Smalling again this season. ???

Saw him get beat comprehensively twice on Saturday at crucial times and we were lucky to only concede the once from his errors.

Love the bloke, but are we expected to provide his "error strewn education" before he moves on to the big school - I would prefer him to play "catch up" when he gets there!!!

Lighthouse

Well I would agree if it wasn't for Brede and his complete loss of form. On Saturday a stupid pontless error gave away the throw in that led to the goal and the second was just a schoolboy error of marking the forward on the outside instead of goal side.

However if I was Smalling I would make sure I am not hurt or put myself out too much for a club I really no longer belong to. So shame there isn't a third option.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...to be fair Fernhurst, Brede is used to Hughes tidying up when he makes an error, on Saturday Brede had one of his worst games for us and was to blame to a degree for both goals. I am sure if Hughes didn't have right-back duties Smalling would not have looked so much at fault.

But I do take your point - maybe sir red nose has a 'play if fit clause' but we will see when our full-backs are back...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

...Lighthouse, are you looking over my shoulder as I type..?

;D
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

looking over my shouder.........NO SORRY
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 02, 2010, 05:35:32 PM
...to be fair Fernhurst, Brede is used to Hughes tidying up when he makes an error, on Saturday Brede had one of his worst games for us and was to blame to a degree for both goals. I am sure if Hughes didn't have right-back duties Smalling would not have looked so much at fault.

But I do take your point - maybe sir red nose has a 'play if fit clause' but we will see when our full-backs are back...

Haggers and Hughes combined couldn't of helped out Smalling in a straight jump with Sneezy Hangontoawhore for the first...... 6'3" V 5 foot nothing.... Dear Charles Atlas I've finished your Course, now please send me the muscles.. signed Chris......doh!!!

SuffolkWhite

What about playing Smalling at Right Back?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HatterDon

I say again: all Smalling has done for us is provide a solid shift every time he's been put out there. His recent form has been much better than Hangeland's. Having said that, I'd rather he be on the bench with a back four of Kelly, Hughes, Hangeland, and Shorey.

It's amazing to me that everyone was so positive about this guy until THE CLUB SOLD HIM to Manchester United. Now he's absolute rubbish because Agbonlahor [England full international] outquicked him to the prime position to take a header. You're all making it sound as if the striker was behind Smalling and outjumped him. That's not what I saw.

Based on how this board -- the most reasoned Fulham board I've yet found -- has turned on the lad, I can just about guarantee that when he makes his first appearance for United at the Cottage, he'll get non-stop booing and abuse and for no logical reason at all.

Sad really.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

Whooooa steady on there HD - I'm certainly not turning against him .... read my first sentence

-Love the bloke, but are we expected to provide his "error strewn education" before he moves on to the big school - I would prefer him to play "catch up" when he gets there!!!

I'm just putting forward a discussion point .... if he is going to give the first goal away shouldn't it be when playing for United???........just asking...

In fact very proud our backroom team found such a nugget to maximise a 12 mill profit after 3 first team games --- good luck to the lad - will always follow his career with interest.

bigalffc

We should not break up the Hangeland & Hughes partnership except for injury, they do compliment each other at centre back. (ooh! you look nice today Hangers, thanks Hughesy your a wonderful mover etc etc.) Now we have Shorey to cover for Konch RB will have to be whoever when Pants isn't fit.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

LRCN

No not at all, he's done well in every game he's played (and he would hav eknown about the interest beforethe chelski game). however hangeland should be given a chance to get his form back (as should AJ), remember in the summer we were worried he'd go to arsenal and we didn't think that for a reason. with a back four with more balance (which shorey should give) our defensive unit will look more comfortable.

oh and smalling shouldn't play at right back. it's a completely different animal.