watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sacking Kit

Started by nose, December 27, 2015, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

In all honesty I had mixed feelings at the time. I fell for the perfect timing, had somebody lined up, in place in good time, inference.

Even if that went belly up we could have always have put an interim in place, an experienced person, say curbs for instance. we haven't even managed that. we have a defensive expert that hasn't made the blindest bit of difference to our defence in some capacity that is beyond any thinking person.

Kit was never a long term solution, that was obvious, we were to inconsistent and my impression was he was too matey with the players and not enough of a disciplinarian that all managers need to be in any walk of life.

But sacking him and doing nothing,leaving the ship rudderless. what we have done is equivalent to turkeies voting unanimously for Christmas.

:Happy New Year:

Lighthouse

No point in going over old ground. But I thought we were actually progressing for the first time in years. Not as quickly as many wanted and it was frustrating and inconsistent. However what has been proved since is that he was a better manager than many gave him credit for.

They knew we had sanctions in January and we were going along ok. The reason we sacked him was  the lack of progress. Well we have plummeted backwards since he has been gone. So we can argue all we want to. But the simple truth is we would have been better off with him as manager over the last 40 plus days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 05:39:26 PM
No point in going over old ground. But I thought we were actually progressing for the first time in years. Not as quickly as many wanted and it was frustrating and inconsistent. However what has been proved since is that he was a better manager than many gave him credit for.

They knew we had sanctions in January and we were going along ok. The reason we sacked him was  the lack of progress. Well we have plummeted backwards since he has been gone. So we can argue all we want to. But the simple truth is we would have been better off with him as manager over the last 40 plus days.

there is no point in going on and on like a broken record, which is what i do BUT what else can I do, I retired from the MB but came back because of such massive frustration at the incompetence of our management.

I have been advised the club does monitor media such as this, I certainly hope so but unfortunately no evidence it does any good.

Lighthouse

Quote from: nose on December 27, 2015, 05:46:25 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 05:39:26 PM

there is no point in going on and on like a broken record, which is what i do BUT what else can I do, I retired from the MB but came back because of such massive frustration at the incompetence of our management.

I have been advised the club does monitor media such as this, I certainly hope so but unfortunately no evidence it does any good.

Well when the story is the same week after week after week. It is very hard not to repeat oneself. Clearly the frustration of the continuing mistakes and errors in decision making, by the club. Make it very hard to continue to talk about, what is really a hobby, that is constantly depressing. Especially when it doesn't have to be. Which is why you felt it necessary to retire for a bit only to return just as frustrated and annoyed. The simple fact is that we have seen it all at Fulham. But rarely have we seen so many defeats in decision making grabbed from the jaws of progress.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

With Kit, whilst we were not hitting the top 6 form that the club had its sights set on we were at least comfortable mid-table and improving, albeit slowly, and with setbacks along the way, as Kit "learnt the trade".

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on December 27, 2015, 06:15:40 PM
With Kit, whilst we were not hitting the top 6 form that the club had its sights set on we were at least comfortable mid-table and improving, albeit slowly, and with setbacks along the way, as Kit "learnt the trade".

...agree with this, and would add that I still think that due to his inexperience Kit listened to the supposed pearls of experienced wisdom from Curbishley and Rigg which didn't help improve the tactics - the same tactics we still suffer from, the poor defending from the same players...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

st andrews

Just goes to show it wasn't all kits fault, its the players they are just not good enough

Fulham1959

"Be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

I never wanted Kit to be sacked.  The only relief for me was that it at least signalled the end of the continual cries of 'tactically clueless', 'inept' and other abuse on this forum, aimed towards a decent man.

So, 7 games later we have 4 draws, 3 defeats and no victories.  4 points out of 21.

Great.