Main Menu

Words from Shad

Started by Ordar, December 28, 2015, 01:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: St Eve on December 29, 2015, 02:38:44 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2015, 01:37:10 PM
Good read, and puts to rest the involvement of "Rigg & his staff"

I have to admit, I am a little concerned with the manner in which this has been put ..

"And speaking of head coach – I believe the term 'head coach' has been misunderstood, though not by Slavisa nor nearly every one of the other candidates we interviewed. Slavisa avidly embraces the concept of head coach, which is to be on the pitch, training, organising, planning and everything that comes in preparing for and leading the Club on matchday.
This doesn't mean he will have no say in player selection – he most certainly will, working with Chief Football Officer Mike Rigg and his staff to ensure the best we possibly can that Fulham will field a squad that Slavisa feels he needs to win. The concept of head coach simply means being hyperfocused on the pitch and team performance. But please be assured, Slavisa will collaborate closely with Mike and his staff as anyone would under the classic definition of manager. That was always the plan for whomever won the job, and I know that Slavisa and Mike will mesh well as we turn the page on 2015.
" ...

simply because, even though I have no insider or personal knowledge as the Rigs managerial ability at team level, his cv doesn't, imho, support his abilities at that level for the games being played. I would have little doubt he would be guided by the opinion of the "head Coach", but I would be interested as to how much someone like Roy was hindered, or otherwise, by such a person.
that was exactly what concerned me. Let's hope that this is a misunderstanding

Obviously he means recruitment not team selection.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

win-dup

Quote from: TWFL on December 28, 2015, 07:08:41 PM
Quote from: win-dup on December 28, 2015, 06:40:49 PM
That's funny, Ernie didn't mention the new Riverside stand. Exponentially if it takes him as long to build that as it took him to find a new manager, nobody alive today will see it built.

I've heard rumours that we might not build it due to being in the Champ for longer than expected. Wait and see..
Quote from: grandad on December 28, 2015, 07:12:08 PM
Win-Dup being as disrespectful as ever. Grow up man, you are not in the least bit funny.
I suggest you use his real name or title in future if your comments want to be taken seriously.

When Ernie took over we were heading towards being an established mid-table Premiership side. We are now just three points away from  the relegation zone to whatever the third division is called these days.
There is absolutely no sign of the phantom new Riverside stadium and probably never will be.
When he does something for FFC then I will give him some respect.

alfie

Quote from: win-dup on December 29, 2015, 10:56:08 AM
That's funny, Ernie didn't mention the new Riverside stand. Exponentially if it takes him as long to build that as it took him to find a new manager, nobody alive today will see it built.

I've heard rumours that we might not build it due to being in the Champ for longer than expected. Wait and see..
Win-Dup being as disrespectful as ever. Grow up man, you are not in the least bit funny.
I suggest you use his real name or title in future if your comments want to be taken seriously.

When Ernie took over we were heading towards being an established mid-table Premiership side. We are now just three points away from  the relegation zone to whatever the third division is called these days.
There is absolutely no sign of the phantom new Riverside stadium and probably never will be.

maybe you should check out another post on here about the "new development" and what has to be gone through before any sort of sign. You may not want to give him any respect, but equally you don't need to disrespect him either do you.

From what i have seen from your previous posts i get the impression that you are one of these types that want things to go wrong so you can say "told you so".
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

win-dup

Quote from: alfie on December 29, 2015, 01:53:41 PM

maybe you should check out another post on here about the "new development" and what has to be gone through before any sort of sign. You may not want to give him any respect, but equally you don't need to disrespect him either do you.

From what i have seen from your previous posts i get the impression that you are one of these types that want things to go wrong so you can say "told you so".

So what has he done to earn your respect?

PokerMatt

Quote from: Holders on December 29, 2015, 05:17:43 AM

I have to admit, I am a little concerned with the manner in which this has been put ..

"And speaking of head coach – I believe the term 'head coach' has been misunderstood, though not by Slavisa nor nearly every one of the other candidates we interviewed. Slavisa avidly embraces the concept of head coach, which is to be on the pitch, training, organising, planning and everything that comes in preparing for and leading the Club on matchday.
This doesn't mean he will have no say in player selection – he most certainly will, working with Chief Football Officer Mike Rigg and his staff to ensure the best we possibly can that Fulham will field a squad that Slavisa feels he needs to win. The concept of head coach simply means being hyperfocused on the pitch and team performance. But please be assured, Slavisa will collaborate closely with Mike and his staff as anyone would under the classic definition of manager. That was always the plan for whomever won the job, and I know that Slavisa and Mike will mesh well as we turn the page on 2015.
" ...

simply because, even though I have no insider or personal knowledge as the Rigs managerial ability at team level, his cv doesn't, imho, support his abilities at that level for the games being played. I would have little doubt he would be guided by the opinion of the "head Coach", but I would be interested as to how much someone like Roy was hindered, or otherwise, by such a person.

That's how I read it.

It wasn't until the questions here that I realised selection could also mean lineup. No head coach in his right mind will take a job knowing that someone else is actually picking the team.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

alfie

Quote from: win-dup on December 29, 2015, 02:07:56 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 29, 2015, 01:53:41 PM

So what has he done to earn your respect?
I never said i did, i just don't believe you should disrespect him thats all, but be honest you do seem to have a negative attitude towards anything to do with FFC, but that is your choice/opinion and you have that right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 29, 2015, 02:20:18 PM

" ...

That's how I read it.

It wasn't until the questions here that I realised selection could also mean lineup. No head coach in his right mind will take a job knowing that someone else is actually picking the team.

Point taken, I obviously misread the context. Perhaps my Khan-infused-rose-tinted spectacackles have lost their sheen a little these days, or mebbe I'm just not as accepting as as I used to be until it's spelled out. Either way, point taken.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Quote from: Logicalman on December 29, 2015, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on December 29, 2015, 02:20:18 PM

" ...

That's how I read it.

Point taken, I obviously misread the context. Perhaps my Khan-infused-rose-tinted spectacackles have lost their sheen a little these days, or mebbe I'm just not as accepting as as I used to be until it's spelled out. Either way, point taken.

I wasn't having a go, mate. I think it's just his Americanese, bearing in mind that the system for the NFA game that he's used to allows them to "select" players from some kind of pool  to bring in to the "team" (squad).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

PokerMatt

Likewise, no offence meant. There were a few odd spellings/wordings in his post (odd for us Brits) so I think that was one of them.

I read in other publications today and one had reworded it to 'player recruitment'.
Follow me: @mattdjourno