watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LEDDS UNITED

Started by Jims Dentist, December 29, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

The Leeds game was due to be televised by Sky tonight, but there are reports that their "interesting" chairman has refused to lets the cameras in  to the ground.

Has anyone heard if Sky have made alternative plans?

We are one of four Championship games on tonight.

westcliff white

doubt they will drive from Leeds to Fulham, will be a game closer to Leeds I reckon
Every day is a Fulham day

Neil D

If they can't film the Leeds match, the Brighton - Ipswich game would rate as a much more attractive fixture than our relegation squabble.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: westcliff white on December 29, 2015, 01:06:04 PM
doubt they will drive from Leeds to Fulham, will be a game closer to Leeds I reckon

Sky are only based in Hounslow, I'm pretty sure they can grab the 'backup cameras' and come down
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

It's a hilarious situation, highlighting the power Sky have in the world. Fulham have been on Sky three times this season, Rotherham have been on twice. Nottingham Forest (who play Cardiff) have been televised nine times - the most in the division - whilst I'm sure Cardiff have been on TV a fair few times.

The division is not fair when it comes to TV coverage, especially when you consider the market isn't global like the Premier League so you market and display your biggest and best sides weekly. I don't quite know what it's based on, it's not attractiveness of match - Birmingham vs. Cardiff last week, 15th placed Nottingham Forest have been on TV the most in the division.

The question wouldn't be moving equipment, every game is recorded anyway - how do you think they piece together highlights - and the majority have commentary. I actually support Cellino with this.

westcliff white

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 29, 2015, 01:36:33 PM

Sky are only based in Hounslow, I'm pretty sure they can grab the 'backup cameras' and come down
true they are but they only allocate a certain number of vehicles for football league action, which would mean premier league allocated stock being used. So yes they could but then they may logistically have issues elsewhere.

won't be us anyway, hate us being on TV, every time I see us on TV we usually lose
Every day is a Fulham day

Wingnut

It'd be great if they switched to our game but the Brighton game is a far more attractive affair.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Neil D

Quote from: FPT on December 29, 2015, 01:41:53 PM
It's a hilarious situation, highlighting the power Sky have in the world. Fulham have been on Sky three times this season

I cancelled my Sky sub once they had lost CL football and had the cheek to up their subscription for the Sports package.  Instead I bought five NOW Sky Sports TV vouchers at £7 a pop, fully expecting to get through them with Fulham's fixtures.  I've been able to use one and doubt that I'll get through the rest before they expire in June.  You'd think that the division's top scorers and leakiest defence would make for a more attractive proposition.

alexmur

tonight's leeds game would have been their 10th on TV thus season that has to be unusually high?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sunburywhite

Quote from: westcliff white on December 29, 2015, 01:48:30 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 29, 2015, 01:36:33 PM

true they are but they only allocate a certain number of vehicles for football league action, which would mean premier league allocated stock being used. So yes they could but then they may logistically have issues elsewhere.

won't be us anyway, hate us being on TV, every time I see us on TV we usually lose

We must be on TV a lot then
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

You have to agree, he does make very good points:

Leeds United: Sky TV is allowed to broadcast Championship match

Leeds will "reluctantly" allow Sky TV to broadcast Tuesday's Championship game against Derby, having initially barred cameras from Elland Road.
They are unhappy at the number of their fixtures moved for live coverage.
The 19:45 GMT kick-off is Leeds' ninth league match to be shown this season.

Leeds said the Football League threatened them with a disrepute charge but added in a statement: "It is the League who are bringing their own competition into disrepute."
The club's owner, Massimo Cellino, claimed moving games for live coverage reduces attendances.

Second-placed Derby have already featured in eight live televised games this season, the same number as 14th-placed Leeds.

Leeds said the Football League were "unfairly prejudicing Leeds (and certain other clubs) by allowing Sky to unfairly disrupt Leeds United for their own commercial purposes". The statement added: "It is not just the number of times the club has been selected, but the fact the adjoining fixtures are also then disrupted which adversely affects the players, the club's logistical arrangements and the fans' arrangements. Recent good results have been achieved despite the alterations to the fixture list, but at great cost to the players' fitness and a substantial injury list. The festive plans of supporters have also been entirely ruined by Sky's live TV selections."

Nottingham Forest have appeared in nine live matches, the most of any Championship club, while Preston, Brentford, Charlton, Rotherham and MK Dons have all featured twice.

The statement continued: "The League, despite the club having challenged them through the appropriate legal routes, continue to try and alter our schedule by insisting fixtures are changed to suit Sky. Given Sky are to show 92 live games this season, a fair allocation would be four home games per club - so the selection by Sky is clearly unfair and the League are allowing this. The Football League regulations are supposed to be there to protect the integrity of the sporting competition, not to be used as a stick to beat the club on behalf of Sky."

Cellino, the former owner of Italian side Cagliari, is waiting for an appeal date to contest a second Football League ban for breaching its owners' and directors' test following a tax evasion conviction in Italy.

In October, Cellino said he would limit ticket sales to Leeds fans for away games in the Championship in protest against the Football League's policy on televised matches. However, he backed down when the club's supporters opposed the plan.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.