Main Menu

first sparky signing??

Started by wadey, August 07, 2010, 10:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Mr Wadey, if that is "raiding" Man City, I am the second coming of John Holmes
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Finn, you may be John Holmes for all we know, which would be incredible I think since I believe he is dead.. :dft011:...........oh...you said second coming.....never mind...........

but I have to agree. Caicedo would not be considered a raid in my opinion either.

MrCheviot

Hardly a "raid" but he wouldn't have any issues (presumably) with our wage structure..

I expect Hughes to bring in some duds, but it's nice to have two managers in succession with an eye for foreign talent on the cheap.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

If Sparky thinks he can do a job for us then that's good enough for me,bring it on :59:

LRCN

good player, showed alot of potential. similar player to okaka, probably the better of the two, so i can see him being a good understudy to zamora. i'd be pleased with this.

Lighthouse

Always like the way these reports always say that at Fulham these players are guaranted a place. No not any more they're not. But we do need a forward so we will see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

I am a bit surprised about the poo poo attitude toward the idea of bringing in Caicedo.  Would it sound better if the article just said Fulham is attempting to sign a 21 year old striker with experience in the top leagues in Portugal, Spain and England?  I don't know if Caicedo is the right guy, although I personally like him, but he is the right kind of guy particularly if the deal comes with an option to buy.   He has young legs with what looks to me like good grooming in top leagues.  I know a lot people have gotten excited about the prospect of bringing in a Craig Bellamy but a Bellamy type is a short-term solution at best and while there is nothing wrong with a good short-term solution it is not going to help Fulham get any younger.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BarryP on August 08, 2010, 03:20:00 AM
I am a bit surprised about the poo poo attitude toward the idea of bringing in Caicedo.  Would it sound better if the article just said Fulham is attempting to sign a 21 year old striker with experience in the top leagues in Portugal, Spain and England?  I don't know if Caicedo is the right guy, although I personally like him, but he is the right kind of guy particularly if the deal comes with an option to buy.   He has young legs with what looks to me like good grooming in top leagues.  I know a lot people have gotten excited about the prospect of bringing in a Craig Bellamy but a Bellamy type is a short-term solution at best and while there is nothing wrong with a good short-term solution it is not going to help Fulham get any younger.

How about Bellamy AND Caicedo?

Tom

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 08, 2010, 03:49:51 AM
I am a bit surprised about the poo poo attitude toward the idea of bringing in Caicedo.  Would it sound better if the article just said Fulham is attempting to sign a 21 year old striker with experience in the top leagues in Portugal, Spain and England?  I don't know if Caicedo is the right guy, although I personally like him, but he is the right kind of guy particularly if the deal comes with an option to buy.   He has young legs with what looks to me like good grooming in top leagues.  I know a lot people have gotten excited about the prospect of bringing in a Craig Bellamy but a Bellamy type is a short-term solution at best and while there is nothing wrong with a good short-term solution it is not going to help Fulham get any younger.

How about Bellamy and Ireland? They get my vote.  :54:
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

Not too bad...

I think I'd perfer Caicedo & Ireland (or O'Hara) + a healthy Senderos.  We'd still have the same versatile squad from last year, hungry to get back into Europe plus a look to the future with these 3 guys all positioned within the spine.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

BarryP

Bellamy as a short-term immediate gratification option and Caicedo with an eye toward not only now but the future would be great in my opinion.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

RidgeRider

All I am saying is if we got Caciedo, Ireland, and Bellamy....THAT would be a raid and would do justice to the authors article title. Caciedo seems a decent medium term, diamond in the rough.

BarryP

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2010, 05:15:52 AM
All I am saying is if we got Caciedo, Ireland, and Bellamy....THAT would be a raid and would do justice to the authors article title. Caciedo seems a decent medium term, diamond in the rough.

Ah now I see. The real problem is disillusionment with the press.  :doh:  :005:

HatterDon

Caciedo looked like a deer in the headlights when I saw him last season -- definitely out of place in the Prem.

Having said that, 90% of Fulham posts this time last summer were all about how in order to be a solid team, we had to get rid of:

1. Zamora and/or
2. Gera

With that track record on the part of myself and my fellow fans, I'm going to take it easy on sports journalists for a while.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel