watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC dreamer or will response come back to haunt you

Started by BedsFFC, January 10, 2016, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Can't believe I'm posting this but somewhat encouraged by the last two performances.

Is 6th place at all possible?

Can we make up 14 points on Ipswich in 21 games?

My view, 3 points at Wolves on Tuesday....it's on.

SP

Personally, I'm clutching at straws to think we can turn things round so I'll join you in positivity.  One, plus, we won't lose any players to the African Cup of Nations.

:005:

Twig

If I were to take a straw poll then the answer would be very extremely unlikely.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2016, 09:55:02 PM
Quote from: SP on January 10, 2016, 09:49:16 PM
Personally, I'm clutching at straws to think we can turn things round so I'll join you in positivity.  One, plus, we won't lose any players to the African Cup of Nations.

:005:

Yes and one of those straws you are clutching is not the last straw, nor is it the straw that broke camels back.
Which reminds me, does anyone remember that Film Straw Dogs at the Cinema, I think Susan George was in it, and Dustin Hoffman, that was some film, I have never seen it on TV, I wonder why that is.

Haven't seen it for years,bit naughty n scary when
first out.
Susan was sexy as hell in it..

Domino 1879

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2016, 09:42:05 PM
Of course we can achieve all those you mention. Nothing is impossible.
Never Surrender, Never throw the towel in, Never concede defeat until its mathematicaly impossible, never drop your head, never lose your confidence in the players flying the flag, never give in, never stop supporting Mighty Fulham FC, and never drink too many Large Rums on a Sunday Evening.

But it can be done

I am reminded of the old adage..........'Winners Never Quit, Quitters Never Win'.................heres hoping for a winning mentality.

filham

OK all good moral boosting stuff but , one win in the last twelve, a new coach trying to build a team from a squad missing a good winger, centre half and right back and unable to buy in new players until the end of the season.

Keep an eye on the relegation zone, the first priority is to stop our free fall in that direction.

Barry White

You are dreaming son, but fair play for the optimism!

Relegation at worst, mid table at best this season I'm afraid!

alfie

Quote from: Twig on January 11, 2016, 07:53:17 AM
If I were to take a straw poll then the answer would be very extremely unlikely.
Used to live next door to her when i lived at Wandsworth Common, real nice lady
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Swan

The Swan

Kent Cassandra

If my memory serves me right we were 16 points ahead of Leicester in the run in, in the Malc McDonald era and missed out on promotion. Help me out on this one you statasticions
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2016, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: Kent Cassandra on January 12, 2016, 10:07:56 AM
If my memory serves me right we were 16 points ahead of Leicester in the run in, in the Malc McDonald era and missed out on promotion. Help me out on this one you statasticions

Yes I remember the Match, if I have my facts right, we were home to Leicester in what was more or less a decider. Peter Kitchen from Leyton Orient was making his debut for us, and a young Gary Linekar broke away and scored the winner in a 1 0 victory for the Foxes.

Peter kitchen never made his debut in that game was in fact long gone and it was ian wilson not linekar that scored, it is engrained in my mind. Gale never closed him down properly and just backed off too much.
Ivor scored a perfectly good equaliser but the officials ruled it out for offside, I have seen the re-run many times and can oly imagine the linesman was blind and making things up!

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2016, 03:31:38 PM
Quote from: nose on January 12, 2016, 03:07:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2016, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: Kent Cassandra on January 12, 2016, 10:07:56 AM

Yes I remember the Match, if I have my facts right, we were home to Leicester in what was more or less a decider. Peter Kitchen from Leyton Orient was making his debut for us, and a young Gary Linekar broke away and scored the winner in a 1 0 victory for the Foxes.
Peter kitchen never made his debut in that game was in fact long gone and it was ian wilson not linekar that scored, it is engrained in my mind. Gale never closed him down properly and just backed off too much.
Ivor scored a perfectly good equaliser but the officials ruled it out for offside, I have seen the re-run many times and can oly imagine the linesman was blind and making things up!

Have you Independant witnesses and photographs, I need more proof.

well i remember anyway but look up kitchen on wikipedia and there are a number of sites that will give the goalscorer, you can even relive it on you tube. now I will not make it easy with a link because I know you like to do some of your own work... But you tube should be straightforward....