News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did we last score directly from a corner?

Started by Southdowns White, January 12, 2016, 08:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

And what is the goals scored to goals conceded ratio directly from corners this season and last season?
Will we ever score from a corner again?

VicHalomsLovechild

I think the enclosure still existed and we were working a three day week!

Chesh

I take it you mean someone heading or poking in from a corner, as opposed to directly in a la Bryan Ruiz last season? (I think)
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Southdowns White

Quote from: Chesh on January 12, 2016, 08:34:44 AM
I take it you mean someone heading or poking in from a corner, as opposed to directly in a la Bryan Ruiz last season? (I think)
sorry yes.

fulhamben

We haven't scored o e this season. Smiths blasted a few wide, but the corner kicks from the likes of Cairney garbutt pringle ross and others has been shockingly poor. It amazes me how poor we are at such a simple thing like taking a corner kick
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

I can't resist repeating (apologies) Gordon Strachan's kindly observation on his own (Southampton, I think) Centre Back, Claus Lundekvam's effectiveness at corners,

"He goes up for every dead ball and never looks remotely like scoring. If we had a dead body lying in the area the ball would hit it on the head several times a season which is more than Lundekvam can manage. Every time he comes up for a corner the referee should book him for time wasting."

cmg

On a more serious note, I am continually amazed by the present day footballer's inability to deliver a decent corner. This applies generally even at the top level, not just to our players.

Riverside

It is not just the delivery ( Pringle is the best in the squad currently at delivery - however .... ) it is the same problem as we have defending corners . Nobody attacks the ball but they wait for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on January 12, 2016, 09:30:41 AM
It is not just the delivery ( Pringle is the best in the squad currently at delivery - however .... ) it is the same problem as we have defending corners . Nobody attacks the ball but they wait for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Messi couldnt attack a corner that doesn't even get 2 foot off the ground or even makes it into the box.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

All this talk of goals from corners brings back memories of Roger Brown, he new how to attack balls from corners.,  Kit and Chris Coleman were quite good but at the moment we dont have a lot to offer.

Southdowns White

where we sit in the hammersmith end we all give an ironic cheer and exclaim comments whenever we get a corner. When the opposition get one we always expect a goal. Surely our manager will be working on this and set pieces as a priority.

Rhys Lightning 63

Back to the initial question, I'm thinking Shaun Hutchinson away at Bolton back last February.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 12, 2016, 12:45:34 PM
Back to the initial question, I'm thinking Shaun Hutchinson away at Bolton back last February.

Shaun Hutchinson did score, but I think if that counts as what Southdowns describes as 'direct' from a corner then I think you've got to give it to Nikolay Bodurov vs. Derby?

Shaun Hutchinson scored from a set piece delivery at home to Sheffield Wednesday, but not a corner.

I think the last goal scored from Fulham where a corner was put into the box and headed in was Dan Burn at Rotherham, which is funny because in that time, Fulham have scored twice where the corner taker has scored directly from their corner (Bryan Ruiz and Alex Kacaniklic).