more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (27/1/2016)

Started by love4ffc, January 27, 2016, 03:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

The Sean Davis Column

We played well against Hull City on Saturday and can consider ourselves somewhat unfortunate not to take anything from the match. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but then again I don't think we deserved to win it either, so a draw would have been a fair reflection. I just didn't think we created enough opportunities, but the boys worked hard and they were unfortunate. It was definitely a more organised performance, and I thought we worked hard and we closed the ball down together.

It was just one mistake that cost us, and it was definitely a penalty. Moses Odubajo did well to use his pace to get in behind Lasse Vigen Christensen and then he was always going to go down and it was always going to be a penalty, so it was unfortunate. In real time it looked like Lasse had made a rash decision to dive in, but on closer inspection you can see that he just loses his footing and doesn't mean to make a challenge.

For a second it looked as though Andrew Lonergan had saved the penalty, but he couldn't quite get enough on it. He got a good strong hand on it, but you don't expect keepers to save penalties anyway. He'll probably be disappointed that he got to it but didn't manage to steer it wide. He'd had a good game already, particularly I thought when he pulled off a fantastic save in the first half when they had the one-on-one. He's done well since he's been in the side so you can't complain that he hasn't saved a penalty.

We looked a lot harder to beat which was pleasing. Obviously we lost the game which is disappointing but I think if we can blend that defensive display with the creativity we've shown earlier in the season then things will be looking up. We didn't really look like scoring, but neither did they, so I think it was always going to be one of those games where a mistake or a freak goal would win it.

We know Hull have got a strong squad. Even the bench was very strong with the likes of Sone Aluko and Tom Huddlestone on it. But one thing about Steve Bruce's sides is that they are very, very well drilled; two banks of four, Mohamed Diame was just playing off Abel Hernandez, so they were very, very hard to beat. We were most vulnerable when we had the ball because they were trying to counter-attack us. We need to get that mentality as well where we're hard to beat and not conceding too many chances. We saw glimpses of that on Saturday and we were a lot more organised, so that was the pleasing part, it's just that we didn't create too much and obviously being the home side you want to create chances and score goals.

Hull are the top scorers in the division, so to limit them to very few efforts on goal is pleasing and one of several positives we can take from the game. But it's about grinding out results now, following the manager's instructions, how he wants to play, how he wants the team to be set up. Hopefully we'll get a good end to the season and then come next season the players will know the job at hand.

Derby County have got two more games to play before they come to Craven Cottage in our next match, against Manchester United and Preston North End. Some might say that will work in our favour as they'll be tired, but I don't buy into that. I always talk about momentum and if they get two wins then it will only help their cause. They're having a little sticky spell in the league and hopefully they'll lose both games and then we can hit them when they're down, but I don't think fitness will come into it. Most players now are well drilled and squads are big enough so teams can rotate. It's another home game so we need to get that first win for the Head Coach. Once he gets that then hopefully we can go from strength to strength.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Glory grab Taggart, eye Lowry for signing

Perth Glory believe they have pulled off a major coup by bringing Socceroo and A-League golden boot winner Adam Taggart back for a second stint at the club.

They have signed the striker from Fulham until the end of the 2017-18 season, beating off competition from several other clubs, including another of his former sides Newcastle Jets.

Glory hope Taggart can regain the form that won him the 2014 golden boot with 16 goals and the league's young player-of- the-season trophy in the same year.

Taggart arrives in Perth later this week to start training, but will not be able to form a strike force with the recently re-signed Andy Keogh until next season.

Under Football Federation Australia rules, Taggart, 22, is ineligible for the rest of this season as he has already played for two clubs, Dundee United and Fulham's under-21 side.

Glory expect to make at least one more signing this week, with Birmingham City's WA-born defender Shane Lowry rumoured to be a target.

Taggart made his Glory debut in 2011 and made 10 appearances before signing for the Jets.

He moved to Fulham in 2014 on a three-year deal after the World Cup where he played against the Netherlands and Spain.

However, his time with Fulham was stalled by injury.

He did not make a senior appearance and joined Scottish side Dundee United on loan, making nine appearances before returning to London last month.

Glory see Taggart as a long-term prospect as part of a four-year rebuild, and chief executive Peter Filopoulos said the club was firmly focused on the future.

"We are excited to land the signature of Adam Taggart who has attracted interest around the globe and we have beaten several Australian and overseas clubs for his signature," he said.

"All our decisions during the January transfer window have been consistent with our strategy to build a squad for success over the coming years."

Glory will take confidence into their clash with defending champions Melbourne Victory at nib Stadium on Saturday night after thrashing the Jets 6-1 in Newcastle on Sunday.

Victory climbed one spot to fourth last night with a 1-0 win over Sydney FC in front of 30,493 fans at Etihad Stadium. Sydney's Matt Jurman scored an own goal 11 minutes from time.

love4ffc

Ross McCormack seeks to push through £12m move to Middlesbrough as striker 'desperate' to leave Fulham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3418431/Ross-McCormack-seeks-push-12m-Middlesbrough-striker-desperate-leave-Fulham.html#ixzz3yPZTSOEM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fulham striker Ross McCormack has told the club he wants to leave
He has scored 15 league goals this term and Fulham are reluctant to sell
Middlesbrough are willing to pay upwards of £9million to sign him
Boro could also offer Kike on loan as part of the deal for McCormack 

Ross McCormack has no desire to play for Fulham again as the wantaway striker looks to secure a £12million move to Middlesbrough.
Fulham have rejected an offer of £9million plus Kike on loan for McCormack but Middlesbrough are prepared to increase their bid

That would give Fulham a profit on the £11m they paid to Leeds in 2014 and would be seen as good business for a 29-year-old.
McCormack has not trained since Boro stepped up their interest last week and, despite reports of being unwell, was in the stands at the weekend when Fulham lost 1-0 to Hull City.

The Scot has told friends he is determined to leave Fulham before February 1, according to the Evening Standard.
Fulham believe there is little value in selling McCormack while they are under transfer embargo and four points above the relegation zone.
Middlesbrough, meanwhile, have signed Gaston Ramirez on loan from Southampton after he agreed to take a cut in his £60,000 a week wages.

love4ffc

Fulham Ticket Allocation Increased

Derby County's ticket allocation for their upcoming Sky Bet Championship fixture at Fulham has been increased.

Paul Clement's side will travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday 6th February (3pm).

Supporters snapped up the initial 2,700 allocation of seats and a further 1,100 tickets have been made available to Derby fans, which are now available on General Sale.

Ticket prices for the game have been confirmed as:

£25 Adults
£20 Seniors (65+)
£20 Under 22s
£15 Under 17s

Supporters can buy their tickets from the Unite the Union Ticket Office at the iPro Stadium, by calling 0871 472 1884 (option 1) or by logging on to WeAreDerby.com.

To become an Away Membership Holder for the 2015/16 campaign and ensure you're in line to purchase away tickets first, visit WeAreDerby.com.

love4ffc

Blades to make another move for Dan Burn

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/video-blades-to-make-another-move-for-dan-burn-1-7698137#ixzz3yPc4Z7uU

Sheffield United are expected to make a fourth approach for Fulham defender Dan Burn after the Championship club moved a step closer to signing Michael Madl from Sturm Graz.

Nigel Adkins has failed on three previous occasions to capture the centre-half with an undisclosed bid, described as a "six figure sum" by the United manager, understood to have been rejected by Craven Cottage's board of directors last week.

But with the Football League imposing a transfer embargo on Slaviša Jokanovic's side last month, the Serb could be forced to dispense with a player before Madl, a former Austria under-21 international, can be registered. The ruling only permits Fulham to add new names to their roster if they have 24 or less established professionals, aged 21 or older, on their books.

Adkins, speaking after last night's 0-0 draw with Blackpool, refused to divulge his list of targets but said: "There's been lots going on behind the scenes. Lots of conversations. Whether we can get what we want to do across the line, we'll have to wait and see. But that's our focus now and we want to be busy." There's a domino effect, you always see it," Adkins added. "That's what happens everywhere."

Burn, reportedly one of the players Jokanovic could declare surplus to requirements should Madl arrive, was on the verge of joining United earlier this season before Fulham's failure to identify a replacement stalled the deal.

A compromise agreement, which would have seen the 23-year-old head north on emergency loan, also collapsed when Fulham suffered an injury crisis at centre-half.

United hope the fact that Burn's contract is scheduled to expire this summer will persuade the Londoners to sell before next week's deadline for permanent signings although Adkins, whose team were without the injured Chris Basham and Matt Done at Bloomfield Road, has hinted he could also seek to pursue another temporary arrangement should that prove an impossibility.

love4ffc

Fulham Austrian defender signing paves the way to loans for either Dan Burn, Shaun Hutchinson - or both

Whites poised to add a fifth centre back that could see them slim down the squad as boss continues search for his perfect back four

Austrian defender Michael Madl is set to sign for Fulham after travelling to west London - says his club Sturm Graz.

The 27-year-old has played 18 times in the Austrian Bundesliga so far this season but is poised to join Whites after the two sides agreed a switch, according to reports.

The suggestion is a fee has been agreed, but any deal would have to be an initial loan followed by a complete transfer in the summer with Fulham currently under transfer embargo.

It opens the door for Sheffield United to pursue Dan Burn, despite his current berth ahead of £2 million Richard Stearman.

Shaun Hutchinson has also had the rule run over him by new boss Slavisa Jokanovic - and may also get more games elsewhere.

"Michael Madl left the training camp of Sturm Graz in Belek," said an official statement from the Austrian club.

"He travels to London for medical checks with Fulham FC."

The club's general manager Gerhard Goldbrich said: "We have put together a good overall package with the English giants Fulham FC."

Madl, who has been at Sturm Graz since 2012, added: "I had three wonderful years at Sturm, but the time has come for me to take advantage of the chance to play in England.

"I would like to thank the black and white for giving me the opportunity to fulfil this dream."

love4ffc

Fulham want Moussa Dembele back on loan if forward joins Tottenham this month

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3409987/Fulham-want-Moussa-Dembele-loan-talented-youngster-joins-Tottenham-month.html#ixzz3yQ1FX0fa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fulham want Moussa Dembele back on loan if the talented youngster makes the move to White Hart Lane this month.
Spurs have opened talks with the Cottagers over a swoop for the French forward and are prepared to offer a hefty transfer fee as well as one of their fringe players as part of the deal.
But Fulham also want Dembele to stay at Craven Cottage until the end of the season as part of the move.
The west London club have been hit with a transfer embargo, restricting their ability to sign a replacement for Dembele if he leaves.

Despite the embargo, Fulham are still permitted to sign loan players.
Dembele remaining at Fulham until the summer would, for the short-term at least, solve the problem of replacing the youngster.
The 19-year-old attacker is keeping an open mind regarding his next move.

His contract expires at the end of the season; and he already has lucrative offers from foreign clubs namely Monaco and Wolfsburg to join on Bosman transfer in the summer.
As well as Tottenham, Manchester United have a long standing interest in Dembele.
Tottenham allowed Dele Alli to stay at MK Dons until the end of last season having signed him in the previous January window.

YankeeJim

So Ross is seen as deserting a sinking ship or at least one that is wallowing along. He wants to play in Prem so he stages a sick out. I suspect you could say he refused to play. Did he go on strike? Why is this any different than Dempsey wanting to play Champions League? Just another footballer that cares more about his career than he does the club. Yet, somehow one provokes vitriol and the other gets understanding and tears at his departure.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

J

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 27, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
So Ross is seen as deserting a sinking ship or at least one that is wallowing along. He wants to play in Prem so he stages a sick out. I suspect you could say he refused to play. Did he go on strike? Why is this any different than Dempsey wanting to play Champions League? Just another footballer that cares more about his career than he does the club. Yet, somehow one provokes vitriol and the other gets understanding and tears at his departure.

Well it is the daily mail reporting all this, who are well known to shall we say exaggerate the truth... It is definitely worth noting that nothing has been said publicly by Ross, and other than him missing a game (which OK is a bit suspect but not conclusive), there's not been anything to suggest he wants to leave beyond paper rumours.

Even if he has had his head turned, it is going on it is behind closed doors which is the correct way of handling it. It might even have been SJ's decision to leave him out if he felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind, nothing actually suggests Ross has refused to play or anything that strongly.

Plus if he has privately expressed a desire to leave, it would hardly be the first time a footballer has not got that wish and has then had to just knuckle down and carry on, and then gone on to have a good spell at their respective club (Rooney and Gerrard spring to mind as high profile examples).

Also it is entirely possible any chatter going on is just his agent putting the feelers out and trying to manufacture a deal, as they tend to do that to make their £££.

So in conclusion I don't think comparing this situation to Dempsey is fair on Ross - obviously there is potential for this to change if anything kicks off, but you are assuming a lot of things are true and will go on to occur without any real proof. (and I always felt Liverpool were more at fault than Dempsey).

YankeeJim

I really wasn't speaking so much about the situation but the response to it. Other than that pin head Jol there wasn't any substance to any of the rumors about the Dempsey situation. My trust in Jol is somewhere around that level that I put in Septic Blatter or 'airy.
The point is people believe what they choose and react accordingly. We fans don't have any idea as to what is going on with Ross and what went on with Dempsey.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

GrahamG

Fulham fans reaction to Dempsey and Zamora leaving was just stupid - they deserved far better. Players who had been superb for us and unfortunately Jol wasn't able to get them to stay. More unfortunately, Jol stayed too long.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 27, 2016, 08:08:24 PM
I really wasn't speaking so much about the situation but the response to it. Other than that pin head Jol there wasn't any substance to any of the rumors about the Dempsey situation. My trust in Jol is somewhere around that level that I put in Septic Blatter or 'airy.
The point is people believe what they choose and react accordingly. We fans don't have any idea as to what is going on with Ross and what went on with Dempsey.

Oh contraire !
I think anyone with an interest in football has a fair idea what goes on generally between players and the clubs.
Players are out for there own interests and many don't give a toss about the clubs or the fans.