watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan and his data analytics posse

Started by Jack Fulham, January 30, 2016, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Most people don't like change in business and will resist - who moved my cheese ?

This could be a revolution in football management

But.......could we have just one sign to indicate that it is working ?

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 11:20:38 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2016, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 10:52:47 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: The Swan on January 31, 2016, 09:52:11 AM
It seems that there were conflicting views on why Fulham did not re-sign midfielder Steve Sidwell, a former player on loan this month.
Sources have told the Telegraph that a deal to take him to Fulham had been agreed but was subsequently abandoned when the 33-year old did not score highly enough on Craig Klines statistical model.

Mattilla also has impeccable stats and was a great deal.

We need to keep our eyes on Madl and Mattilla to see if this Craig Klines numbers game works.
well if it was them that blocked the sidwell move, then they are alright in my eyes. Would have been a shocking signing

I feel One of Fulhams problems is that in certain quarters, we have developed a soft underbelly. Hence our League position and the fact that any current team in the Division can out manourve us and outmuscle us, and out score us, no matter how poor they are.
I would have thought that Steve Sidwell is the kind of player we would need in a dog fight, he has fire in his belly, and is not afraid to get his kit dirty. I also understand why he is not everyone's cup of tea.
Although we should have enough players already who can play in centre midfield, but I would not have objected to him returning.
We are not in the best position to pick and choose, and it would have been another string to our Longbow.
As for Stats and Analystic features, can't see them being much use on a cold February evening up at Elland Rd, and Ewood Park, when you end up eating dirt after being fouled/tackled for the umpteenth time, by the opponents hairy Six Foot plus defenders, with the referee and his assistants looking the other way. With a Partisan crowd screaming for blood.
Analystics and Stats won't mean much, and wearing gloves won't save them.
These people from the otherside of the pond should stick to that silly pointless overhyped game they call super bowl, where they give high fives for breaking wind.
Whereas Steve Sidwell, he would fancy a scrap,he has been there and done it, you wouldn't see him wearing gloves.
lol. Yes sidwell has been there and done it and got us RELEGATED. Have you seriously forgotten how bad we were when he was with us last. Can you not recall the stick ruiz got for dropping into our box to collect the ball because sidwell and Parker couldn't get it up to the halfway line. Has parkers performances in the lower leagues not proved that dropping a division doesn't make you a better player. Sidwell was poor two years ago so I doubt he has improved with old age

Blimey what have you been eating for breakfast Ben, I only said that I would not object to his returning, I wasn't trying to resurrect his career,  the memory fades, but if I can recollect, I thought it was Magaths methods, and Magaths presence, plus certain players throwing in the towel that contributed to our relegation.
By the way, how is the Matt Smith Supporters Club developing, you must have been inundated with Membership applications.
I have already submitted mine. 
It wasn't Magaths methods though, we was poor all season, extremely poor. And Parker and sidwell have to brunt most of the blame. They are the main men in the middle of the park and were/are a word I can't use on here. And I never want to recall just how (insert that word again) they were again, let alone re unite them. There's a reason you can't type g.inger on here and that reason is sidwell. He alone has turned that word into a derogatory meaning.

Just for the record, totally agree. (With Fulhamben)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Baszab on January 31, 2016, 05:11:45 PM
Most people don't like change in business and will resist - who moved my cheese ?

This could be a revolution in football management

But.......could we have just one sign to indicate that it is working ?

Ha! Had forgotten about that book.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2016, 07:24:24 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 11:20:38 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2016, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 10:52:47 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: The Swan on January 31, 2016, 09:52:11 AM
It seems that there were conflicting views on why Fulham did not re-sign midfielder Steve Sidwell, a former player on loan this month.
Sources have told the Telegraph that a deal to take him to Fulham had been agreed but was subsequently abandoned when the 33-year old did not score highly enough on Craig Klines statistical model.

Mattilla also has impeccable stats and was a great deal.

We need to keep our eyes on Madl and Mattilla to see if this Craig Klines numbers game works.
well if it was them that blocked the sidwell move, then they are alright in my eyes. Would have been a shocking signing

I feel One of Fulhams problems is that in certain quarters, we have developed a soft underbelly. Hence our League position and the fact that any current team in the Division can out manourve us and outmuscle us, and out score us, no matter how poor they are.
I would have thought that Steve Sidwell is the kind of player we would need in a dog fight, he has fire in his belly, and is not afraid to get his kit dirty. I also understand why he is not everyone's cup of tea.
Although we should have enough players already who can play in centre midfield, but I would not have objected to him returning.
We are not in the best position to pick and choose, and it would have been another string to our Longbow.
As for Stats and Analystic features, can't see them being much use on a cold February evening up at Elland Rd, and Ewood Park, when you end up eating dirt after being fouled/tackled for the umpteenth time, by the opponents hairy Six Foot plus defenders, with the referee and his assistants looking the other way. With a Partisan crowd screaming for blood.
Analystics and Stats won't mean much, and wearing gloves won't save them.
These people from the otherside of the pond should stick to that silly pointless overhyped game they call super bowl, where they give high fives for breaking wind.
Whereas Steve Sidwell, he would fancy a scrap,he has been there and done it, you wouldn't see him wearing gloves.
lol. Yes sidwell has been there and done it and got us RELEGATED. Have you seriously forgotten how bad we were when he was with us last. Can you not recall the stick ruiz got for dropping into our box to collect the ball because sidwell and Parker couldn't get it up to the halfway line. Has parkers performances in the lower leagues not proved that dropping a division doesn't make you a better player. Sidwell was poor two years ago so I doubt he has improved with old age

Blimey what have you been eating for breakfast Ben, I only said that I would not object to his returning, I wasn't trying to resurrect his career,  the memory fades, but if I can recollect, I thought it was Magaths methods, and Magaths presence, plus certain players throwing in the towel that contributed to our relegation.
By the way, how is the Matt Smith Supporters Club developing, you must have been inundated with Membership applications.
I have already submitted mine. 
It wasn't Magaths methods though, we was poor all season, extremely poor. And Parker and sidwell have to brunt most of the blame. They are the main men in the middle of the park and were/are a word I can't use on here. And I never want to recall just how (insert that word again) they were again, let alone re unite them. There's a reason you can't type g.inger on here and that reason is sidwell. He alone has turned that word into a derogatory meaning.

Can you type Bread Man ?
evening Woolly. You must be peed off now that Khan  and Kline have looked at smiths stats and blocked the sale of Dembele and Ross. Hell his stats scared them so much that they have offered Ross another new contract
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.