https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why is it that Ross has never played

Started by 18stepsup, January 30, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

18stepsup

Dr Know

fulhamben

Ross goal scoring record before he joined us really wasn't that great. Think one year he managed a massive two goals in one season. I'll find a link
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rusty shackleford

Its probably because he was expensive and a risk of being a flop at that level. Better for prem clubs to hope he gets promoted, have a look at him in the prem, then snap him up like the vultures they are

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Baszab

YankeeJim

He can be marked out of it by an aggressive defender which he would find in abundance in the Prem and he does lack pace. He likely has reached his level. In the right situation, he could be very effective but he isn't a hold up type forward which limits opportunities for him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ffc73

For the same reasons he has not played for a Championship promotion challenging side.  He is not good enough for that/those levels

Grateful that, at the moment, his above average ability for a lower / poor Championship side is for us

Jack Fulham

Unfortunate career moves?

The Scotland thing is odd though. I'd say he would be worth about 10 goals a season in the prem.

GrahamG

Carborundum

He shines in a role where he gets to do what he wants whilst others have more strictly defined roles.  Most teams have player filling this role, but a player has to be very very good indeed to land that role at a premier league team.

nose

a better question is why is there suddenly a 'down on ross' series of threads, mainly low level stuff but nonetheless it is mighty odd there is suddenly all this nonsense.

ross is our best player we all see that so why the negative stuff?

Like the way other players are bigged up when they aren't all that.

domprague

There was a good piece in the Indy at the weekend about this. It talks about how the likes of Ighalo, Varney and Troy Deeney could all have bought by Premiership clubs when they were in the Championship but no one went for them. If Rhodes and Ross want to go up a level, they'll have to be promoted was the jist of it.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Nero

Quote from: nose on January 30, 2016, 11:29:00 PM
a better question is why is there suddenly a 'down on ross' series of threads, mainly low level stuff but nonetheless it is mighty odd there is suddenly all this nonsense.

ross is our best player we all see that so why the negative stuff?

Like the way other players are bigged up when they aren't all that.

Quote from: Carborundum on January 30, 2016, 11:09:53 PM
He shines in a role where he gets to do what he wants whilst others have more strictly defined roles.  Most teams have player filling this role, but a player has to be very very good indeed to land that role at a premier league team.

why has he never been involved in a promotion push, and teams where he's been the main striker have always seemed to struggle, Is his own success to the detriment of the team? Could this be another reason ?

Blanco

Quote from: FFC73 on January 30, 2016, 05:33:33 PM
For the same reasons he has not played for a Championship promotion challenging side.  He is not good enough for that/those levels

Grateful that, at the moment, his above average ability for a lower / poor Championship side is for us

Would have to disagree. I think him and Rhodes are the two best strikers in the division.

Zendra

Ross has a football brain and is the type of player that is even better with better players around him who  can anticipate his quick thinking.  He muffs  a few but has a poachers instinct.  Even Jimmy Greaves missed a few now and then and he had wonderful players round him

HatterDon

He doesn't have the pace needed to be a striker in the Premier League
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel