watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Does anybody know of a company preferably in London

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 03, 2016, 06:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

that can 'burn' (I'm told this is the correct term) my CD's onto one of them new fangled apple wotsits?........I'm slowly trying to get less cluttered.....many thanks in anticipation

Oakeshott

By "new fangled apple wotsits" do you mean something that, among other things, is a mp3 player?

If so, with the right equipment it is child's play to convert one's own CDs - a year or two back I did over 300. If you bought a second hand Brennan JB7 you could load all your CDs as digital files and then copy them to whatever devices you like which are able to play mp3 files. Brennans can still be bought new from Richer sounds but you'd probably be able to pick one up for around £100 from a reliable seller on eBay.

Obviously only worth it if you have a sizeable number of CDs, but of course if you have it would cost quite a bit to get it done for you, commercially.

Copying CDs to digital format on a Brennan is genuinely simple - pop the disk in as one would to a CD player, and then when the display invites you to download it, simply press yes on the Brennan remote. The Brennan automatically recognises many CDs and titles the corresponding mp3 file. Where a CD is not recognised - maybe a foreign import, for example -  you can title it yourself but that is a bit fiddly and takes maybe a minute or two per CD. I suppose about 10% of those I downloaded were not recognised automatically, but one soon gets proficient at manual titling.

Rhys Lightning 63

I could do it for you. Do you know what device you're using?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

King_Crud

most laptops should be able to do it for you, did all of mine about ten years ago

H4usuallysitting

Many thanks for your replies........i was hoping to put the cd's on an apple ipod - i currently don't have a laptop or pc.....i use a chromebox for all my needs......i think your right i'll pop into Richer Sounds and see if they have a solution.....again many thanks